Litchi waypoint mission won't start/upload?

This is the response from Litchi:

Hello,

Generally if missions don't upload and stay stuck at 0% during upload, it means the mobile device is not powerful enough. For some reason (only DJI knows why...) waypoint upload is quite an intensive task on Android, so older devices may have troubles with it.

This is the response from Litchi:
Hello,
Generally if missions don't upload and stay stuck at 0% during upload, it means the mobile device is not powerful enough. For some reason (only DJI knows why...) waypoint upload is quite an intensive task on Android, so older devices may have troubles with it.

Interesting. Not sure why mission update should require any kind of powerful device, but I guess it does fit with the user experience in this respect..... Some users consistently have problems with mission upload, and other users never see the problem. It might be nothing more than the vintage of the mobile device being used.

Hi folks,

I've been using Litchi for almost 1 year with my Phantom 3 Advanced and Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7" without any problems.
Running a waypoint mission was done smoothly until the day I did upgrade my P3A from FW1.09.0060 to FW 1.10.0090 in February.
Since then, I have the same load mission 0% timeout issue. Tested with my Nexus 5 is a bit better, working only close to the remote and just after a drone / RC power ON.

I bought a new Samsung Galaxy Tab A6 7" 2016, but no improvement vs my previous tablet.

I've asked Litchi support, and here is their answer :

My guess is that both devices aren’t up to the task anymore, this is often the reason for uploads failing and being stuck at 0%
Unfortunately DJI increased the requirements of the development kit a lot recently, which is why some devices which used to work may not work anymore.

For Android, our recommended devices are: Nvidia Shield K1, Google Pixel/Pixel XL.
For iOS, our recommended devices are: iPad mini 4, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro, iPhone 6s or anything higher.

So it matches post #61, and makes sense for me, even if it is a pitty that DJI din't allow to downgrade FW 1.10.0090 to a previous release, and that tablet/phone needs to be changed to continue using Litchi.
Anyway, I will consider buying a NVidia Shield K1 hoping this will solve this issue.

Have used my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 SM-T705Y (4G+Wifi) without issues for many, many missions. Missions loaded, orbits started.. all OK. Since Litchi version 3.9.0, etc signal strength as reported in Healthydrones is Very Poor... video choppy, mission load hangs at 0%, Orbit fails to start. Stopped using Mobizen screen recorder... no improvement. Tried latest Litchi v3.10.5 on my Samsung Galaxy phone S5, everything runs perfectly. Support for Mavic Pro in Litchi v3.9.0, P4 Pro in v3.10.0 and Inspire 2 in v3.10.2 added to Litchi app... has this introduced problems?? Or is my SM-T705Y not powerful enough anymore?

Same here!!! Samsung Tab S worked very well, but after installing FW 1.10.6 to copter, 1.8.0 to RC and Litchi 3.10.6 i've got exactly the same problems. But - in DJI Go (3.1.6) everything works fine, video is steady and i'm able to fly.

Just contacted Litchi support team.

You guys think a Samsung Tab S2 will work better?

One more things Litchi support wrote me :

One important component is the memory, the Galaxy A 7inch only appears to have 1.5GB ram, we recommend at least 2GB.
We will consider adding this information to our website. Android is a special beast as there are many devices which will work fine but we don’t have them so we can’t recommend them.

They even offer me to be refunded, this deserve to be noted !

I do mine a bit differently. I first load the mission I'll check my settings and make sure my speed is where I wanted to be then I'll load it and I'll check all my altitude and make sure they're right and then I'll push you go. All this time the crap is warming up it is on and the controller is on. I leave mine on the ground I don't put it in the air and I make sure my first Waypoint is 25 feet or so whatever safe for the area. Once I press go I'll see it loading and it'll take off and fly it'smission. I hope this helps and wasn't too wordy.

One important component is the memory, the Galaxy A 7inch only appears to have 1.5GB ram, we recommend at least 2GB.
We will consider adding this information to our website. Android is a special beast as there are many devices which will work fine but we don’t have them so we can’t recommend them.

My Tab S 8.4" has 3GB ram... and misbehaved as previously reported

Can confirm my (brand new ) Nvidia Shield K1 performs perfectly... so far

Suffering from a similar issue here, i just got litchi and tried my first waypoint mission in the garden with a mavic pro. Tiny loop of 4 way points 6ft in the air. It all worked fine. Landed and made some tweaks (added a point of interest) and tried again and got an error message when hitting play "failed to upload"... I switched everything off and back on again, still no joy. Came inside just now and started googling and came across this thread...

Something someone else said made me wonder. I'm on Android, when you plug your phone into the RC, you can select the type of connection, i.e. Charge device, data transfer etc... i'm wondering whether there's a permissions conflict i.e. if you select charge device in your usb settings on the phone, it doesn't have the ability/permissions to transfer the data (mission) from the phone to the aircraft.

Its starting raining here now so can't try again but could be the answer...will try again when i get chance and report back.

Well it was a nice idea but didn't work! Tried with every setting and I'm still get the same error message...

Failed to upload the mission (reason: The info of waypoint mission is not completely uploaded).

Something else to check.....

There is a minimum distance requirement between waypoints of 0.5 meters. There is also a maximum distance of 2000 meters. The mission will fail to upload if your waypoint mission is out of bounds with these min/max distance values between waypoints; Important to remember that this limitation includes the first and last waypoint too; you cannot end with a waypoint directly on top of your starting waypoint, nor can the last waypoint be more than 2000 meters away from your starting waypoint.

As others have mentioned, there is also a problem uploading missions from what Litchi Tech Support have called an "underpowered" device. However, I don't know what they consider "underpowered", and I'm not sure that is even specified anywhere in terms of free memory or speed or latency or anything else. I have a two year old Samsung Note 5, which works perfectly every time, so I have never seen the "Failed to Upload" problem, but some others see it quite frequently with older phones and especially older tablets.

Thanks for that Skyhog, I think you could be on to something there, it was a really small mission in the garden and have a feeling the final way point was very close to the home point. The intention was to end close to where I started so just added a way point close to the start position. I'll give this a go.

I can't see it being anything to do with my device as it's a brand new Google Pixel XL, lightening fast and as I say did manage to upload and run one mission. I'll check the Airdata logs now and see how close the waypoints were.

Big thanks for your reply, let you know how it goes!

They even offer me to be refunded, this deserve to be noted !

I have to concur with TopDrone. I can't upload the mission using my Asus Zenpad C7. It has 1 gb or ram. My xperia Z1 has 2 gb of ram and the mission uploaded flawlessly. I believe it's the device that's unable to cope with the demand. Litchi or DJI have to do something about this as some users posted that they're having issues to upload after they upgraded the firmware or apps.

I have to concur with TopDrone. I can't upload the mission using my Asus Zenpad C7. It has 1 gb or ram. My xperia Z1 has 2 gb of ram and the mission uploaded flawlessly. I believe it's the device that's unable to cope with the demand. Litchi or DJI have to do something about this as some users posted that they're having issues to upload after they upgraded the firmware or apps.

I confirm like Robinway that with an NVidia Shield K1 tablet (2 GB of RAM) I can properly upload my missions.

Nividia shield here, been using Litchi 98% of the time, P3A ,after making up mission at the hub, I turn on Wi-Fi & load to my shield, make sure all is right, at home. In the field, I get my bird to 30 m.& flip to F, load mission to bird, & were off on mission instantly. Firmware 4 months old, Litchi also
My P3A flies so well, , I;m scared to mess with new firmware

I can confirm that this is NOT the case when I have encountered the "0% loaded" timing-out issue.

The mission has been resident and editable on my tablet days before trying to launch the craft. Additionally, the mission successfully passed the pre-flight check! (Well, right up to the "upload" point.)

Last time I tried, I accidentally got success when I gave up on the 0% message and opened a way-point to check it's parameters. Upon the individual waypoint dialogue displaying in Litchi on the tablet (in the field), the craft immediately started its engines, launched, hovered and flew the mission!

It was unclear to me whether this was a coincidental timing issue and would have happened had I touched nothing, or whether opening the waypoint dialogue (I think it was, say, waypoint 8 that I opened but the mission executed from 1 thru 12) caused the upload to complete?

Unfortunately, I'm interstate from my bird and haven't had a chance to test further.
The same just happened to me today.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub