Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

DaVinci Resolve 14 Issue With Video

Discussion in 'Video/Photo Editing' started by EhmayWuntee, Mar 18, 2018.

1. EhmayWuntee

I am 100% brand new to video editing and was going to give DaVinci Resolve 14 a try for color grading/correcting my P4P footage. I am pretty sure this is user error and need to know what setting I need to change or something is not compatible.

I can locate my video files inside DVR14, but they all say Media Offline with a red background, I cannot view the footage at all to even begin to mess with editing. I think it also mentioned a framerate or something was different then my settings (default project settings maybe?) and I accepted the chance to have them change. This didn't help with anything.

Maybe I cannot use DVR14 with the video settings i record at? It seems odd though since I'd assume they are pretty standard. If I need to try a different program I can do that or suggest other settings to record at if its a minor tweak.

Current P4P settings off the top of my head:
    • 4k @ 60fps (wanted best raw footage than can be downsampled if needed and take advantage of my 4k TV for playback)
    • MP4 format (I recall reading that MP4 is more for windows and MOV is more for Apple, I have Win7)
    • I forget the name of the mode/setting, but most footage is default, but I also tried a video in D-Log and D-Cinelike to see if I see any difference.
    If I forgot any other important settings to help with troubleshooting let me know what you need!

Please assist me with getting my footage viewable in DVR14 so that I can then play around and start watching Youtube or something for tutorials.

2. BigL

Go to the Media page and make sure the media clips are dragged into the Master Folder. Select all of your media clips. Right click and select Relink Selected Clips. Navigate to the folder where your original clips are and click ok. You should be good to go. If you still have issues, lmk and I will provide a link to a tutorial. (Goat's Eye View)

3. BigL

BigAl07 likes this.
  4. 2nd2non

I can confirm 4k60 works fine in Resolve 14 using mp4 container on W10. Should work the same on W7. Make sure you have the latest version of resolve.

Also once you get the basics down in Resolve and are ready for some transitions and visual efx, check out my channel. Happy to help a fellow P4P pilot

DaVinci Resolve VFX / Transition Tutorials - YouTube