New Phantom 4 Backpack

It looks like Phantom is copying the Lowepro backpack somewhat. I like it.
I own a P1, P2, P3P and 4 or 5 additional drones made by other companies. I've bought 5 backpacks with custom foam inserts and ended up cutting the foam to fit my needs in all 5 of those expensive suckers. The DroneGuard 450 is the last backpack I purchased, and by far my favorite. Plenty of room and plenty of protection. The DJI P4 backpack looks like a nice, less expensive alternative.

This:
DroneGuard Kit Camera bags, backpacks and rolling cases
has become my carrier of choice for all my drones. Great for just plopping in the back seat or the floor of my vehicle.

Attachments

• 1458306435219.jpg
    1458306435219.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 652
  • 1458306448444.jpg
    1458306448444.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 640
No. This backpack (and the DJI one) still costs over $1399. The price you'll pay for a new P4 after you break it in these crap bags. Only an idiot would pay even one cent for a bag with little to no protection.

Reactions: QuadBart
After all the packs I've bought to haul the fleet of drones I own, I have this opinion:

The expensive custom foam ones are great and worth every penny should you ever carry your drone on a airliner that drops from the sky at 30,000 ft, or you roll your vehicle 25 times. Otherwise the foam and expense is overkill.
Only an idiot would spend the money for a bag that would survive a nuclear blast when in reality, 99% of the the hauling you do is for a few miles in your trunk or back seat.

Absolute nonsense. First of all, the nice foam backpacks are really no more expensive than let's say, the DJI one. Secondly, they provide good protection for an item over $1000.
Many of us maybe take the backpacks on a hike, or in my case, I've traveled all over the world with them. I can tell you that the nonexistent protection offered by cheapo crap would have cracked my drones on many an occasion. You'd be surprised how little force in just the right way or placement can crack a shell.

Only an idiot would risk ruining a $1400 piece of equipment to save a relatively small sum to begin with once you've paid almost $1500.
And I have just as much experience as you and probably a bigger fleet used.

After all the packs I've bought to haul the fleet of drones I own, I have this opinion:

The expensive custom foam ones are great and worth every penny should you ever carry your drone on a airliner that drops from the sky at 30,000 ft, or you roll your vehicle 25 times. Otherwise the foam and expense is overkill.
Only an idiot would spend the money for a bag that would survive a nuclear blast when in reality, 99% of the the hauling you do is for a few miles in your trunk or back seat.

Absolute nonsense. First of all, the nice foam backpacks are really no more expensive than let's say, the DJI one. Secondly, they provide good protection for an item over $1000.
Many of us maybe take the backpacks on a hike, or in my case, I've traveled all over the world with them. I can tell you that the nonexistent protection offered by cheapo crap would have cracked my drones on many an occasion. You'd be surprised how little force in just the right way or placement can crack a shell.

Only an idiot would risk ruining a $1400 piece of equipment to save a relatively small sum to begin with once you've paid almost $1500.
And I have just as much experience as you and probably a bigger fleet used.

No I have more experience and a bigger fleet. And my hands are a lot bigger than yours.

Im interested in a backpack too.

Here is a review on the droneguard bp 450 aw Lowepro doubles down on Drones with the DroneGuard BP 450 AW

I am worried its a bit to big and bulky, and most of the time ill just be pulling up at of my car and walking less than 50 meters to a park bench.... but it does look robust and they mention in the review to get this over the go pro one (which is similar to the chinese ebay foam ones)

What do you guys think about putting hot batteries into the old P3 hard foam backpacks?

I'd often go for a ride, fly then put my phantom and batteries back in the case, zip it up and head home. The residual heat in the case was quite noticeable even half an hour or so later.

I'm not a fan of this new design but it looks like it breathes a bit better.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31