New controller with built in display problem?

Or does the track following thing only happen if it looses signal?
It's an optional setting. You can also set the Phantom to fly straight back to the home point.

Another thing I was wondering. there is probably a thread on here about this but, i'my leaning towards remote without screen. Which app should I use? I've researched litchi and dji go. if there are others, let me know.

Start with DJI GO. You'll at least need it to activate your Phantom, install the firmware, and set some of the settings not offered in 3rd party apps. Once you've mastered that, you can explore 3rd party apps if it does not meet your needs. At the moment, there are no 3rd party apps for the P4P.

I'm not very "techy" when it comes to this side of the monitors - however looking at the promo for the CrystalSky monitor and its main feature of an ultra-bright screen.

DJI states: "A maximum 2000 cd/m² of brightness, means the CrystalSky monitor is more than four times as bright as typical mobile devices" - and that it is clearly visible in sunlight.

Now I understand that "Luminance" is applied to the video industry to define the brightness of different display device screens - but wow 4x as bright as a typical mobile device!!.

My question is - since most of us have the "bright" turned up on our devices when flying in bright sunlight and we experience overheating on our devices as such - wouldn't it stand to reason that overheating might be an issue with these units (CrystalSky)? Or am I missing something here?

How many people on this thread ordered the P4P w/ out the built in monitor? At first I was going to order it, but got seconds thoughts & just ordered the basic RC one. For me it seems that a 1000 nits is not much of an upgrade compared to my Iphone 7+ "(705 nits w/ Auto Brightness enabled). I primarily use my phone when flying my bird too. Only drawback from my phone is the sun glare and finger smudges off the glass. I can see my readings fine on the DJI app. Besides a slightly faster set up time, I was wondering if I'm leaving anything out in regards to the built in monitor?
Last, will the CystalSky units be available for purchase anytime soon? thanks

My question is - since most of us have the "bright" turned up on our devices when flying in bright sunlight and we experience overheating on our devices as such - wouldn't it stand to reason that overheating might be an issue with these units (CrystalSky)? Or am I missing something here?

Not at all. DJI actually states on their web site that the CrystalSky is designed for extreme cold or extreme hot temps.

Besides a slightly faster set up time, I was wondering if I'm leaving anything out in regards to the built in monitor?
Lower latency is an added benefit.

So if I'm a 1st time flyer and will use primarily for photos (and occasional video) it seems I'm better off starting off with plus version since I would need to either upgrade my phone or buy an IPAD. Don't know what some of the outside apps would do for me at this point since I have a huge learning curve ahead of me. Once I get more comfortable I can always buy another controller and display. Does that make sense or am I missing something?

Lower latency is an added benefit.
Yeah that helps too. But not a huge deal breaker for me since I'm mainly buying this unit for photography. Ugh ... now i'm getting very indecisive again. I ordered the P4P on saturday, wonder how much of a hassle it'll be if I decide to upgrade to the P4P+? If I do, my delivery will probably be delayed a lot longer.

Yeah that helps too. But not a huge deal breaker for me since I'm mainly buying this unit for photography. Ugh ... now i'm getting very indecisive again. I ordered the P4P on saturday, wonder how much of a hassle it'll be if I decide to upgrade to the P4P+? If I do, my delivery will probably be delayed a lot longer.
I wonder if you could chat with DJI and get them to change the order somehow keeping the same order number and place in line?
Start with DJI GO. You'll at least need it to activate your Phantom, install the firmware, and set some of the settings not offered in 3rd party apps. Once you've mastered that, you can explore 3rd party apps if it does not meet your needs. At the moment, there are no 3rd party apps for the P4P.

I wonder if you could chat with DJI and get them to change the order somehow keeping the same order number and place in line?

I'll see if I can contact them after Thanksgiving. But if all fails, I'll just wait for the P5. I currently have a P3A, so the wait shouldn't be bad.

So if I'm a 1st time flyer and will use primarily for photos (and occasional video) it seems I'm better off starting off with plus version since I would need to either upgrade my phone or buy an IPAD. Don't know what some of the outside apps would do for me at this point since I have a huge learning curve ahead of me. Once I get more comfortable I can always buy another controller and display. Does that make sense or am I missing something?
If you buy the P4P+ with display, you won't have a display clip to hold an iPad or an iPhone if you decide you want to try Litchi, Autopilot of Drone Deploy. If I buy the P4P I think I'll get it without the 5.5" display and wait for the 7.9" version of CrystalSky and simply use the standard display clip to hold it. This gives me the flexibility to use my iPad for Litchi, which I must have for the work I do.

I've confirmed the P4P+ Android device will not have access to the Android PlayStore. Apparently DJI will control the apps that are allowed to be used on the device. That should include Litchi, Autopilot, etc in the future, but I'm not sure. I gotta believe DJI would cooperate with their loyal third party software vendors since DJI has given everyone the SDK to enhance the flight capabilities of DJI craft. Seems like a slam dunk to me if DJI wants to sell CrystalSky displays.

I hope you are right about that @John Locke. It does seem to me that those Crystal Sky display are going to appeal to Pros and serious prosumers who will be able to afford it. Those customers are the same that will require access to other professional apps that provide functions they need to do their work. I am hoping I will be one of those people :-j

Where did that info come from?
Whether it will or won't is what I've been trying to find out for a week but haven't seen anything either way so far.
Well on dji store. The pro model now says 5 to 7 business days and the pro+ says 1-2 weeks. Alot of people have been saying it. I can see it happening. I did order the pro+ so I hope it's not true.

Well on dji store. The pro model now says 5 to 7 business days and the pro+ says 1-2 weeks. A lot of people have been saying it. I can see it happening. I did order the pro+ so I hope it's not true.
Hmm .. I've been sitting on Payment Authorised for a week. I wonder what Estimated shipping: 1-2 weeks of order confirmation means and how this applies to existing orders.
I wonder if the estimated shipping details are any more reliable than the mixed stories people are getting when they pester the online chat people at DJI (not reliable at all)?
Has anyone had shipping confirmed yet on the + model?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl