So just renaming the fw is enough? Because the last fw that worked for me is 1.4.60. I found the bin file but cannot downgrade before.Do we need to downgrade step by step or can we go directly from 1.7.90 to 1.4.60?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 using Tapatalk
I just renamed P3C_FW_V01.04.0060.bin to P3C_FW_V99.99.9999.bin to get from 1.07.0082 to 1.04.0060. I did not have to step down through versions, but went directly to 1.04.0060.

I did not test downgrading fw with any alternate P3C*.bin name in the root directory, but my theory was the bird likes to use the file with the highest version *.bin in the root directory, if there are multiple *.bin files. I would suggest against having more than 1 *.bin file in the root directory, but maybe you don't need to rename it; I didn't test.

I can't conceive of a reason you can't downgrade to any version, provided you have a complete *.bin file, regardless of what version the P3S currently has. Firmware tends to be universally self-contained across any hardware platform that Linux runs on. These birds run on Linux, so it's inconceivable you can't go directly to any fw version with a valid *.bin file in the micro-sd card's root directory.

Hey guys. there is a beta firmware called 1.7.90 for P3S. is there anyone who have tried that??? what is results with the signal lost issue?? is there any improvement ????

Thanks
Dilan
I noticed that I lost some features.
1) Unable to calibrate my Location
2) Location tracking map, just have white background
3) Advance Setting that allows me to turn my Red LED lights off/on, is no longer there.
"Unable to use my Drop and Delivery device from Gimble-guard is now useless"
Does anyone else have this issues?

Aloha,
Wondering if anyone else having the same problem, after upgrading latest firmware?
I am unable to turn OFF my red LED. Using that advance feature for my Drop and Deliver device from Gimble-guard for fishing.

Also, unable to calibrate at different locations.

I just renamed P3C_FW_V01.04.0060.bin to P3C_FW_V99.99.9999.bin to get from 1.07.0082 to 1.04.0060. I did not have to step down through versions, but went directly to 1.04.0060.

I did not test downgrading fw with any alternate P3C*.bin name in the root directory, but my theory was the bird likes to use the file with the highest version *.bin in the root directory, if there are multiple *.bin files. I would suggest against having more than 1 *.bin file in the root directory, but maybe you don't need to rename it; I didn't test.

I can't conceive of a reason you can't downgrade to any version, provided you have a complete *.bin file, regardless of what version the P3S currently has. Firmware tends to be universally self-contained across any hardware platform that Linux runs on. These birds run on Linux, so it's inconceivable you can't go directly to any fw version with a valid *.bin file in the micro-sd card's root directory.
Will give it a try. The last thing I haven't tried is Papatitas mode. Hope there will be a solution

Sent from my Samsung mobile.

Aloha,
Wondering if anyone else having the same problem, after upgrading latest firmware?
I am unable to turn OFF my red LED. Using that advance feature for my Drop and Deliver device from Gimble-guard for fishing.

Also, unable to calibrate at different locations.

I upgraded to 1.7.9 couple days ago and have had zero issues I noticed after first updating I didn't have the turn on/off front led option as well but I restarted bird controller and device and the option was back.

Reactions: Vega
beta Firmware 1.7.90 ? Were you having issues before the update?

Restart the drone, restart the transmitter & try again. If necessary, move away from any interference (though this is unlikely to cause GPS error)

I get this every once inawhile with my P3S and it is always fixed by a restart-I'm not on current firmware, either.

Hard Reset for Controller
  • Push and hold all of the following buttons at once (see image below)
    1. C1
    2. C2
    3. The Video Record Button
    4. The Camera Settings Dial

I think she (Nada) said she has a standard drone, yet the instructions you gave are for the PRO controller ... anyone has the correct instructions?

Now, and to tag along, I just got a Nexus tablet today (was using an iPad Air before), and upon launching the app, I get the message: "New firmware available, update now".

My question is: Is it now safe to upgrade or is the new firmware still flaky?

Last edited:
So can someone confirm that you can downgrade to any version of you rename it to p3c#####.

This seems to easy.

Hi! New to this Forum. I am also interested to know if this works. I am getting very poor results with this new update on my p3s. Need a fix before i chunk it

Hi! New to this Forum. I am also interested to know if this works. I am getting very poor results with this new update on my p3s. Need a fix before i chunk it
Welcome to the forum!
How about some details, it was working fine before you did a firmware upgrade?
"very poor results"
Image, Telemetry, Remote?

Rod

Here is a new 'twist'. I did the upgrade, and flew the bird the next day. Few seconds in the flight, I get a compass error and the drone took off at 25-30 km/h and almost hit the neighbor's house. Now, the compass error caused the controller to switch from P-GPS to ATTI mode by itself (not sure why).

The only one thing I did differently this time is I did not calibrate the Compass. In the past, everytime I launch DJI-Go, it asks for a compass calibration. This last run however, somehow DJI-GO did NOT ask for a calibration and I did not calibrate.

Also, the reason the drone flew off (20 meters or so) was likely a combination of two things:
1. a bit of wind
2. ATTI mode (I've only flown in P-GPS before).

The only unknown here is whether the loss of Compass was truly because I did not calibrate, or a because of the firmware upgrade. Anyone can guess?

PS. I got all the above information from looking at the log file from my tablet.

Last edited:
Here is a new 'twist'. I did the upgrade, and flew the bird the next day. Few seconds in the flight, I get a compass error and the drone took off at 25-30 km/h and almost hit the neighbor's house. Now, the compass error caused the controller to switch from P-GPS to ATTI mode by itself (not sure why).

The nly one thing I did not do that day was: In the past, everytime I launch DJI-Go, it asks for a compass calibration. This last run I did, somehow DJI-GO did NOT ask for, nor did I do a compass calibration.
Also, the reason the drone flew off (20 meters or so) was likely a combination of two things: 1. a bit of wind, and ATTI mode.

The only unknown here is whether the loss of Compass was truly because I did not calibrate, or a because of the firmware upgrade. Anyone can guess?

PS. I got all the above information from looking at the log file from my tablet.
When I can, I will dig up some info for you, there was just a discussion that was explaining compass and atti, etc.
I wouldn't mess with the firmware at this point.

If upload your scary flight, and may be some others to.
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Then share the url here, some buzzards will prey on your flight. :)

But, I would like to share this, I think its good information whether you believe it or not.
Compass Calibration, A Complete Primer

You been around since November, if you haven't hit this site yet, take a look.

DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help

Rod

Welcome to the forum!
How about some details, it was working fine before you did a firmware upgrade?
"very poor results"
Image, Telemetry, Remote?

Rod
Well before the Update i was getting Good range and no problems at farther distances .(close to a mile on a bad day). Good Telemetry and Video seemed to work farther with no issues .Now i am lucky to get 1600ft before weak signal and losing it completely around 2500. Sometime RTH just keeps Timing out while the bird sits and hovers in the sky at 2500 feet out 300 ft high waiting for the next command as if i still have control. i guess i should also mention the last good working firmware was 1.05.07 now i am fw v1.07.9

Last edited:
@JB63
My head is spinning, I thought your were @Y2KGTA giving me his details, so if my answers sounds a little odd that's why, I'm still looking for the info.

Rod

Well before the Update i was getting Good range and no problems at farther distances .(close to a mile on a bad day). Good Telemetry and Video seemed to work farther with no issues .Now i am lucky to get 1600ft before weak signal and losing it completely around 2500. Sometime RTH just keeps Timing out while the bird sits and hovers in the sky at 2500 feet out 300 ft high waiting for the next command as if i still have control.
Telemetry and video still good?
"Sometime RTH just keeps Timing out while the bird sits and hovers in the sky at 2500 feet out 300 ft high"
Is RTH set to hover?

Rod

Telemetry and video still good?
"Sometime RTH just keeps Timing out while the bird sits and hovers in the sky at 2500 feet out 300 ft high"
Is RTH set to hover?

Rod
It does finally RTH after i panic on the switch. but it loses video signal completely and keep popping up RTH and then keeps timing out over and over again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1