More channels hack

And one last question........I'm assuming that we must keep the iPad and app connected even if we want to fly with goggles? Or can you fly with goggles alone and still keep the 30 channels.

Ok this is BS, can someone explain how or why I'm not able to add this file to my iPad Air 2 on itunes? Have windows 10 and just synced all my apps to my laptop and there isn't a way to add this file as pictured. Any help would be appreciated

The channels were reduced to only 8 because of federal regulations requiring that. I believe the federal regulations were put in place to specifically limit the distance you can get flying with FPV goggles because the regs say you must always fly line of sight. Since you can't see your bird more than a mile away, they want to be sure you can't fly it using just the video feed. DJI took away the extra channels to comply with federal regulations, so no amount of complaining will make them give them back to you. I don't know that they will go out of their way to close a loophole in a hack that they did not create and are therefore not liable for. My guess is that goes in a category called, "Not my Problem" for DJI, but that is only my guess.

The channels were reduced to only 8 because of federal regulations requiring that. I believe the federal regulations were put in place to specifically limit the distance you can get flying with FPV goggles because the regs say you must always fly line of sight. Since you can't see your bird more than a mile away, they want to be sure you can't fly it using just the video feed. DJI took away the extra channels to comply with federal regulations, so no amount of complaining will make them give them back to you. I don't know that they will go out of their way to close a loophole in a hack that they did not create and are therefore not liable for. My guess is that goes in a category called, "Not my Problem" for DJI, but that is only my guess.
It believe it was the additional channel frequencies, not the distance you can fly. Additional channels != longer range.

Limiting those channels may eliminate certain frequencies that may work better for your particular situation. With more to choose from, you have more chances of finding a channel with less interference which will give you a stable connection further out. That is my understanding. It is a fact that the reduction in channels was due to Federal regulations. the rest is conjecture on my part.

It is a spam. The config file contains the following line below:

DJI SOFTWARE CONFIG : DO NOT DELETE!

Answer my question. What firmware are you using with the android pilot app 1.2? Why are people stating to use a lower version of pilot app (i.e. 1.07) if v1.2 works, as you stated. I hope that this is not another bullcrap thread like the service file threads.

you sound angry....

v1.2 works... DJI GO works on IOS... everything works! go fly and be happy.

Reactions: Romonaga
you sound angry....

v1.2 works... DJI GO works on IOS... everything works! go fly and be happy.

Not mad. Don't want to waste my time on another hide and seek thread. You don't provide enough information for anyone else to be able to replicate your results. What firmware version are you using with the pilot v1.2 app? Simple question, the answer to which would enable others to achieve the results you are stating.

All is good. I have succeeded and have millions of channels at my disposal. Lol. Auto still looks like it selects between 13-20 but I have numerous channels with NO ACTIVITY!!!!! Whoooo Hooooo! No spam and it's good to go. My guess is that there are some real pissed people right about now and I'd be VERY Leary about updating any firmware going forward as they will disable this. Might have to make a choice between added features and keeping channels though......I'll keep the channels thank you! And God bless you person who uncovered this and shared it with your good friends on the forum!

Not mad. Don't want to waste my time on another hide and seek thread. You don't provide enough information for anyone else to be able to replicate your results. What firmware version are you using with the pilot v1.2 app? Simple question, the answer to which would enable others to achieve the results you are stating.

using the newest firmware, 1.3.20 - I'm pretty sure works with the previous firmwares as well... it's not a very difficult hack! takes less than 2 minutes... if you don't want it, erase app and reinstall!

Reactions: Romonaga
using the newest firmware, 1.3.20 - I'm pretty sure works with the previous firmwares as well... it's not a very difficult hack! takes less than 2 minutes... if you don't want it, erase app and reinstall!
Thanks for the reply. Doesn't work for me in older firmware, 1.2 pilot app.

let me reiterate, Blade Strike, DJI rep on RCGroup, also uses this.. please see prior messages

Yes I know but it is an empty file and this empty file unveils the hidden channels !!!!!! ha hah ha this is very funny

All is good. I have succeeded and have millions of channels at my disposal. Lol. Auto still looks like it selects between 13-20 but I have numerous channels with NO ACTIVITY!!!!! Whoooo Hooooo! No spam and it's good to go. My guess is that there are some real pissed people right about now and I'd be VERY Leary about updating any firmware going forward as they will disable this. Might have to make a choice between added features and keeping channels though......I'll keep the channels thank you! And God bless you person who uncovered this and shared it with your good friends on the forum!

What is this, a testimonial?

Update your firmware to the newest as it's pretty good aside from the dreaded gimbal tilt and download the add channel file. Works great.

It believe it was the additional channel frequencies, not the distance you can fly. Additional channels != longer range.
Exactly, instead according to the app, lowering the bit rate will however increase the distance...

When in custom channel selection (non-auto), set the Image Transmission Quality:
T8OMwi1.png

Zw85QBg.png

ylcSvEv.png

Three kilometers, yay ...

Setup:
Google Nexus 7 (2013)
DJI Pilot App 1.20 (Android 5.1.1)
Firmware 1.3.20

Last edited:
Exactly, instead according to the app, lowering the bit rate will however increase the distance...

When in custom channel selection (non-auto), set the Image Transmission Quality:
T8OMwi1.png

Zw85QBg.png

ylcSvEv.png

Three kilometers, yay ...

What platform, android, what firmware, what version of pilot app?

All the newest versions DJI go and firmware.......leave the image trains quality all the way to the left. On devices as small as ours the quality is fine. Wish auto worked for all 32 but maybe a future updated hack.....lol. I'm thrilled as channels 13-20 have way too much action on them where Iive. Anyone have a copy of the old file? Could always reinstall DJI go but I'd like to have the original file.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj