New Firmware camera goes crazy! WTF

Ari

Reaction score
I dont know why I updated. It was working just fine before. (prob bc as many users have said that in the event of a crash DJI will say its not the latest firmware....) After updating both the drone and the controller and doing IMU and gimbal calibration, the camera violently shakes and spins around like crazy.

I am afraid the motor is going to break. Tomorrow I am going to try to downgrade back to 1.1.9 Thing seems to fly just fine if I unplug the camera.

Anyone else having this issue

If you want to see a video let me know...

Reactions: mmee1992
Did you update the controller as well?

Here is the video...

The camera goes crazy. I dont know what the hell is wrong with it but im pissed. Should have never done the firmware upgrade. I did do IMU and gimbal calibration after the update as others suggested....

I turned the thing on, flew it for a bit. it seemed to work fine then I noticed the camera going mad so I bought it back home using RTH bc I couldnt see bc the camera was going nuts. Now after I turn it one the camera goes wild. I tried to redo the firmware but nothing happens

Here is the video...

The camera goes crazy. I dont know what the hell is wrong with it but im pissed. Should have never done the firmware upgrade. I did do IMU and gimbal calibration after the update as others suggested....

I turned the thing on, flew it for a bit. it seemed to work fine then I noticed the camera going mad so I bought it back home using RTH bc I couldnt see bc the camera was going nuts. Now after I turn it one the camera goes wild. I tried to redo the firmware but nothing happens

Wow. I did the firmware upgrade to v1.2.6 for Phantom 3 Professional, and mine is working fine, at least the camera and gimbal are not doing that. Is there anything obstructing free movement of the gimbal in that area? Dirt perhaps? That really sucks. You should definitely contact DJI.

For a company that makes great stuff, they sure churn out a lot of duds, or so it would seem.

Nothing... The camera light blinks red. I tried to do a gimbal calibration but the apps says it failed. I dont know what to do...

I'm afraid to update because I have a gig this weekend and do not need any malfunctions to happen but I heard that if you don't update you cannot fly. @blade strike can you confirm my concern for me when you have a second.

I think what happened is i put the professional firmware on the advanced... I am trying to flash it right now. Will keep you updated. There should be something that should prevent this from happening

I'm afraid to update because I have a gig this weekend and do not need any malfunctions to happen but I heard that if you don't update you cannot fly. @blade strike can you confirm my concern for me when you have a second.

Not a forced update, unit should not lock.

@Ari

Please post the hidden log file.. It's located on the sdcard

X:\misc\log\logname

@Ari

Please post the hidden log file.. It's located on the sdcard

X:\misc\log\logname

Here is the log.

I also posted a screen shot of the error message I get with the new updated app. I didnt see this message with the old version of the app. It says the gimbal motor overload which makes sense because it spins around like crazy.

Been doing some reading and it seems its impossible to downgrade firmwares right?

Attachments

• hidden.txt
    21 KB · Views: 466
  • Screenshot_2015-06-18-10-12-08.png
    Screenshot_2015-06-18-10-12-08.png
    635.1 KB · Views: 511
Here is the log.

I also posted a screen shot of the error message I get with the new updated app. I didnt see this message with the old version of the app. It says the gimbal motor overload which makes sense because it spins around like crazy.

Been doing some reading and it seems its impossible to downgrade firmwares right?

Unfortunately this isn't a fw upgrade issue. Upgrade took fine.

It seems more like the gimbal died during the process.. Did you have the gimbal lock installed when applying the update?

Unfortunately this isn't a fw upgrade issue. Upgrade took fine.

It seems more like the gimbal died during the process.. Did you have the gimbal lock installed when applying the update?
No i didnt. The gimbal died? Does this mean I am going to have to send it out to them then wait a million years to get it back? The whole thing like works... I can take pictures and everything but the camera just moves around like crazy

Have you tried a reset of the craft?

Blade is there anyway for him to do a reset/restore? I know about the reset all settings in the app but does this reset the craft as well, or just app settings? DJI really needs to implement a factory restore setting like on a router as a troubleshooting method...

Blade is there anyway for him to do a reset/restore? I know about the reset all settings in the app but does this reset the craft as well, or just app settings? DJI really needs to implement a factory restore setting like on a router as a troubleshooting method...

Reset in the app does a complete reset on the craft. But I guess not a true hard reset. I agree something like this would be very helpful while trouble shooting.

We have even requested a firmware that would reload even if the same version.. Haven't heard anything back from r&d regarding it.

Its total BS that you cant downgrade firmware. I have no idea how they claim it cant be done. It is absolutly insane and driving me nuts. If I have to send back this thing and have to wait 5+ weeks to get it back...

DJI customer support is also like the worst Ive ever seen

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl