Let's see some Panoramas

Reaction score
Well I have always loved to do panoramas and with the new Vision+ you get a great new perspective. Here is one of my first tries. I happen to be in South Bend and had some time with the quad in the car so I tried this pano. Next time I think I will try a 360 but I need to find how to stitch the 360 together.
University of Notre Dame Stadium by ryan.boucher, on Flickr

University of Notre Dame by ryan.boucher, on Flickr

Very Cool!!

maybe let us know how you are doing them and what software you are using to stitch 'em together! Are you shooting in RAW?

360 Deg. Castle Hill, New Zealand
14326639984_bcce1ea51a_o.jpg

https://www.360cities.net/image/castle-hill-new-zealand-drone-panorama

Next time I want to try a full sphere :)

Reactions: Noble 1
I used 24 pics to come up with this. It is the racetrack at Circuitpark Zandvoort (NL).

Ah yes, sorry I forgot.
I took several pics in all directions including straight down. When at home I did lenscorrection first. After that I loaded it up in Kolor Autopano Giga 3.0. The first result was not that great but I changed the projection settings from Spherical to Orthographic view. And this was the result. In the end I did a bit of color correction as the colours where a bit dull.

Here's one from last week that I thought was interesting:

Folsom Lake at sunset (the low water makes it look like a lake on mars) 23 images at 250 ft.

folsom_lake_sunset_360_23_uncorr_v02.jpg

I know we all are adept at the compass dance - anyone know a good rain dance? :)

Reactions: Noble 1
Here is the process that I used for the 360 panorama. I went up about 350 ft and then tilted so I just barely saw the horizon. I took a photo and rotated several times till I had 15-20 photos per 360 revolution. You probable don't need that many but I did not want to have to go back and reshoot because I did not take enough. I then tilted down even further to get the area that the first sweep did not get. I took another 15-20 photos. I then tilted straight down and took a few photos just in case.
Edit:"Next you need to apply a lens correction to get the images to stitch together properly. I use ProDRENALIN. There is a setting for lens adjustment DJI Phantom 1/2 FC200."
I used Microsoft ICE (image composite editor) and just dragged and dropped them in. It can get your panorama or 360 pano looking pretty good. I then exported the image and you can do some editing in your favorite software or be done. From Microsoft ICE you can import to a photosynth (360 view) that looks pretty good.
I know there is other software that might do a better job. I don't have photoshop which can make better adjustments, but this is a quick and easy free way to get the job done. Any suggestions or helpful hints are welcome.

Can anyone recommend a (preferably free) Mac photo stitching software, along with software to correct lens distortion please?

Also should I use raw or jpg photos? The examples shown here are fantastic and I'd like to have a go too. :)

Thanks!

The answer. Adobe Photoshop CC 2014 has a lens correction. I then go into custom and adjust by +36 on some photos to get a flatter image (imho).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1