Will drone shut off while flying when I put throttle all the way down for a quick descent?

To shutdown engine is leftstick down right + hold the RTH button(P4+P4Pro). So NO WORRIES!!!

The answer is definitively no. The flight controller will only shut down the motors if the barometric sensors indicate no descent for 3 seconds with the left stick fully down. They will not shut down while it is in the air and still descending. It's hard to believe that this issue is still in question.

The only way to shut it down in the air is with one of the CSCs. On the P3s and older, that is left and right sticks down and in, or left and right sticks down and out (assuming one of the standard stick modes). On the P4 it was changed by firmware upgrade to left stick down and in plus the RTH button.
You can still shut down P4 the old way (both sticks down and out or down and in)

I don't mean to sound rude but why don't people just READ the Manual or watch the hundreds of videos. I can't tell you how many times I've heard we'll I'm just not the reading the manual type after they've crashed at $1,400 drone. Seriously???? I have a business that teaches people how to fly them and what to do if something goes wrong. The problem is 98% of the people don't think they need any training. And to boot half of them have way overpaid or purchased a drone that does not meet their needs in the first place "because they are not the type that likes to read" or do any research. I'm sorry It just drives me nuts for them. I guess if they want to burn money go ahead.

The answer is definitively no. The flight controller will only shut down the motors if the barometric sensors indicate no descent for 3 seconds with the left stick fully down. They will not shut down while it is in the air and still descending. It's hard to believe that this issue is still in question.

The only way to shut it down in the air is with one of the CSCs. On the P3s and older, that is left and right sticks down and in, or left and right sticks down and out (assuming one of the standard stick modes). On the P4 it was changed by firmware upgrade to left stick down and in plus the RTH button.
People Just the freaking manual!

Sorry this is pretty late from my last post but this was on the phantom 3. When I pulled the throttle together for about 3 seconds it shut off the motors.

Yes, while on the ground, correct?

Whilst descending this won’t happen.

this is something I was wondering as only had my ps3 for 2 days my left stick will lock in place if i pull it down all the way,
I have been decending really slowly because I was worried about killing the motors in mid flight... so to confirm if I was still high up and I pull my stick into lock it would just come down nice and fast without killing the motors?

It would descend ‘nice’ but YOU must then take control to slow down and land once near the ground or it would just hit at the same speed you were descending.

It would descend ‘nice’ but YOU must then take control to slow down and land once near the ground or it would just hit at the same speed you were descending.

You sure? Mine slows it’s descent just above the ground and lands nice and politely!

You sure? Mine slows it’s descent just above the ground and lands nice and politely!

what model? maybe down sensors do that (slow its decent just before it hits)?

my P3S (no sensors) with full locked down acts like it will quite happily slam into the ground at speed.

what model? maybe down sensors do that (slow its decent just before it hits)?

my P3S (no sensors) with full locked down acts like it will quite happily slam into the ground at speed.

Standard... P3S. No sensors. I’ve done it many times, and most of the time accidentally.

Half the time, when I go to restart it, my remote is beeping inexplicably until I realize the left stick is still in lock down from the last flight.

Weird. It’s gotta go in for warranty repair (still haven’t gotten to that yet) and now I’m worried I’ll get a replacement and lose all the cool things this one has me spoiled me with.

Before I got my P4S I had bought a 70 dollar Syma X8HW just to get a feel for flying before moving on to something more expensive. I liked the quad but that was one thing it did that was not good is that while bringing it down if you held the stick all the way down for 3 secs it would kill the motors lol I did it twice! Luckily I was able to save it both times. Was very happy to learn that my phantom did not do this

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik