Phantom 4 Pro V2 with Epson BT35E

tcg

Reaction score
Hello Drone Friends!

I've been away from the forums for a while, I searched for this topic and didn't see anything new but please excuse the duplicate if there is one already!

I posted a couple of years ago a bunch of stuff about the different Epson Glasses/Goggles. Hope that was helpful to someone!

This weekend I discovered something new -
I have the Phantom 4 Pro V2 (with the built in screen)
I have the Epson BT35E glasses

I have discovered you can power the Epson BT35E unit directly from the USB port on the Phantom controller. I used to carry a small cell phone batter extender and use that, but just tried plugging the Epson model directly to the USB port on the controller and it worked great. It did not seem to take much power, I've never gone thru a full charge on the controller with just 3 batteries and I used 2 batteries on my flight this weekend and the controller still reads over 50% charge.

What this means is I have lots less cables and junk to deal with.

The Epson glasses plug into a small module about the size of an old flip-phone. This module has a belt clip so that works great! Now I plug in a standard HDMI cable from the module to the DJI controller. Finally, a standard USB cable from the controller (USB-A) to the module (USB-mini).

I can send pictures if anyone is interested.

Have fun and fly safe!

(PS - I don't work for Epson or DJI and get no compensation from either of them)

Tom

Hello Drone Friends!

I've been away from the forums for a while, I searched for this topic and didn't see anything new but please excuse the duplicate if there is one already!

I posted a couple of years ago a bunch of stuff about the different Epson Glasses/Goggles. Hope that was helpful to someone!

This weekend I discovered something new -
I have the Phantom 4 Pro V2 (with the built in screen)
I have the Epson BT35E glasses

I have discovered you can power the Epson BT35E unit directly from the USB port on the Phantom controller. I used to carry a small cell phone batter extender and use that, but just tried plugging the Epson model directly to the USB port on the controller and it worked great. It did not seem to take much power, I've never gone thru a full charge on the controller with just 3 batteries and I used 2 batteries on my flight this weekend and the controller still reads over 50% charge.

What this means is I have lots less cables and junk to deal with.

The Epson glasses plug into a small module about the size of an old flip-phone. This module has a belt clip so that works great! Now I plug in a standard HDMI cable from the module to the DJI controller. Finally, a standard USB cable from the controller (USB-A) to the module (USB-mini).

I can send pictures if anyone is interested.

Have fun and fly safe!

(PS - I don't work for Epson or DJI and get no compensation from either of them)

Tom
I recently got my Moverio BT-30E/35E and connected it to my Phantom 4 Pro +(built in screen; V1) with a high resolution HDMI cable (1.8K@60Hz, 2.4K @120Hz,3.10K @60Hz). I find the P4P+ controller ( GL300E) does not mirror the output from the HDMI port to the BT-30E/ 35E glasses. The telemetry and other details are missing in the Movario glasses. I later connected the controller to an external HDMI monitor and notice the same problem. See picture attached. I also find the HDMI output also do no show the DJI GO4 welcome screen and connects direct to the camera output without the telemetry. Any settings to be done on the RC/ Movario?

I shall check if the BT 30E can be powered from the USB port of the RC. Thanks for the information.

Attachments

• IMG_20211018_185956.jpg
    IMG_20211018_185956.jpg
    876.1 KB · Views: 116
I think there is a setting somewhere in the DJI software - my BT35E with HDMI connection shows an exact duplicate (including telemetry) of the screen, but I think I remember the first time I used it I had to change setting. I'll check it out on my setup soon (I'm away from my drone for a few days)

Reactions: OzoneTech
I think there is a setting somewhere in the DJI software - my BT35E with HDMI connection shows an exact duplicate (including telemetry) of the screen, but I think I remember the first time I used it I had to change setting. I'll check it out on my setup soon (I'm away from my drone for a few days)
Yes. you can enable the OSD on HDMI Output.

Attachments

• OSD.png
    OSD.png
    80 KB · Views: 116
I have the same set up I only use my glasses two times once on my phantom for pro and once on the Mavic two pro I noticed that the Mavic two pro is a little smoother looking through the glasses but honestly myself I’m not impressed, i’d rather just look at the screen then through the glasses so if you know anyone that wants a brand new set of the BT 35 epson glasses with the case I’m looking to sell I paid $1000 I bought them from B&s , now they’re going for 800 brand new so I’m willing to sell for less if anybody’s interested just leave a post in here and I’ll keep my eye out and good luck with whatever is going on with yours I don’t remember having to set anything in the settings I would suggest keep playing around with it and you’ll figure it out

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen