Most absolutely stable tablet to use with DJI Phantom 4 Pro?

Thanks Iannes, I have recently noticed "increased" stability. I am up to the latest update of Go (think it is 4.19 now) and yes my Shield has since had a few updates too. I did get one disconnect last Sunday while I was shooting video and Photos, but I have also since upgraded my antennas to to use FPVLR circular polarised antennas for better, stronger signal and resistance to interference. One disconnect I can live with, so we'll see how it goes.

Thanks Iannes, I have recently noticed "increased" stability. I am up to the latest update of Go (think it is 4.19 now) and yes my Shield has since had a few updates too. I did get one disconnect last Sunday while I was shooting video and Photos, but I have also since upgraded my antennas to to use FPVLR circular polarised antennas for better, stronger signal and resistance to interference. One disconnect I can live with, so we'll see how it goes.

I think that is absolutely the right way to go about it, looking at antenna signal strength, i myself have changed to the 4hawks SR antenna, which I am waiting to add the battery powered amplifier kit when it's available. I'm a bit paranoid about the fly away, but we should NOT have to add expensive antennas systems to an already very expensive AC, DJI should be doing this to safeguard the AC

I think that is absolutely the right way to go about it, looking at antenna signal strength, i myself have changed to the 4hawks SR antenna, which I am waiting to add the battery powered amplifier kit when it's available. I'm a bit paranoid about the fly away, but we should NOT have to add expensive antennas systems to an already very expensive AC, DJI should be doing this to safeguard the AC
Agreed . .. I have the unboosted P4 Pro set up and am waiting for the amplifiers/ battery pack and upgraded (military grade) coaxial connectors. But I have also noticed that when I set up the IMU and check for updates pre flight at home, my transmitter is no longer flicking over into 5.8Ghz at start up, which was occurring because of all the Wifi interference in the house (from the broadband router, computers, smart tv, etc.). So, I do find the antenna system better, but then it is circular polarised, which is far better than vertically polarised antennas anyway (better for fixed position systems)

Agreed . .. I have the unboosted P4 Pro set up and am waiting for the amplifiers/ battery pack and upgraded (military grade) coaxial connectors. But I have also noticed that when I set up the IMU and check for updates pre flight at home, my transmitter is no longer flicking over into 5.8Ghz at start up, which was occurring because of all the Wifi interference in the house (from the broadband router, computers, smart tv, etc.). So, I do find the antenna system better, but then it is circular polarised, which is far better than vertically polarised antennas anyway (better for fixed position systems)
There's only two aftermarket directional antennas that I'm aware of that supports 2.4Ghz and 5.8Ghz, and that's the new Itelite DBS antenna, available at MaxUAS.com, and a simply Windsurfer. Can you share with us a photo of your antenna setup? I wasn't aware FPVLR had a new setup that's 5.8Ghz compatible.

I have seen a film of the a P4P, flying 10+ miles out and the 10 miles back, stock antenna P4P. Others, 5 miles + out then back. But, maybe penetration of forest canopy, that could help.
But, with th at and a 9.7" tablet, that would be awkward to me.
Hope it works well for you. :)

There's only two aftermarket directional antennas that I'm aware of that supports 2.4Ghz and 5.8Ghz, and that's the new Itelite DBS antenna, available at MaxUAS.com, and a simply Windsurfer. Can you share with us a photo of your antenna setup? I wasn't aware FPVLR had a new setup that's 5.8Ghz compatible.

Hi John. The FPVLR set ups support the DJI Ocusync and Lightbridge 2 dual frequency transmission systems, but only the unboosted kits. The reason for that is because the boost amplifiers are set up with time division multiplexing for a single frequency only. So, I have boosted my 2.4Ghz frequency, and if I need to fall back on 5.8Ghz I just detach the amps and route through the antenna array only. The antennas support both frequencies.

See attached...

Attachments

• DSC_0448.JPG
    5.9 MB · Views: 260
  • DSC_0449.JPG
    6 MB · Views: 306
  • DSC_0450.JPG
    5.8 MB · Views: 283
I have 6 flights now with the Ipad. I am mostly happy with it, but it does something odd and hopefully someone here will have some suggestions. I have 2 batteries, and the flight with the first battery is smooth as silk, no video glitches at all. When I go up for my second flight the video gets glitchy. I did a screen recording yesterday (which may have intensified the issue as it was the worst it's been)) to show what I am experiencing. You also notice in the video that I'm flying sideways to the right, and when I try to yaw slightly to the right to stay parallel with the train tracks it kept going left. Any Ideas on that??

I have 6 flights now with the Ipad. I am mostly happy with it, but it does something odd and hopefully someone here will have some suggestions. I have 2 batteries, and the flight with the first battery is smooth as silk, no video glitches at all. When I go up for my second flight the video gets glitchy. I did a screen recording yesterday (which may have intensified the issue as it was the worst it's been)) to show what I am experiencing. You also notice in the video that I'm flying sideways to the right, and when I try to yaw slightly to the right to stay parallel with the train tracks it kept going left. Any Ideas on that??

Check your camera to see if it's crooked. That may explain your problem with camera angle, common with P4P.

Switch your RC to 5.8Ghz AUTO. That may help with your video reception range.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4