New Phantom 4 Backpack

It's about organization for me with the stuff I have.

Here in midtown Houston I don't find many deer, elk or antelope [emoji12] and a bit limited on flying locations without driving 20 min or more to get to open space. I'm more about taking my time in how I do things, so the Lowepro works for me in protecting my investments.

I have a number of personal trips coming up which will make this easier to transport. No issues on United at this point. Fits just like a regular carry on in both Embraer and larger jets.

One thing I did get for traveling purposes was small covers to put over the battery terminals just to be sure no challenges from TSA.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thank you for the very thorough review and help with the price!

My feedback for what it's worth Bart.

(snip to save space)

Yep, it is a bit bigger than the others offered, but you do get what you pay for here IMO. Again, works great for me when considering the stuff I carry around.

If I can help further, just let me know.

Mike

Finally got to see the DJI Multifunction backpack in real life at Target of all places, I actually really like it!

Finally got to see the DJI Multifunction backpack in real life at Target of all places, I actually really like it!
Oh, great. I haven't see that backpack in person myself. I have a Target nearby. I did get to see the Lowpro backpack at the IDE show last Saturday. It's a nice setup. They have one model that has a semi-hard shell enclosure that I liked. However all of their setups have internal cubbies that have a zippered lid. So after I unzip the main compartment lid to access things, I have to unzip more other compartments for the RC and batteries. I think that's too many zippers. That's more suited for camera storage I think, but for drone equipment, the RC and batteries would be fine using tailored compartments, such as ProCraft or ThinkTank provides. It seems much quicker and convenient.

DJI Teamed with InCase to make this one, not sure what I think about it. It doesn't seem much different than DJI's Multi-Function backpack on the inside, on the outside it appears much more boring.

Incase DJI Drone Pro Pack Black

I saw this case last week at CES. It's very light, nice quality but no waist belt for serious hiking. The interesting feature to me is the controller compartment on the top appears to be big enough for a controller with DBS2 antenna and possibly amps too.

d4f993b88085b12f553d4669b1a28e26.jpg

cb1e7c97c58cf7c3c5bcc33c88646373.jpg

Last edited:
so i ordered the DJI multi functional backpack from DJI and got some sort of knock off... honestly it looks like a cheap B grade Chinese knock off. I have attached pictures for reference. I first realized that the carabiner was missing I messaged the chat option on dji.com and they told me to call dji office, I decided to research further and was looking at reviews of the back pack. All the reviews I found online on youtube showed a far superior product then the knock off I received.

first 4 images are screen shots of what i found online. last 4 are pics of the POS they sent me. very very disappointed.

Attachments

• dji 4.gif
    dji 4.gif
    80.7 KB · Views: 413
  • dji ribbed 1.gif
    dji ribbed 1.gif
    24.1 KB · Views: 353
  • interior 3.gif
    interior 3.gif
    81.9 KB · Views: 373
  • back 2.gif
    back 2.gif
    56.8 KB · Views: 436
  • IMG-20170123-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20170123-WA0005.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 352
  • IMG-20170123-WA0008.jpg
    IMG-20170123-WA0008.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 353
  • 20170122_232022.jpg
    20170122_232022.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 368
  • 20170122_231944.jpg
    20170122_231944.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 353
so i ordered the DJI multi functional backpack from DJI and got some sort of knock off... honestly it looks like a cheap B grade Chinese knock off. I have attached pictures for reference. I first realized that the carabiner was missing I messaged the chat option on dji.com and they told me to call dji office, I decided to research further and was looking at reviews of the back pack. All the reviews I found online on youtube showed a far superior product then the knock off I received.

first 4 images are screen shots of what i found online. last 4 are pics of the POS they sent me. very very disappointed.
Where did you order this from?

Where did you order this from?
sorry i ordered this from DJI and i also received this email. which pretty much means that this is the new iteration of the back pack. I dont recommend this product.

Thank you for contacting DJI Online Store.

I am terribly sorry to let you down for what you ordered from our official online store.

We just realized the appearance and the materials of this backpack have been modified which you could found something difference compare to the one ever before.

And furthermore, we deeply apology for the result of negligence that we didn't make this announcement through our website and this have incurred your dissatisfaction.

It is quite sure you have right to claim your return policy but we would really appreciated for your general support on our product.

Sorry again for the inconvenience may have caused and we are grateful for your continue support on DJI.

Best regards
DJI Online Store

Wow, the one I saw at Target was just like the one pictured on the website, they must have made some changes, that sucks... returning it?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

sorry i ordered this from DJI and i also received this email. which pretty much means that this is the new iteration of the back pack. I dont recommend this product.

Thank you for contacting DJI Online Store.

I am terribly sorry to let you down for what you ordered from our official online store.

We just realized the appearance and the materials of this backpack have been modified which you could found something difference compare to the one ever before.

And furthermore, we deeply apology for the result of negligence that we didn't make this announcement through our website and this have incurred your dissatisfaction.

It is quite sure you have right to claim your return policy but we would really appreciated for your general support on our product.

Sorry again for the inconvenience may have caused and we are grateful for your continue support on DJI.

Best regards
DJI Online Store

B&h has it used for $120 or new for $138
DJI Multi-Function Backpack for Phantom Series CP.PT.000381 B&H

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj