Need help

JLS

Reaction score
I haven't used my Phantom 3 standard for a long time. The battery seemed like it charged up but when I put it into the Phantom 3 and push the power button, the four green bars light up and then it goes blank. The Phantom doesn't start up. When I hold the button for five seconds, one light flashes and the others are solid and then goes blank again. Is it the battery? If you think it's the battery, any suggestions on where to get a new one?
Thanks

I haven't used my Phantom 3 standard for a long time. The battery seemed like it charged up but when I put it into the Phantom 3 and push the power button, the four green bars light up and then it goes blank. The Phantom doesn't start up. When I hold the button for five seconds, one light flashes and the others are solid and then goes blank again. Is it the battery? If you think it's the battery, any suggestions on where to get a new one?
Thanks
you do remember that you have to press and press again a second later to start?

Reactions: ROD PAINTER and Oso
The battery seemed like it charged up but when I put it into the Phantom 3 and push the power button, the four green bars light up and then it goes blank.
Sounds like you have forgotten the startup procedure. One press, gives you the above quote. Another 2 second press and hold will turn the battery on.

Did you leave the battery go completely dead or did you keep it charged at around 50%? I buy my batteries at Best Buy. They are on sale now for $118.00

Sorry guys.....You were correct. I forgot the startup procedure. Thanks for the reminder....Now to see if I can get the old girl to fly again...

Sorry guys.....You were correct. I forgot the startup procedure. Thanks for the reminder....Now to see if I can get the old girl to fly again...
No worries. You'd be surprised how often we get the exact same question asked when someone has not used their Phantom in a while. We basically know the problem the moment we read the posts. :)

I suggest that you check it all out to be sure that everything works well BEFORE changing any firmware should you make that choice. Also, make note of the FW versions currently on your AC and RC. Often times the "battery wont power up" posts are followed up with "I updated FW and now it doesn't work at all," and then, "I have no idea what FW versions I had before."

Good luck!

Reactions: RodPad
I hope I may join this thread: I need help as well. I am the owner of a Phantom 3 standard; as of now I have downloaded my videos from the camera taking the card and inserting it in my laptop. But there is the possibility of doing it just connecting the drone to the laptop through a cable. My question is: is the cable the same I use to charge the battery of the remote control or is a different one? Thanks for the help.

@The Foreigner,
Welcome to the Forum!

Looks like the thread has finished, so I guess your not hijacking it.

"My question is: is the cable the same I use to charge the battery of the remote control or is a different one?"

Does the cable fit? :) If it does then give it a try. :rolleyes:
Sorry, actually just messing with you....

I use the cable method because the SD card is so frekon small and my hands are to big, etc.
Plug the cable into the port near the camera and power up the Phantom and it should show up as a external drive.

My files take about 5 mins or less.

Large files can take a long time to download, many here say just do what your already doing.
Keep in mind leaving your Phantom powered up and not flying for a long time it can get very hot.

The other port on the Phantom is on the front below the model tag and that's where you would download flight data from the internal SD card.

Rod

Thanks Rod for the welcome and for the information. I watched a tutorial on youtube and the guy used a data cable that seemed exactly alike to mine on both ends, the small and the large. I did not want to try it for fear of damaging the drone or the laptop with an inappropriate connection: I just wanted to be sure that the cable is suitable for data transfer. Thanks, Nino

Reactions: RodPad
I am back.....the P3S flew just fine...everything seems to work except I get no image transmission. Any thoughts or help with that?

I am back.....the P3S flew just fine...everything seems to work except I get no image transmission. Any thoughts or help with that?
Really, crap, do you get telemetry?

Rod

Yes....I am able to move the camera up and down.....just no image.
Hey Rod. Thanks for your concern. I tried putting a different card into the P3S and moved away from my building. I don't know which one worked, but everything seems to be working fine now.....

Attachments

• DJI_0004.JPG
    DJI_0004.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 258
I bet the SD card. When you format the cards, I prefer them being in the phantom.

thumb-up-terminator pablo M R.jpg

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic