Reaction score
Hi
I started off doing an aerial survey and 3D model of a piece of land I own (using Agisoft), which led me to doing missons of around 30 waypoints. This worked well using Go, but when I tried it in Litchi, the app would simply hang without starting the mission. I could do a couple of waypoints but not more. My phone which is midrange performs a little better but also hangs when I add too many way points.

This led me to thinking it was my tablet spec not being suitable. Faced with doing several surveys to come, I have decided to upgrade to another device. This appears to be an issue on its own as some threads complain about marshmallow. Since most new devices are coming out with marshmallow already.

So essentially the choice is an older device or wait till Litchi sorts out the issues with Marshmallow?

Also I am wondering what specs are required to run Litchi and more importantly what is the total number of waypoints one can do with a decent spec'd device?

I cannot find any threads which discuss the most waypoints ever flown and actions used. I am assuming this requires a decent mobile device?

Ideas?!

Thanks

I have plans to use Litchi for crop inspections I was wondering how many runs I could do ie way points. I think I read it was 30. I have a Samsung S tab. I haven't run a mission yet due to a month of rain So I hope it will do what I want .I thought Litchi was initially developed for android devices anyway.
Screenshot_2016-06-03-09-18-24.png

The highest waypoint mission I've flown was 57. I doubt there's a limit. Perhaps 99 since the waypoint icon size might limit it.

I'm using an iPod Mini 2 and it never burps with Litchi. Great app.

SB

I have plans to use Litchi for crop inspections I was wondering how many runs I could do ie way points. I think I read it was 30. I have a Samsung S tab. I haven't run a mission yet due to a month of rain So I hope it will do what I want .I thought Litchi was initially developed for android devices anyway.
View attachment 57933

the more overlap you have the better, some say 80%, personally I think 50 is fine. The height will depend on your detail you want to provide. Shooting straight down will also provide a oblique perspective, although if you need proper detail in mountainous terrain oblique shots are important.

FYI
I picked up a Xiaomi Mi4 running Kitkat. Turns out my tablet was not good enough to perform waypoints with but works out well normally.

The highest waypoint mission I've flown was 57. I doubt there's a limit. Perhaps 99 since the waypoint icon size might limit it.

I'm using an iPod Mini 2 and it never burps with Litchi. Great app.

SB

Yesterday I did 120 odd. I am suspecting it will run any number until the battery runs down. Will revert when I try a long run today.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31