More channels hack

I'm using an iPad Air 2 and I extracted the file and added it accordingly to the iPad using iTunes. The iPad was connected to the controller and the controller to the bird. Still no option to switch channels in custom settings.

I'm using an iPad Air 2 and I extracted the file and added it accordingly to the iPad using iTunes. The iPad was connected to the controller and the controller to the bird. Still no option to switch channels in custom settings.

(For Android users, go to this post for the file and instructions)

For P3P and P3A owners using Apple, follow the steps below carefully with a PC or with a Mac. Please read this entire post before deciding if you want to proceed with the install.

1. Download the zip file attached below in this post.
2. Unzip the zip file (don't skip this step!)
3. Set the extract (unzip) location to show hidden files if it's not already.
[NOTE: Several Mac users have found showing hidden flies to be a stumbling block. If you use a Mac and are having issues showing hidden files, try this or this or this]
4. Make sure you can see the single, now unzipped file named .DJI.configs (with the leading ".")
5. Open iTunes, use latest version
6. Connect your iPad / iPhone (unlock the screen)
7. Close GO app if it's running
8. Once you can see your iPad / iPhone in iTunes, click on it.
9. Then click on Apps
10. Then scroll all the way down to the bottom in the File Sharing section
11. Select DJI GO
12. Click on Add File...
13. Browse to the location of the unhidden single and unzipped file from earlier, .DJI.configs (with the leading ".")
14. Click on the file and select it. (If you are prompted about replacing the existing file, click Replace. You may not get this prompt.) Don't worry if you don't see the file appear in the File Sharing list.

That should be it. You should now simply be able to unplug from iTunes, launch the GO app, and see the channels if you scroll left and right on the channel screen. I didn't need to connect it to my phantom to see the channels on any of the many times I have done this.

If it didnt work, check in iTunes File Sharing, DJI GO Documents. If you see a file with an .rar or .zip extension, it means that you didn't follow the directions. Start over and be sure to unzip the downloaded file as noted.

If when you try to add the file you get a dialog box saying, "could not be copied because you do not have permission," it means that you did not follow the directions. Start over and be sure to unlock your iPad / iPhone as noted.

If the file is unzipped but you see only an empty folder, be sure to show hidden files as noted above.

This "hack" is very easy to install if you have a good understanding of your computer and your mobile device. If you don't, may I respectfully suggest that you let someone locally with more knowledge help you. It will be much faster. Cheers!

Notes:
>
Not every country allows custom settings. If you are in a region that does not allow custom settings, Apple device owners often set their region to US.
>
Custom selecting of channels is for the video downlink only. That's true for both the stock channels as well as the added channels.
> When in custom mode, you need to be connected to your phantom to select the channels.
> The auto setting does NOT use the added channels, only the stock channels.
> This does not add extra power, it just allows potentially quieter frequencies to be used for the video downlink.
> Every question you have has been asked and answered dozens of times in this and other forums. Please search first, then ask us if you can't find the answer.

The channels added above and below the stock channels may fall into a reserved range of frequencies in your country. Use the extra channels at your own risk.

Attachments

• 32 Channel Configs File.zip
    202 bytes · Views: 3,012
Last edited:
So you're using iTunes with an Air 2. From what I recall, you are in the Midwest US, so you should have no issues with being in a restricted country.

Did you do this:

Download the zipped file from the link in post #1
Extract the downloaded file
Have the target location set to show hidden files
You can see the single file named .DJI.configs (with the leading ".")
Open iTunes, use latest version
Connent your iPad (unlock the screen)
Close GO app if it's running
Once you can see your iPad in iTunes, click on it
Then click on Apps
Then scroll all the way down to the bottom in the File Sharing section
Select DJI GO
Click on Add File...
Browse to the location of the unhidden single file from earlier, .DJI.configs
Click on the file and select it.
If you are prompted about replacing the existing file, click Replace. You may not get this prompt

That should be it. You should now simply be able to unplug from iTunes, launch the GO app, and see the channels if you scroll left and right on the channel screen. I didn't need to connect it to my phantom to see the channels on any of the three times I have done this. You do of course need to be connected to your phantom to select the channels.

Good luck sir.

I appreciate your help. I'm pretty sure I followed the directions to the letter. Pretty easy instructions . I've taken a screen shot of the dji directory within my iPad. I see the file there yet still no channels

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1445304253.004716.jpg

I appreciate your help. I'm pretty sure I followed the directions to the letter. Pretty easy instructions . I've taken a screen shot of the dji directory within my iPad. I see the file there yet still no channels

View attachment 33841
its a rar file has to be unzipped

View attachment 33841
You didn't unzip the file. You need to extract, and then add the single file with the leading "."

You didn't unzip the file. You need to extract, and then add the single file with the leading "."

Feeling pretty stupid guys. Sorry and thanks for your help. I can see the channels now. Will have to test it tomorrow. I was surprised to see activity on channel 32 in my area.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1445305612.411115.jpg

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1445305623.307980.jpg

Feeling pretty stupid guys. Sorry and thanks for your help. I can see the channels now. Will have to test it tomorrow. I was surprised to see activity on channel 32 in my area.

View attachment 33844
View attachment 33845
Happy to help sir.

I'm also surprised to see activity on 32. Everything from around 28 and higher has always been flatlined in my area, so when I see your picture showing activity it looks odd to me.

Just did the hack today, I did have to set my Mac to show hidden files until I was done otherwise you can't see it to copy it over. All went well, we have had three days of heavy winds 15 to 20 so I'll wait to test the hack.

There is a new app update available for IOS.....Does anyone know if it will affect the channel hack?

Somebody mentioned about having to set your location as US, I've done that in my profile but I still don't get the option for manual selection, am I changing the wrong location setting?

***EDIT***

Found it in another thread

If you are in the EU UK and use an iOS device and find the manual Channel select option greyed
out , go to you iPads own settings and change the location setting to US , you will now
have all your manual settings back for transmission rate etc.
It does work I am in the UK and had to do this to get the settings back. :)

Last edited:
I just discovered if you leave the app running and turn the controller off then back on the transmission quality slider will go up to 10Mbps

Reactions: Todd Schwartz

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31