might be silly, is it safe to pull throttle stick all way down?

Good question here...
I have a few flights yet....but once i "forget" and did pull down completely down.....and i can`t be sure 100%, but at the time it seems for a fraction of time, the quad did get a little too unstable....

Something to do on a controlled safety zone on a near future...

Please don`t shoot me .....i just have 8 flights and a few posts :D

My first and only crash was with a P2V+ and it was from holding the left stick completely down. Their were other factors but the actual crash was due to the engines shutting off mid air while holding down (not CSC). This happened after I lost control of the quad though, I went to ascend and after I let go of the stick it just kept going up at full speed, it wouldn't respond to anything so naturally my instinct was to hold down on the altitude stick cause it was going realllly high up. After a couple seconds the engines just shut off and it tumbled down, I managed to turn it back on right before it hit so it righted itself straight up and slowed enough to not destroy the whole thing, just the landing gear and some props (no gimbal or camera attached at the time).

So... what I'm saying is under very weird circumstances, it can think its on the ground and just shut off. Mind you, this is with a P2V+, my P3P has been flawless.

Good question here...
I have a few flights yet....but once i "forget" and did pull down completely down.....and i can`t be sure 100%, but at the time it seems for a fraction of time, the quad did get a little too unstable....

Vortex Ring State, settling under power caused by descending in prop wash. It is less likely on P3 because of the canted motors.

Gonna stick up for the newbie here as I am still pretty new and know how frustrating it can be looking for answers. The guy asked a question that has been asked before BUT it was abundantly clear in the title of the thread what he was asking so is it really that big a deal just to ignore it if it doesn't appy to you? I'm still getting used to how this site works, hopefully a bit more used to it and a bit less tiresome now as I'm sure I asked a few questions that were repeats but folk were gracious and still helped me. We aren't all forum experts so don't all know how to search for stuff and even if we do, might not know what to search under. Happy for you that you have got it all sussed, but still sensitive enough to know there are many new droners coming into this fantastic hobby of ours who need help. :)
Amen Rob +1

Reactions: Stephan
Good question here...

What you want to do is if you will pull the stick all the way down, because most likely it will cause VRS, move the bird forward and backwards
and that way you will eliminate the VRS possibility.

Reactions: Mordor
Always learning.....i think i going to use my Hubsan 109L as Guinea pig:D:p

Thank you, for the advice!;)
I lovvvvve my Hubsan. Honestly, if people on here are looking for an accessory for the Phantom, the Hubsan was the best thing I ever bought to aid in my quad flying. I know if something happened to my P3P, that my Hubsan skills will kick in and I'll be able to perform some pretty insane maneuvers.

Reactions: Mordor
Amen Bro!
Couldn`t agree more!
Should be "law" before buy a P3/P2/P1....get a Hubsan and flight to get the minimum skills....:cool:;)

OK, so while we are on the topic I have a curiosity question:

Lets say you are hand catching on a moving boat... Will full left stick down still power off the motors or would you have to CSC since the phantom would still be registering motion?

Lets say you are hand catching on a moving boat... Will full left stick down still power off the motors or would you have to CSC since the phantom would still be registering motion?

The left stick will stop the motors when the bird senses it has stopped descending, regardless of how it has stopped descending...

Reactions: dlbyers

NEVER do a CSC with P3 when trying to STOP the motors. it's not the same as P2 where CSC would stop the motors.
P3 will flip on you.
HOLD DOWN THE THROTTLE STICK TO TURN OFF THE MOTORS!

Agreed and understood. I should have worded that a little differently. Thank you for stating that for the benefit of others.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues