More channels hack

The latest firmware for the R/C for the advanced they have increased the transmission rate to 10Mbs same as the pro.

Last edited:
Reactions: philmarker
I once accidentally had the slider on 10mbps and was shocked to see such reduced range. Back then with no windsurfer I got about 10k' on 10mpbs and when I finally realized and set it back to 4mbps like usual, was back to 16-17k'. It makes a difference in my experience.

I don't understand why anyone would want more transmission rate and (thus) less range with this slider. I always leave it on minimum, that way I can fly my bird far out. You almost cannot see the difference between 3 or 10 Mbps on a tablet or smartphone screen anyway. There is glare, and you are too busy flying the bird, and moreover when you choose high tranmission rate the dreaded No Signal comes up earlier. The video recorded on the SD has much better quality anyway.

Maybe that is why I don't get the range I expect, I have mine at 10. I'll slide it back down and see the effect.

My slider is at 10mb when on the ground, but when in the air it is 6mb(1.26 miles). I always tried to set that to max, but will try to set it for less to see if i get better range.

I can't see much difference on a Nexus 9 between max and min settings so always run on minimum - 4mbps. Would like a lower setting for distance flights but had 5 bars at 21,000' one time with a windsurfer so it works well enough!

Does this only affect video? I got signal lost today and the phantom started return to home. Maybe just a coincidence that I got my first RTH after installing this file and choosing a new channel? :) I picked channel 25 since it was completely quiet. Just want to be sure that having these channels are good for me. Also got a windsurfer on the way.

Does this only affect video? I got signal lost today and the phantom started return to home. Maybe just a coincidence that I got my first RTH after installing this file and choosing a new channel? :) I picked channel 25 since it was completely quiet. Just want to be sure that having these channels are good for me. Also got a windsurfer on the way.
The channel hack has nothing to do with transmit frequencies at all.

Reactions: Arvidj
Sure it does. Look at the channels within the 2.4ghz range that it uses. They are exactly different frequencies.
Yes, and most certainly no.

THOSE channels are different. THOSE are video reception CHANNELS, not frequencies. And they have nothing to do with the transmitters 2.4ghz frequency hopping, encrypted frequencies.

So YES.. it adds channels... to the video receiver in the controller
And NO.. Those channels are not at all tied to the transmitters frequency base

Reactions: omarkatwe
Yes, and most certainly no.

THOSE channels are different. THOSE are video reception CHANNELS, not frequencies. And they have nothing to do with the transmitters 2.4ghz frequency hopping, encrypted frequencies.

So YES.. it adds channels... to the video receiver in the controller
And NO.. Those channels are not at all tied to the transmitters frequency base

Let me correct myself (a little) and see if I'm correct.

Channels are simply 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc... all they way up to 32 with this hack. Each of these "channels" _is_ a difference frequency. 2.412, 2.417, 2.422, etc.

But more to the point, yes the channel hack _does_ have to do with different frequency... as each channel _is_ a different frequency. Just as when we used to change the "channel" on a TV, we were actually allowing the TV to turn to a different frequency.

upload_2015-11-12_14-1-55.png

Let me correct myself (a little) and see if I'm correct.

Channels are simply 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc... all they way up to 32 with this hack. Each of these "channels" _is_ a difference frequency. 2.412, 2.417, 2.422, etc.

But more to the point, yes the channel hack _does_ have to do with different frequency... as each channel _is_ a different frequency. Just as when we used to change the "channel" on a TV, we were actually allowing the TV to turn to a different frequency.

View attachment 35678
Correct... but none of those channels, or frequencies, have anything to do with the transmitter communicating with the P3 for control. They are only related to the P3 communicating with the transmitter for video.

Reactions: Toddzilla and Oso

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel