My First P4P video! Comments appreciated

Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I got the video made! It's not the best. Comments are very welcome, please don't tear me up!

I'm not good enough at editing color and couldn't figure out how to make "profiles" to apply to clips, so instead of doing each one manually I left them all untouched.

[EDIT] I used YouTube's simple editor to turn up the saturation a little (+2).

1080p came out ok, though I'd rather have done it in higher resolution. I had problems getting smooth 4K renders out of DaVinci though- anyone have some good settings they're recommend?

(If this is the wrong forum for video posting, please report it as so and let me know and I'll post in the right place next time. The photography forum seems a little empty though so I came here).

Last edited:
Very good. Crystal clear. Great scenes. (If you fly in the same area with those birds again, you may be buying a new P4) Learn transitions, fades. You are on the verge of Phantom filming Discovery channel style. Great job. (The girlfriend/wife won't appreciate close-up sweeps without warning)....

Reactions: wmclements2003
Very good. Crystal clear. Great scenes. (If you fly in the same area with those birds again, you may be buying a new P4) Learn transitions, fades. You are on the verge of Phantom filming Discovery channel style. Great job. (The girlfriend/wife won't appreciate close-up sweeps without warning)....

Wife- and yeah I only do it when she's paying attention haha

I know! Those freaking birds... I nearly shat myself. This was it's second ever flight. I only saw them at the first close fly-by. I don't think they would hit it on their own unless they were pissed, but it can move fast and I could hit them. It would be the end of it for sure...

One thing I learned from this flight was to treat everything as cinematic- be slow on the sticks and give things more time shooting than you think you need.

Thanks for the helpful tips!

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
Those birds were giving you warning. If one hit, "the end" would be more than a text in a clip. Yes, SLOW movements like you are in slow motion wins the award. (You can always speed up the footage). Multiple batteries give you more reach. But slow, smooth motion/pans through the shots are the best.

Those birds were giving you warning.

I thought so too. I estimated about 70% pissed off. They're turkey buzzards, I'm not sure if they would/could attack something in the air. I've seen about 8 million of them but I've never seen them attack something in their airspace, however I don't want to test that theory with my craft. I'm happy I got the shot, but I think I'll view from a distance or give them longer to move away next time :p

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
Nice video I know where that is been there a thousand times. Good work stay away from those birds and the water monster.
Thanks! And yeah. I want to put some floats on it just in case I dip too low. But I love water, I know I'll be shooting more of it. I thought about Kanawha falls, but if it took a swim there I wouldn't be able to recover it. At least a place like this I could.

Thanks! And yeah. I want to put some floats on it just in case I dip too low. But I love water, I know I'll be shooting more of it. I thought about Kanawha falls, but if it took a swim there I wouldn't be able to recover it. At least a place like this I could.
We where just at Summersville Lake earlier this summer wished I had the bird then☹️

I got the video made! It's not the best. Comments are very welcome, please don't tear me up!

I'm not good enough at editing color and couldn't figure out how to make "profiles" to apply to clips, so instead of doing each one manually I left them all untouched.

[EDIT] I used YouTube's simple editor to turn up the saturation a little (+2).

1080p came out ok, though I'd rather have done it in higher resolution. I had problems getting smooth 4K renders out of DaVinci though- anyone have some good settings they're recommend?

(If this is the wrong forum for video posting, please report it as so and let me know and I'll post in the right place next time. The photography forum seems a little empty though so I came here).
Way better than my first video and edit...and I mean it..thumbs up...you will only get better!

Reactions: awinn17
We where just at Summersville Lake earlier this summer wished I had the bird then☹️

Darryl I think most of the lake is within 5 miles of an airport :( I had the same idea. Might have been Sutton. Maybe both. I think Stonewall was clear though. I want some floaties before something like that though :p

Darryl I think most of the lake is within 5 miles of an airport :( I had the same idea. Might have been Sutton. Maybe both. I think Stonewall was clear though. I want some floaties before something like that though :p
Aww don't be scared get you some Insurance and go for it I didn't like flying around water but I got some Insurance now I will go anywhere. We where trying to get to Stonewall this year but ran out of vacation time.

Aww don't be scared get you some Insurance and go for it I didn't like flying around water but I got some Insurance now I will go anywhere. We where trying to get to Stonewall this year but ran out of vacation time.
I’m designing a water protection system right now..

I feel you. I've been out and about pretty much all summer doing family stuff, baby stuff, friend stuff, wedding stuff... hardly any time to ourselves.

I’m designing a water protection system right now..

I'm interested in the "wetsuit" company, but I'm not ready to fly my drone in those kinds of conditions yet. without insurance.

To any or all- what insurance do you recommend? I heard DJI care is pretty good but you have to have the drone to send in- meaning loss of drone is total loss ie fly-away or drowning?

Great video. If the opportunity presents itself, if you get a clear day after a rain storm the river should have a lot more whitewater and be moving a lot faster

I feel you. I've been out and about pretty much all summer doing family stuff, baby stuff, friend stuff, wedding stuff... hardly any time to ourselves.

I'm interested in the "wetsuit" company, but I'm not ready to fly my drone in those kinds of conditions yet. without insurance.

To any or all- what insurance do you recommend? I heard DJI care is pretty good but you have to have the drone to send in- meaning loss of drone is total loss ie fly-away or drowning?
I just got State Farm Insurance it's a personal protection policy 41.00 a year covers everything crashes, drowning, stolen, no deductible a lot of people have it. It's better than DJI ( no offense to DJI ) but I want my bird covered and I like it enough I want it replaced.

Reactions: Ixlr8
What music did you use ?
I made sure to include it below in my description. It's called Embracing Solitude by JCB (Blackmill Remix). They even had a convenient free download link. Can't beat that. Link-

I just got State Farm Insurance it's a personal protection policy 41.00 a year covers everything crashes, drowning, stolen, no deductible a lot of people have it. It's better than DJI ( no offense to DJI ) but I want my bird covered and I like it enough I want it replaced.

I just got coverage for $30! Covers drone, remote, battery. I can add batteries to it (probably additional few bucks each). TOTALLY worth it. The only relevant thing they don't cover is liability (obviously) and mechanical wear and tear. My thoughts on that is... it's not going to suddenly fall to pieces from wear and tear. It will probably crash instead. Ok. File a claim.

I just got coverage for $30! Covers drone, remote, battery. I can add batteries to it (probably additional few bucks each). TOTALLY worth it. The only relevant thing they don't cover is liability (obviously) and mechanical wear and tear. My thoughts on that is... it's not going to suddenly fall to pieces from wear and tear. It will probably crash instead. Ok. File a claim.
Did you get it through State Farm

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.