Motor Kill function didn't work at landing...

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
Twice tonight I tried to land and the typical "down and out" on the joysticks didn't kill the engine like it always has. What am I doing wrong?

It's a P3A.

DZ

What exactly is the "down and out"?

FYI, after landing, you should hold the left stick down for 3-5 seconds until the motors shut off.

msinger is exactly right, the down and in or out was for the old P1's. Now you just hold throttle all the way down until the motors shut off.

I'm quite sure that "down and out" or CSC works on my model. I've landed it 100 times that way.

Reactions: InkyRisk
There's that "down and out" again ;)

If CSC is not working, I'd imagine you have a controller calibration issue.

But yeah - as your fellow members above are trying to explain to you, CSC is not the best way to land.

When I first started flying the P3 I tried killing the motors using CSC and it didn't want to do it and almost toppled the drone. From then on I just use the full down throttle only to kill the motors. I still use CSC to start though, If I'm not doing auto-takeoff. Full down is just the safest way to go. Here's a test someone did on youtube:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Just don't understand what has changed since my last several flights. Calibration looks good on my display.

And for clarity, "down and out" refers to the CSC command where you point both joysticks down....(wait for it)...and out. I've seen that language used before and it made sense to me so that's what stuck.

Just don't understand what has changed since my last several flights. Calibration looks good on my display.

And for clarity, "down and out" refers to the CSC command where you point both joysticks down....(wait for it)...and out. I've seen that language used before and it made sense to me so that's what stuck.
Totally strange. I haven't tried the CSC lately to kill the motors, have you updated the firmware lately?

Don't see how it can work to start the motors but no stop them.

Something else at play here???

Thanks for explaining. That's the first time I've ever seen anyone write "CSC" as "down and out". I guess you learn something new everyday though.

Are you able to repeat the failed CSC? Did you try calibrating your RC?

I was having trouble getting my p3a to start using csc. Recalibrate the controller. BINGO!!! Works fine now.

Don't use CSC to stop the motors. My P3P flipped at least three times when using CSC after landing. One time is was completely upside down and trying to right itself. Just hold the throttle all the way down and the motors will stop.

You are highly likely to turn it over using CSC to stop it. Use throttle full down for a couple seconds.

So to summarize:

Down and out = CSC

If CSC is not stopping the motors - recalibrate the controller.

Don't use CSC to stop the motors, you might flip it.

/thread

Just tried my P3A. CSC works as well as throttle down. No problems.

Hi, my motors dont die together thus flipping or moving like a lawnmower..any help?

Auret, after landing, hold the left stick down until the motors stop. If you do a CSC instead, the Phantom will sometimes tip.

I have same problem.. I never use csc but.... regardless of now, it doesn't work after update. It's the principle of having that option not working is my complaint

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic