Mavic Release Discussion

Only in really tight situations I just might. I don't want to take "unnecessary" risks.
every time you fly it is a risk as is for all of us

I appreciate your point of view (and I share your disdain for "Vlog folks," believe me), but I don't agree with your assessment of the Mavic. Granted, I've obviously not seen or flown one personally yet, but from the research I've done, it's everything the P4 is -- and more. It's the best of both worlds. I would be very surprised if the camera on the Mavic were not superior to the one on the P4. Plus, it's so much smaller, has a far superior form factor, better obstacle avoidance technology, an awesome proprietary controller, better range, better FPV flying, new and improved video transmission technology, and the list goes on and on.

I just see no reason whatsoever for DJI to even sell the Phantoms any more unless they literally cut their prices to 1/3 of what they are selling for now.

It makes me mad, too, because I have a lot invested in my Phantom. 4 batteries, extra charger, charging station, carrying case, gimbal protector, range amplifiers, etc.
You've not even held the blasted thing and you think it's going to beat everything else hands down? Talk about a fan boy. Lots of reasons that the camera may not be as good as a P4. Price for one, something has to give. Size for another - smaller form factor means more pressure on component weight and size. Manufacturing tolerances (cheaper, smaller, faster - pick any two).

Remember, this is DJI. The company that still produces fimware 'upgrades' for a three year old craft that still mess things up.

The Mavik is just getting into beta testing. Calm down.

Yeah, my middle-age eyes need the larger screen of my iPad Pro. Portability is great, but having a hard time picking out smaller details on your video feed could be a problem. But then that's why DJI is pushing their new goggles. Should make for an incredible experience, but I'll hold onto my P4 and see if the goggles work with that first.

What if the P4 or P3 controller works with the Mavic like most other models with lightbridge? I feel like J can see a small tablet mount being figured out!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Yes, Mavic-P4-Inspire morphed into ~~~. Controller will be expandable to accept iPad or iPhone - viewed above or below. Booster range chips can be acquired, Stay tuned.
This or they will sell a different controller made for tablets

For all who have bought from Amazon, does DJI still warranty their products? I'm trying to decide if I should buy the Mavic from Amazon or DJI. I've heard a lot of negative comments on DJI's customer service.

Well as long as it is iPad ready I won't mind mounting an iPad on a tripod and hand hold the controller.i will say it will be much lighter.and with a 4 foot Lightning cable this seems good to me?

What if the P4 or P3 controller works with the Mavic like most other models with lightbridge? I feel like J can see a small tablet mount being figured out!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I don't think OcuSync is backwards compatible with lightbridge for sure next generation of Phantoms and Inspires will integrate Ocusync and it's more than likely these new remotes will work. And I doubt they will opt for the console controller for those...Will be a nice sale to the ones that bought the 749 w/o a remote or wanting something better than a 10' tablet with tiny grips on the top or 3D printed gimmicks to balance the lot....

Edit: Although some seemed ready to tape an 800 bucks flying machine weighting 745g on their helmets.(sorry can't let go with that one[emoji13])

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

When gyros start up, they have to know what is level . If on start up and not level, they can fly tilted.
I don't agree, these craft don't use gyros. That's what the IMU calibration does for you, calculates level and stores it in memory.

I've never made a point to launch on level ground or worried about it. Mine has always flown fine, and I never have camera horizon problems either, like others have.

I don't agree, these craft don't use gyros. That's what the IMU calibration does for you, calculates level and stores it in memory.

I've never made a point to launch on level ground or worried about it. Mine has always flown fine, and I never have camera horizon problems either, like others have.
It's probably like Flybarless Control systems on 3D Helicopters. If you take off within 30 degrees of level, you should be fine, and Heli/Drone should learn true level quickly when it starts hovering.

DJI Naza-M V2 Multirotor Gyro System w/ GPS
DJI-Acc-Naza-M-V2

Doesn't look like a sun shade will be easily installed either which is just silly to me. You'd think a company would be paying attention to forums like this and know that most people use them and maybe make something standard to help with the sun.
That is because they know sunshades do not work.

When he pulled his card out I did see a badge but didn't get a close look at it.
Im not saying you are wrong but... most agents identify themselves with credentials or are clearly marked with agency head gear or apparel... It is policy and prevents officers from being injured. You should not have to ask. So not clearly seeing a badge and credential is unusual and basic agent 101

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31