Nephew crashed my P3 standard. Camera disconnected.

Reaction score
Hi all,

so at a wedding a few days ago, I was called away from my drone to take some pictures with the bride and groom. I told my nephew he could fly it for a few minutes, so instead of helping him myself, I asked my wife to help him. About 30 seconds after walking away, I heard leaves being ripped apart and saw my drone flip away from the tree, then back into the tree before doing a violent nose dive to ground, where it flopped around the ground for a few seconds. My wife had to pull the battery to get it to stop flopping around on the ground. I ran to my drone to review the damages, and the vibration absorbing bracket is broken, and the wires to the camera have been ripped out. I will send pictures asap of the damages. I have ordered the bracket and the drop pins. Any advice (besides "dont let your wife and a 9 year old play with your drone") and/or direction as far as getting it fixed would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Erik

VZM.IMG_20160810_170753.jpg
VZM.IMG_20160810_170817.jpg
VZM.IMG_20160810_172216.jpg
VZM.IMG_20160810_172237 (1).jpg

If someone could please take a look and let me know what parts I will need to order, other than the drop pins and the mounting bracket, that would be greatly appreciated. Please let know what I am missing. Also, do I need to order some kind of wiring for the camera, or can I just put the existing wires back into the harness?

It's hard to tell if the connectors on the ends of the gray wires are damaged. If they are all in good shape, you should be able to slide them back into the harness. The darker gray antenna wire is missing the connector. It might still be attached inside of the gimbal. If you're not able to reattach the connector, you can buy a new antenna here.

Here's a video showing how to remove/connect the antenna wires:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Darius
Ditto! Slide the pins back in the connector and put a dab of super glue on top to keep them from popping out (dont get them in the pin openings)

The antenna wire can usually be pushed back into the gold connector and crimped a little. A new antenna is 12 bucks on fleabay

Sent from my phone by pushing buttons with my fingers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers