More channels hack

let me reiterate, Blade Strike, DJI rep on RCGroup, also uses this.. please see prior messages

This works perfectly. Just hit custom to see all the channels. My range is back too! Woohoo!

Well I have an Extra class license but honestly I am not sure how I could do it legally with no way to identify my station.

I have never done the RC/Amateur radio thing so not sure what is involved. I vaguely remember something from my theory test 25+ years ago about putting callsign on back of the TX. Dunno.

That said, I saw a recent post on another site where they took a 2.4ghz antenna and ran it on an analyzer. Of course the further you get from the resonant frequency of the antenna the more loss there is. I was honestly surprised how much loss in just the 8 channels.

So my concern is even if we are moving to quiet frequencies are we gaining enough by doing that to offset the loss by being non resonant.

Maybe this is a hack that is only good for those in really congested WiFi environments.

You could always just enable auto after the hack to have the radio choose between channels 13-20 just as it did before the hack

But your right, where there are many wireless routers and wifi pollution these quieter channels help a LOT

To be clear which file works ?
The one in the linked first post or the one by bbfp ?

Content of the file that flyNfrank provided as "his original" or "backup":
B7DXA9Z.png

Content of the file provided first from OP's original hack post:
6iW5xbE.png

There seem to be only one bit that differs, at address 0x207.

Ok, so I'm trying to figure out which option is better then.

1. Do the hack and use the upper channels manually, but only one at a time and nothing to auto-change the channel if new interference arises.
2. Stay on auto and let the P3 decide for itself what the quietest (of the lower 8) channel is and also (and this is the biggie to me) be able to change that channel on the fly if new interference happens during your flight.

Are you guys that are using the upper manual channels able to pretty much leave it on that channel all the time and not worry about much or any interference?

Is there an ASCII dump of the entire 1K file?

Can't get it to work with dji go, both files from op & flyingfrank don't work for me,

Can't get it to work with dji go, both files from op & flyingfrank don't work for me,

I just spent the last 4 1/2 hours off & on trying to get it to work on my setup. I finally figured out what my issue was.

So I can confirm it does work with DJI Pilot 1.2.0 app and 1.3.2 firmware using a android device. robin I see you already logged off or I would offer to help. Good luck with it!

Content of the file that flyNfrank provided as "his original" or "backup":
B7DXA9Z.png

Content of the file provided first from OP's original hack post:
6iW5xbE.png

There seem to be only one bit that differs, at address 0x207.

I forgot to mention the zip was a download from rcgroups.com. It was created for anyone who might want to revert back to the original file for whatever the reason.

Worked for me. Choose custom mode, a clear channel, lower bit-rate and fly.

My Samsung tablet CPU usage hovers at 38-40%, the FPV is fairly smooth. The 38-40% CPU usage is after downgrading Google Play Services, killing all unnecessary apps and in 'Airplane Mode'.

Can anybody provide a step by step on how to do this with a Mac and iTunes/iOS? I guess I'm dumb. I looked at the screenshots, but in iTunes, I've never seen a way to access the folders for the apps. When I used another OS app, it had no info there either for any of my apps. I know for Android it's pretty straight forward but in OS, Apple blocks a lot of access, which I can't get around.

Can anybody provide a step by step on how to do this with a Mac and iTunes/iOS? I guess I'm dumb. I looked at the screenshots, but in iTunes, I've never seen a way to access the folders for the apps. When I used another OS app, it had no info there either for any of my apps. I know for Android it's pretty straight forward but in OS, Apple blocks a lot of access, which I can't get around.

Connect your device.
Go to the apps tab.
Scroll down below the bit where it shows your apps arranged in the pages like they are on the pad.
You should see the dji app in a separate section.
Click on the app and on the right hand side near the bottom there is an 'add file' button.
Hit that button and search for the file.

Running 1.20 on Android, followed instructions but no dice. What I'm wondering is, is there supposed to be a folder named "files" at dji.pilot directory? I don't have one.

Someone posted this hack on RCGROUP:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=32346917&postcount=30331

I just tried it on DJI Pilot android v1.20 and it works- all 32 channels there now....

I'm sure DJI will close the loophole with the next DJI GO version...
Someone posted this hack on RCGROUP:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=32346917&postcount=30331

I just tried it on DJI Pilot android v1.20 and it works- all 32 channels there now....

I'm sure DJI will close the loophole with the next DJI GO version...

Attachments

• No folder.jpg
    No folder.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 458
  • No channels.jpg
    No channels.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 547

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members