SJDL1.JPG

SJDL2.JPG

SJDL3.JPG

Blanes Spain

BL1.JPG

BL2.JPG

slothead said:
Walter said:
How are you doing lens correction on photos?
I mentioned this before Walter, but Photoshop Creative Suite 6 has a DJI FC200 correction profile that I used.

Thank you Tom. I made a post right after my original question with the answer.

That is certainly a huge help!

ToThePoint said:
I've made some during the holiday.

Saint-Jean-De-Luz

SJDL1.JPG

SJDL2.JPG

SJDL3.JPG

Blanes Spain

BL1.JPG

BL2.JPG

Magical. Didn't realise the phantom and a bit of PS could create such tranquillity shots.

Have you guys or tried any of the 360 degree panorama software yet? I've been messing around with it a little and love the interactivity. Here's an example shot with 10 pics from a Vision plus. It's a very boring park, but you'll get the idea of the potential. Click on the mouse icon on the bottom if you prefer to free roam with the mouse. This technique with some of your guys' pictures would be really cool :cool:

http://home.comcast.net/~enelson10000/Pano_6.html

Taken in Leipzig Germany with 12 Shots in RAW

Attachments

• Panorama Kolmberg Leipzig 1.jpg
    Panorama Kolmberg Leipzig 1.jpg
    1,005.9 KB · Views: 397
  • Panorama Lindenauer-Hafen.jpg
    Panorama Lindenauer-Hafen.jpg
    719.4 KB · Views: 453
Can somebody advise on the options to remove black area on the top of panorama: http://178.16.35.30/salapilis

I understand this is happening because I didn't make photo for straight above view. I actually tried to do it (and it was challenging, because from the ground after pointing phantom upwards - camera still tries to maintain normal level), but when I imported panorama (created with autopano Giga) to Panorama Tour - it got messy. I also tried to fill in black area with Gimp taking example of the sky and brushed the top to remove black areas, but after creating view with Panorama Tour it also got messed and somehow realized it was fishy :) What's the hint you are using with Vision+? Would it help to make the horizon line lower maybe, because I can see in some panoramas the view angle is limited?

BTW, what is the optimal amount of photos to be taken to create panorama with vision+? I assume having more would ensure better result, however size would increase - is it right assumption?

Thanks for your hints in advance.

LarasLTU said:
Can somebody advise on the options to remove black area on the top of panorama: http://178.16.35.30/salapilis

I understand this is happening because I didn't make photo for straight above view. I actually tried to do it (and it was challenging, because from the ground after pointing phantom upwards - camera still tries to maintain normal level), but when I imported panorama (created with autopano Giga) to Panorama Tour - it got messy. I also tried to fill in black area with Gimp taking example of the sky and brushed the top to remove black areas, but after creating view with Panorama Tour it also got messed and somehow realized it was fishy :) What's the hint you are using with Vision+? Would it help to make the horizon line lower maybe, because I can see in some panoramas the view angle is limited?

BTW, what is the optimal amount of photos to be taken to create panorama with vision+? I assume having more would ensure better result, however size would increase - is it right assumption?

Aotopana giga allows you to crop the image before exporting. But a better solution is to point the phantom straight up by hand when you are holding it to get a sky pic. 1 should do the trick. And 12 to 13 pics total sounds about what I take for the full 360 degree panos

ToddSmi said:
LarasLTU said:

Autopana giga allows you to crop the image before exporting. But a better solution is to point the phantom straight up by hand when you are holding it to get a sky pic. 1 sky shot should do the trick. And 12 to 13 pics total sounds about what I take for the full 360 degree panos

What software are people using to do the initial correction before stitching? I have PS elements 11 and it doesn't seem to be cutting it or perhaps (more likely) I'm not using it properly.

Also, shoot in raw or jpg? On the ground I'm a Nikon shooter and shoot almost exclusively in raw but my buffer is much much much slower it seems on the + when shooting in raw to the degree that it takes up to 20 secs to process a shot.

Any and all suggestions welcome to this newer member of the club. Thanks in advance.

ToddSmi said:
LarasLTU said:

Aotopana giga allows you to crop the image before exporting. But a better solution is to point the phantom straight up by hand when you are holding it to get a sky pic. 1 should do the trick. And 12 to 13 pics total sounds about what I take for the full 360 degree panos

I realized, that the picture from the sky is not taken into account when generating panorama - it probably doesn't find the control points to map with other photos? What's the way to incorporate it to panorama? It's also quite complicated to take photo from the ground while pointing camera to the sky (as camera is trying to level it, also some object get into the view)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj