Stress cracks

I find using the prop guard attachments useful as a reinforcement not the prop guard but what it attaches to... they are plastic pieces that are usually where your cracks are.

I've had cracks round the motor mounts on my elderly P3P for around 4 years, but they don't appear to have got any worse UNTIL a recent close inspection with flexing the rotor arms by hand revealed this crack beside the shell screws. This is an alarming development, and will need to be repaired.
"This is an alarming development" after 4 years of use? Seriously? I'm really surprised they lasted 4 years! Now that is truly shocking! Good luck with the repair.

• Haha
Reactions: JoBe
Yeah that side looks pretty rough. If it was only the middle is say roll with it but. Sounds like you got it handled. Your right YouTube is your friend. Lol

"This is an alarming development" after 4 years of use? Seriously? I'm really surprised they lasted 4 years! Now that is truly shocking! Good luck with the repair.
Yes, it was laid up for two years until recently, so maybe it's material embrittlement, anyway it's all fixed now, it was one heck of a lot easier than replacing the bottom shell, (I have one on order though). What I find really alarming is that motor strengthening plates won't work to fix these cracks, (I'm sure the cracks inboard of the shell screws on my P3 are not unique, as both rear arms had them) so a false sense of security may be created by fitting strengthening plates.

What does the baking soda do? Act as a filler?
Sorry this is old but after reading this I see no one answered
you. It makes it set up real fast.Try it sometime you will see.
Is an old trick.

Reactions: Vzr1
Sorry this is old but after reading this I see no one answered
you. It makes it set up real fast.Try it sometime you will see.
Is an old trick.

Pretty much the same stuff we use to fix cracks in headlight tabs etc.

Once you drop the glue on the powder it’s instant rockhard

7fc270734310b54d0c8bd7a55ab93612.jpg

Same effect. Seen folks fix chips in carbon blades with it,
Do some then file down and repeat. Then balance of off they go.

You need to use
Plast-aid Multipurpose Repair Plastic - 6oz Kit Pool and Spa Repair
You put it on the inside of the arms and will never have trouble again. It kind of melts intself into the plastic.

You can get it on Amazon:

I put this on in 2017 and never any more problems.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4