My biggest fear... has happened! HELP!!!

Reaction score
So today I was going to go for a flight and I noticed stress cracks under one motor.
151b52a213a8e61df7afaf85d200752d.jpg
e553c4c25d3238eaf741334e52987a1a.jpg

I really don't want to spend a ton of money on repairs. Anyone know how much it would cost and how long for a return? I've heard of people using super glue and baking soda, it hardens like a rock. Should I try this? Anyone have any advice? Is it safe to fly? I wouldn't think so because it would get worse.

Please help!!!!!

DJI repaired mine & returned mine.. 15 business days, 22 total...
covered under warranty, No charge..... Start at DJI chat..

You can replace the shell yourself, or you could attempt repair with glues, your call.

Glue will be more easy and cheaper.
True, if you remove the screws and separate the shells, even slightly, you could not get the glue on the other half. Plus I would bet, the crack would close.
Makes one wonder about over tightened screws,

Check Tower Hobby.. They've got some great CA glues combined with a Zip kicker results in a very tough repair... We use to use a two part "Hobby Poxy" a black can & orange can, but I don't see it anywhere.. Bulletproof.. Used it for servos on our nitro hydro's.

I heard that in the factory they over tighten them, and some people recommend loosening them just a bit.
Its nothing to do with that. Loosening them may cause the screw to fall out.
There is a batch with shoddy plastic. I got DJI to send me a 'revised' replacement lower shell. Replaced it myself. Takes about 90 minutes or if you know what you are doing.
There is actually 4 different lower shell versions floating about. The last known good version is the one with the enlarged side vents.

Dont worry about DJI care. Though i had mine done through warranty, you could try to arm wrestle them for a replacement. Tell them that you know about the shoddy batch of shells and that it would be bad press if this fell on an unsuspecting child due to a manufacturers fault. etc.

Hey Mako79.... Are there, or what are the ways to tell what lower they used on my returned repair?
I can see everyone jumping up to go check their bird for hairline cracks..
That's how I noted mine..

Its nothing to do with that. Loosening them may cause the screw to fall out.
There is a batch with shoddy plastic. I got DJI to send me a 'revised' replacement lower shell. Replaced it myself. Takes about 90 minutes or if you know what you are doing.
There is actually 4 different lower shell versions floating about. The last known good version is the one with the enlarged side vents.

Dont worry about DJI care. Though i had mine done through warranty, you could try to arm wrestle them for a replacement. Tell them that you know about the shoddy batch of shells and that it would be bad press if this fell on an unsuspecting child due to a manufacturers fault. etc.

So how much would it cost for a replacement? So when I contact them tomorrow I should request a replacement? Is that a replacement of the whole unit or just the shell? And I tell them I want a good version? Sorry for all the questions, I just don't want to mess up or anything if you know what I mean.

You can start by going to DJI Website "chat" my wait was immediate. Tell them you've hairline cracks & wish to have it inspected & or repaired that your's must be the "bad plastic shells" .. Be very polite & professional.. You'd be happy with a repaired shell correct?

Are you still under warranty?

Well... They may cover it still.. no way to know till ya contact em.

The whole bird replaced?

Your call, I'd wait.. just play the my shell has hairline cracks..
I had to send mine in.. they sent the UPS tag. I removed my filter, SD card, no RC, battery.
just the bird.

I chatted, got the tag, & shipped it the very next day

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl