More channels hack

Content of the file (HEX dump):
6iW5xbE.png

the file will be "empty" on a mac because by default, mac hides file with a leading "."

you need to turn on hidden files on finder...

Reactions: Romonaga
Works for me on iOS on newest DJI GO app. All 32 channels. Even when full connected, still says I'm on whatever channel I selected...in this case, 30.

So is this the 5.4GHz channels for video and telemetry feedback, FROM the copter TO the remote control?

And if you loose video feed, you should be able to manually select another channel and recover the video feed, right?

So is this the 5.4GHz channels for video and telemetry feedback, FROM the copter TO the remote control?

And if you loose video feed, you should be able to manually select another channel and recover the video feed, right?

There is no 5 ghz the control And video both ONLY use 2.4 ghz. The inspire 1 however for the two remote mode uses 5ghz only as a direct link from the master to slave remote. Video and control to the inspire is still 2.4ghz.

There is no 5 ghz the control And video both ONLY use 2.4 ghz. The inspire 1 however for the two remote mode uses 5ghz only as a direct link from the master to slave remote. Video and control to the inspire is still 2.4ghz.
Ok, a bit different than for the earlier Phantoms then:
http://www.droneflyers.com/2014/11/basics-radio-frequencies-fpv-quadcopter-drones/

Anyone got a link on info for the Phantom 3 frequencies?

From the DJI Wiki:

REMOTE CONTROLLER
Operating Frequency: 2.400 GHz-2.483 GHz

DJI VISION APP
Live View Working Frequency: 2.4GHz ISM

Last edited:
Excuse my ignorance, but what does "ive attached the configs file in RAR below so you need to unzip
enjoy"...mean?

Didn't DJI disable channels a while back on Inspire in the US because originally they were available but not FCC legal? Perhaps it's those channels that were always there.

Excuse my ignorance, but what does "ive attached the configs file in RAR below so you need to unzip
enjoy"...mean?
It means the files are compressed and you need to uncompress the rar to get at the config files. Same concept as the firmware.

Thank you...but when I right click on the file, there is no option to 'extract' and no 'Open With' selection for WinZip.
I am using Windows 7.

Thank you...but when I right click on the file, there is no option to 'extract' and no 'Open With' selection for WinZip.
I am using Windows 7.
you need to use winrar

I am using Windows 7.
Double click it. WinZip supports rar files. If it's not in the list of "open with" programs, search for WinZip manually.

Stupid question, these new frequencies or use of are loaded onto the iPad or in the app itself. If the app goes down do you just loose video signal or is the RC link also affected? I'm assuming these channels are just video.

Stupid question, these new frequencies or use of are loaded onto the iPad or in the app itself. If the app goes down do you just loose video signal or is the RC link also affected? I'm assuming these channels are just video.
Just video.

is it the contents of the extracted folder or the whole folder that needs to be put in the dji folder ?

is it the contents of the extracted folder or the whole folder that needs to be put in the dji folder ?
Based on the instructions, put the .DJI.configs file in the folder.

Now the question becomes will DJI somehow disable this hack in a future update? I guess if you never want additional features you can stay put but I'm sure one would want upcoming updates. Why in the world would DJI limit the video to 8 channels if 24 more are available? Maybe to limit urban out of sight flying?

the file will be "empty" on a mac because by default, mac hides file with a leading "."

you need to turn on hidden files on finder...

Answer my question. What firmware are you using with the android pilot app 1.2? Why are people stating to use a lower version of pilot app (i.e. 1.07) if v1.2 works, as you stated. I hope that this is not another bullcrap thread like the service file threads.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj