More channels hack

I haven't even gotten my P3A yet, but you can bet I'll install this. My understanding is that it divides up the available spectrum and gives you more frequencies to choose from. You have 32 chances at finding one that's less congested in your location instead of only 8. Sure, it's all from the same range of frequencies, but this will give you 14 more choices within that range. Less congestion means less chance for interference, and that's a good thing. If interference is limiting your range, this will likely help.
That is not how it works.
The "hack" just expands the frequency range to reach outside the range that the FCC allows us to use.
So enabling this means you will use frequencies that may collide with other kind of transmissions than just WiFi communications.

Edit:
Check the table here: More channels hack

Last edited:
Reactions: N017RW and Oso
I haven't even gotten my P3A yet, but you can bet I'll install this. My understanding is that it divides up the available spectrum and gives you more frequencies to choose from. You have 32 chances at finding one that's less congested in your location instead of only 8. Sure, it's all from the same range of frequencies, but this will give you 14 more choices within that range. Less congestion means less chance for interference, and that's a good thing. If interference is limiting your range, this will likely help.

This thread is old and there are many more but lets be clear, this only affects video transmission and not control.

Reactions: Oso
That is not how it works.
The "hack" just expands the frequency range to reach outside the range that the FCC allows us to use.
So enabling this means you will use frequencies that may collide with other kind of transmissions than just WiFi communications.

Edit:
Check the table here: More channels hack
Not how I understood it at all. Oh well.

Keep in mind that using one of those 24 custom channels will disable the auto channel switching if it is collide while you fly. That's the disadvantage of this hack.

But it also only works in manual mode (from my understanding). Interference can change throughout a flight path.. The stock is 8, but is automatic. I could be wrong, but I think that's the way it works..

I just set it on channel 31 or 32. No interference whatsoever.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Does the 32 channel hack work with latest firmware.... if so can someone give me a link to how to do it..... I'm using android 6.0.1 aircraft and rc are on latest firmware.... thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G935T using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: JoBe
I have downloaded the file and showing the hidden file. The file name is DJI.configs
It doesn't have the leading ".". Is this why the channel hack isn't working and I can't change out of auto mode?

I have downloaded the file and showing the hidden file. The file name is DJI.configs
It doesn't have the leading ".". Is this why the channel hack isn't working and I can't change out of auto mode?

From Oso's post:
For Android users, follow the steps below:

1. Connect your Android device to your computer
2. Download the zipped file attached below in this post
3. Unzip the file so that you can see the now unzipped file named .DJI.configs (with the leading ".")
4. Copy the unzipped file (with the leading ".") to the root of \Android\data\dji.pilot\files

So yes, this is at least one reason why it's not working.

From Oso's post:
For Android users, follow the steps below:

1. Connect your Android device to your computer
2. Download the zipped file attached below in this post
3. Unzip the file so that you can see the now unzipped file named .DJI.configs (with the leading ".")
4. Copy the unzipped file (with the leading ".") to the root of \Android\data\dji.pilot\files

So yes, this is at least one reason why it's not working.
This is what coming up in the app file share

Attachments

• IMG_3119.JPG
    IMG_3119.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 533
I checked my new p4 channels and there are I think 7 now, why did dji reduce them and what benefit does it give having 32? No one seems to say....
Probably invalidates guarantee don't know, I do get a lot of camera roll when quad is nearby, you know the screen rolling down presumeably with a new channel....with 32 channels is this reduced?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Will this mod work on the Phantom 3 Standard?

(For Android users, go to this post for the file and instructions)

Apple users, follow the steps below carefully with a PC or with a Mac. Please read this entire post before deciding if you want to proceed with the install.

1. Download the zip file attached below in this post.
2. Unzip the zip file (don't skip this step!)
3. Set the extract (unzip) location to show hidden files if it's not already.
[NOTE: Several Mac users have found showing hidden flies to be a stumbling block. If you use a Mac and are having issues showing hidden files, try this or this or this]
4. Make sure you can see the single, now unzipped file named .DJI.configs (with the leading ".")
5. Open iTunes, use latest version
6. Connect your iPad / iPhone (unlock the screen)
7. Close GO app if it's running
8. Once you can see your iPad / iPhone in iTunes, click on it.
9. Then click on Apps
10. Then scroll all the way down to the bottom in the File Sharing section
11. Select DJI GO
12. Click on Add File...
13. Browse to the location of the unhidden single and unzipped file from earlier, .DJI.configs (with the leading ".")
14. Click on the file and select it. (If you are prompted about replacing the existing file, click Replace. You may not get this prompt.) Don't worry if you don't see the file appear in the File Sharing list.

That should be it. You should now simply be able to unplug from iTunes, launch the GO app, and see the channels if you scroll left and right on the channel screen. I didn't need to connect it to my phantom to see the channels on any of the many times I have done this.

If it didnt work, check in iTunes File Sharing, DJI GO Documents. If you see a file with an .rar or .zip extension, it means that you didn't follow the directions. Start over and be sure to unzip the downloaded file as noted.

If when you try to add the file you get a dialog box saying, "could not be copied because you do not have permission," it means that you did not follow the directions. Start over and be sure to unlock your iPad / iPhone as noted.

If the file is unzipped but you see only an empty folder, be sure to show hidden files as noted above.

This "hack" is very easy to install if you have a good understanding of your computer and your mobile device. If you don't, may I respectfully suggest that you let someone locally with more knowledge help you. It will be much faster. Cheers!

Notes:
>
Not every country allows custom settings. If you are in a region that does not allow custom settings, Apple device owners often set their region to US.
>
Custom selecting of channels is for the video downlink only. That's true for both the stock channels as well as the added channels.
> When in custom mode, you need to be connected to your phantom to select the channels.
> The auto setting does NOT use the added channels, only the stock channels.
> This does not add extra power, it just allows potentially quieter frequencies to be used for the video downlink.
> Every question you have has been asked and answered dozens of times in this and other forums. Please search first, then ask us if you can't find the answer.

The channels added above and below the stock channels may fall into a reserved range of frequencies in your country. Use the extra channels at your own risk.

Reactions: pe9999
Reactions: Oso

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4