Reaction score
Phantom 2
Zenmuse H3-3D
GoPro Hero 3+ Silver
Fatshark Terminator V2 and 5.8GHz transmitter

I kept getting prompted to update the Hero. After, I'd power up the craft and the lcd on the Hero only recognized the usb as a power source. Did a factory reset to (hopefully) void the upgrade but to no avail. Replaced the delicate ribbon cable for a bit of confidence no video transmitting to the FPV goggles.

My Hero 4 Black works fine but I prefer the 3+. S.O.L. or does anyone know an easy fix?

Phantom 2
Zenmuse H3-3D
GoPro Hero 3+ Silver
Fatshark Terminator V2 and 5.8GHz transmitter

I kept getting prompted to update the Hero. After, I'd power up the craft and the lcd on the Hero only recognized the usb as a power source. Did a factory reset to (hopefully) void the upgrade but to no avail. Replaced the delicate ribbon cable for a bit of confidence no video transmitting to the FPV goggles.

My Hero 4 Black works fine but I prefer the 3+. S.O.L. or does anyone know an easy fix?

When you first power on the hero 3+ sliver it will tell you at the very bottom of the LCD screen what software its running on.and if that version 03.00 video out of the USB port is blocked. So watch the screen because it only there for a second and you may have to turn off and on a few times.

Let me know what you find.by using the reply button in the bottom right corner of my post

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

If you have updated the Gopro you may have a real issue. See here for more info...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

When you first power on the hero 3+ sliver it will tell you at the very bottom of the LCD screen what software its running on.and if that version 03.00 video out of the USB port is blocked. So watch the screen because it only there for a second and you may have to turn off and on a few times.

Let me know what you find.by using the reply button in the bottom right corner of my post

Thanks. I see it's running v3.02. Not sure that's the version I started with.

Thanks. I see it's running v3.02. Not sure that's the version I started with.

You can use the work around that TJ posted or you can roll back the soft ware to v02.00 from this site. Others have had success rolling back their gp cameras. Drivers filed under: GoPro HERO3+ Camera Firmware

I would suggest that you go into your download file first and delete the update file for V03. Version 02 is a zip flie and has to be unzipped and downloaded the same way you download the new version.

You can use the work around that TJ posted or you can roll back the soft ware to v02.00 from this site. Others have had success rolling back their gp cameras. Drivers filed under: GoPro HERO3+ Camera Firmware

I would suggest that you go into your download file first and delete the update file for V03. Version 02 is a zip flie and has to be unzipped and downloaded the same way you download the new version.

IT WORKED!!! That's totally awesome! I don't consider myself completely illiterate when it comes to the essential mechanics of UAV operation but this one stumped me because I was concerned it was a hardware issue. Thank you immensely and as soon as it warms up a little bit, I'll be back in the air. You guys are fantastic!

Attachments

• 20160119_101347-1.jpg
    20160119_101347-1.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 387
IT WORKED!!! That's totally awesome! I don't consider myself completely illiterate when it comes to the essential mechanics of UAV operation but this one stumped me because I was concerned it was a hardware issue. Thank you immensely and as soon as it warms up a little bit, I'll be back in the air. You guys are fantastic!

Which one did you use?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers