Litchi - Home point not changing using P3S

Reaction score
I click and drag the 'H' to a new location
Press 'OK' on the confirm dialogue
Then the home dot stays in the new location for a second before moving back to it's original location.

I'm using a iPhone 6s, running the latest Litchi software on a P3 Standard.
I can reset the home location using the DJI Go app no problem

Video here:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Don't have an answer for you, but perhaps some explanation based on educated speculation; to change the homepoint, the RC would have to send the new one to the AC, and have it updated in the AC's system. I expect that the way this all works is there is an SDK interface for setting the HP, and it receives a status response from the AC about success/failure.

Litchi is simply getting a failure code response from the AC when it tries to change the HP. First, does the P3S support changing the HP?

If it does, what is the status and history of the firmware? Is it updated to the latest? How long ago was the last time you updated, and does this correlate at all timewise with when this started?

The most likely cause is an incompatibility between the version of Litchi you are running, and the firmware version in the P3S -- that is, one or the other was updated at some point, and are no longer compatible with the other -- i.e. the interfaces for changing the HP in the DJI SDK changed in some way that requires the corresponding app to be updated to use the SDK that way.

A lot of software engineering mumbo jumbo. Bottom line is this: Determine what firmware version is in your P3S, the version of Litchi you are using, then contact Litchi support with this information and the problem. They'll likely be able to tell you right away if this is a known issue, and if there is a app/firmware combination that works.

Thanks for this - I check out versions. Out of interest how do you contact Litchi support? I've not found a way yet.

FYI - I've just purchased a P4P and installed all the latest OS and Firmware. I tried moving the home point and encountered exactly the same problem.

@dwallersv - I appreciate the time you spent writing the response to my question however i'm guessing you didn't test it out yourself to see if you experienced the same outcome?

FYI - I've just purchased a P4P and installed all the latest OS and Firmware. I tried moving the home point and encountered exactly the same problem.

@dwallersv - I appreciate the time you spent writing the response to my question however i'm guessing you didn't test it out yourself to see if you experienced the same outcome?
haven't been able to (easily) since you posted as it's been raining here. As soon as I can I'll give it a shot. I have a P4 however, so if it works, that doesn't necessarily mean anything for your situation.

Update: Litchi responded saying:

Hi,

A new home location is valid only if it is within 30 meters of the drone or you.

Kind Regards,
Litchi

Which is partially correct, I've tested using my P4P and you can move the home point to within 30 metres of the drone location but no the controller location.

I've emailed Litchi back and am awaiting response.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic