My P3P has the Flu !

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Phantom 3 Pro has been flying perfect since I acquired it, but it wasn't until last week I went to fly with a friend who just purchased his Mavic and we did a hover test and thats when I noticed my P3P aggressively shaking/wobbling.
I took it home, gave it a good look over, spun up the motors with props as I held onto it to see if anything looked out of place, nothing was wobbling when I held it, I took the props off and checked the motors and how they were seated - tightened motor screws, nothing out of the norm there. Tried 3 other sets of props but the wobble is still there..
Could it be that ALL my 3 sets are out of balance? or has anyone else had this issue?

I've uploaded some videos which might help explain this better :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Would love to find a solution for this so I can get back up in the air - missing flying already! :p

Cheers,
Brad Cooper

:DHave you done the compass, and IMU procedures? You didn't land that thing in a pot field did you? LOL

Hey guys,

Yeh I've only just recently did a IMU calibration and Gimbal cal as I had horizon tilt - my compass was calibrated also.
All my props are from OEM DJI and I've only ever hand caught it when landing. It lives in a travel case too!

My Advanced did this ( higher frequency and not as bad ) from new I changed to the other set of props which halved the problem but it's still there .
I was thinking of buying a balancer .
You would think if anything is going to cause motor mount cracking this would be high on the list .
Have you checked for hair line cracks around the motor bolts?

Looks like the props need some balancing. I got the Du Bro balancer and it works great but you have to buy the rod for P3 separately. Not all the props you get are balanced specially the clones. I ordered a set of clones 'cause it's a lot cheaper but I ended up balancing all four. Did a lot of sanding. Not worth it.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

SmItLeR, try setting all of the gains to 80%.

DJI-GO-Gain-Settings.png

Reactions: BoydBros and sinxa
Hi Msinger, cheers for the info - I'll give this a crack tomorrow morning and revert back with my findings. I've also acquired more props to try out in a hope that I've just been very unlucky.
I'm also going to go back through and do a complete top to bottom recal of everything - can't hurt !

also calibrate your controller when bird is off.
when you don't fly for so long the potentiometers inside the controller can "mis-read" and send wrong data to the bird, because what i see from your videos is that bird is getting
really fast input from the controller as if you were moving alerion stick left and right really quick.
give it a shot.

Mines done this after a software upgrade. The next upgrade seemed to sort it out. Seems weird that software can contribute to it. I don't know much about the racing drones but I know they guys tune what is called pid's to get nice smooth flight. We can't do that with dji stuff but I am sure dji does when releasing firmware. Just a guess.

So I've managed to fix my gimbal vibration issue.
I spent the time today to create a level platform, calibrated the IMU, Gimabl, Compass and Transmitter - put on the same set of props that I used when the vibration was happening, and this was the result:

Then I took off the props and started some work with the drone. The first thing I needed to do was to complete a walkthrough of my property, this is when I noticed that the vibration would come back sponteneously, at random points :

I walked around the house after that trying to invoke thi vibration, but I couldn't do it. so weird!

I'm leading to believe it is a software issue, it's not a prop, motor issue.

Cheers for reading! :)

Reactions: sinxa

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic