New controller with built in display problem?

Hmm .. I've been sitting on Payment Authorised for a week. I wonder what Estimated shipping: 1-2 weeks of order confirmation means and how this applies to existing orders.
I wonder if the estimated shipping details are any more reliable than the mixed stories people are getting when they pester the online chat people at DJI (not reliable at all)?
Has anyone had shipping confirmed yet on the + model?
I too have been sitting on payment authorized since the 15th. The funny thing is the money was taken out of my bank as soon as I ordered labeled as processing. Then 2 days ago when everyone was getting the fake shipping my money was back in my account with no sign of the processing charge. At this point I have no idea what's going on. On a positive note my Mavic is flying great and I got a email stating my Extra Mavic battery has shipped! Good thing because the battery that came with my Mavic has almost 30 charges on it already lol

I've confirmed the P4P+ Android device will not have access to the Android PlayStore.

This may help...

I have the Yuneec Typhoon H and although the controller is an Android based 7" tablet, which you can load Apps on "manually", you can't load apps via the Google Play Store. I've tried many times to get the Google Play Store working, which is possible, but you can't download Apps from it or have it update Apps on the tablet. Yuneec has done something to ensure this does not happen, so that they control the updates. When you turn on the controller for the Typhoon H, it goes immediately into the FLIGHTMODE software (which is like the DJI GO App). You can then choose to go into Android if you wish and start up other Apps (Photo Gallery, Calendar, Facebook, Twitter, etc) or play with all the Android settings. It is pretty much an Android Tablet that you'd buy from any store, except the Google Play Store will not work in its entirety. Many Apps on my tablet I have placed there manually.

I would guess that DJI has done the same thing with the P4P+ controller and the CrystalSky controller. This means that when you power them on they immediately load the DJI GO App. DJI will have an option to go into Android. From there you can launch other Apps and play with all the Android settings (i.e., set up your WiFi, date, time, background, google account settings, etc). Because of this, you could then do the same that is done on the Typhoon H controller... You can place any Android App on a mico SD. Android Apps all have the file extension APK. Just download the Litchi APK file (do a search for Litchi.APK) off the internet and place it on a micro SD card. Place that card into the controller, go into Android and manually load the App.

NOTE: I do not yet have the P4P+ controller to try this, and I'm just providing my thoughts based on my experience with the Yuneec Typhoon H controller.

Hmm DJI into "fake ware" ?
The display shown attached to the P4P+ controller does not look anything like the CrystalSky display. I think this is still a moving target not unlike the Mavic Pro delayed into January.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Guys, lets be real. The number ONE issue with flying these things is the VERY limited practicality flying in direct sunlight. Ive flown with every tablet/ phone under the sun and they all suck. The ipad pro comes closest but still gets washed out in overhead sun. This tablet pumps out over 1000 nits of lighting capacity, double the new IPhone 7. The fact that its a dedicated display not running a load of smartphone software should boost performance and reduce lag times. Quick flip up and your ready to go, no attaching your phone, no background programs causing conflicts etc. This integrated screen is a dream come true IMO. I seriously had to fly with a hood over my head and the TX in any kind of sunlight looking like a freak doing so.......

The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus are 500 nits, while the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus are rated at 625 nits, I believe the iWatch series 2 is rated at 1000 nits the same at the P4P+ display. Does anyone have that watch? How's the display in direct sunlight? I searched YouTube for reviews on the iWatch 2 in sunlight to get an idea of how the new display would perform. But I couldn't find any videos...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus are 500 nits, while the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus are rated at 625 nits, I believe the iWatch series 2 is rated at 1000 nits the same at the P4P+ display. Does anyone have that watch? How's the display in direct sunlight? I searched YouTube for reviews on the iWatch 2 in sunlight to get an idea of how the new display would perform. But I couldn't find any videos...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

7+ is 705 Nits when it's on Auto-Brightness. The screen will go above 625 n when their really bright ambient light. I tested the brightness out on my current 7+ iphone. I didn't have much trouble under direct sunlight. Only drawback is the reflection from the cellphone glass. Finger print smudges too. With that said, I ordered just the P4P. I might change my mind over time and order the better RC, or wait until the P5 comes out.

I believe the iWatch series 2 is rated at 1000 nits the same at the P4P+ display. Does anyone have that watch? How's the display in direct sunlight?
I have it and it is incredible. I can see it in direct sunlight as clearly as inside.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20