New Firmware camera goes crazy! WTF

I though I might have which is a good guess for my issue. However, I went though my downloads folder on my computer and I did only download the P3A firmware. I also upgraded from 1.2.7 to the 1.2.8 and still have the issue. No one at DJI seems to know what this gimbal motor overload is. 5+ week repair time is just unacceptable

Reactions: skyhighdiver
So I actually just opened up part of the gimbal. It was very intense and seemed really really delicate so I closed it back up quickly. Now the terrible motor noise has stopped but the camera still had a lot of random movements. I wonder if I should maybe take it apart and blow some compressed air into it?

The red light is still blinking over the camera and the app still reads gimbal motor overload. it does say remove gimbal fixation. I still have no help from DJI

I got mine a couple weeks ago, flew it a few times and everything was fine. Now after the upgrade its like Crazy Ivan!! HELP!! Did the updates and upgrades whatever. I just want the thing to fly!

I had a similar problem. My gimbal would line up straight and then about every 15 seconds it would drop towards the gimbal motor and then reset it self. It kept doing it over and over. I tried gimbal calibration and it failed. I then put my finger on the top right Sid of the camera to see if it would pull and it didn't. After screwing around I taped a quarter to the right side of the camera. The bobbing stopped. I could move the phantom all around it would always stay perfect. I finally ended up gluing a nickel to the right side of the camera and it's worked great thru about 6 flights. I may send it in for warranty but I want it for summer and I don't want to wait 6 weeks for repair.

Reactions: Ari
Blade strike... Do you know if DJI is working on a VPS fix and if there is a timeline for new firmware?

So I actually just opened up part of the gimbal. It was very intense and seemed really really delicate so I closed it back up quickly. Now the terrible motor noise has stopped but the camera still had a lot of random movements. I wonder if I should maybe take it apart and blow some compressed air into it?

The red light is still blinking over the camera and the app still reads gimbal motor overload. it does say remove gimbal fixation. I still have no help from DJI

My P3 was perfect. Then after doing the most recent update I ended up with the following issues...

*Gimbal not communicating with R/C
*VPS
*Video Display Flickers
*Error Message- "com.google.process.gapps"
*Radio Channel Quality message appears rotating between Poor & Good
*Error Message- Strong Interference, please be cautious in long distance flight
*Error Message- Reception Interference do not fly long distances

Out of the 7 issues above the only one DJI has been successful at helping with thus far is the 1st one concerning the Gimbal. The cure for it was to uninstall App/ then Reinstall/ then Calibrate Gimbal.

Ari, you can't hurt anything be trying a remove & reload the app. Corrupt installs happen, and even with the best devices money can buy.
The only downfall for me was the reinstall did not fix any of the 6 other issues I have listed. Try it. Btw, my settings stayed the same.

I had a similar problem. My gimbal would line up straight and then about every 15 seconds it would drop towards the gimbal motor and then reset it self. It kept doing it over and over. I tried gimbal calibration and it failed. I then put my finger on the top right Sid of the camera to see if it would pull and it didn't. After screwing around I taped a quarter to the right side of the camera. The bobbing stopped. I could move the phantom all around it would always stay perfect. I finally ended up gluing a nickel to the right side of the camera and it's worked great thru about 6 flights. I may send it in for warranty but I want it for summer and I don't want to wait 6 weeks for repair.

I wouldn't wait too long for gimbal warranty repair. The gimbal only has a 6 month warranty and you need to factor in 5-6 weeks for the repair and if it's not fixed initially then another 5-6 weeks, rinse and repeat.

Prettttttty much the reason I've grounded my P3P for a couple weeks.
P2V+ was rock solid.
New product. New software and variable. I've lost one already.

It appears to be normal for the camera to go through a calibration cycle upon starting the Phantom 3. I have seen Gimbal Overload displayed when I did a startup on grass that obstructed the gimbal movement. Maybe you have a mechanical failure or a loose connection? Or possibly some debris stuck in the gimbal pivot? Here is a video of my gimbal movement when starting up normally with the 1.2.6 firmware.

During the upgrade process to the 1.2.6 firmware, the gimbal did a lot of extra movements on mine. I presumed it was the attempt to correct the un-level horizon issue. And it did just that, for me anyway.

I had the SAME EXACT THING happen to me RANDOMLY yesterday. I called support and they walked me through a few troubleshooting steps (IMU & Gimbal calibration). The first IMU calibration actually stopped the motion of the gimbal, so I thought that fixed it. However the next time I turned it on it restarted the crazy dance. Gimbal calibration failed of course.

After seeing TWO more people having the SAME exact issue, I called DJI back and they said IT IS POSSIBLE TO DOWNGRADE FIRMWARE! You just go here Phantom 3 Professional - Specs, FAQ, Tutorials, Downloads and DJI GO | DJI

And get the version you want to downgrade to. In the process of doing that now.... will update if it works....

BS

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-16 at 12.16.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-16 at 12.16.28 PM.png
    22.9 KB · Views: 314
Same issue here. My Samsung phone did an Android update, and the old app wouldn't work anymore, so it forced me to update firmware. Was working fine before, but now I can't get the gimbal to calibrate, even after IMU calibration and Gimbal calibration. Uninstalled and reinstalled the application as well. Opened a ticket with support, but I'm not very confident.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj