Let's see some Panoramas

aerial_justice said:
Here's one from last week that I thought was interesting:

Folsom Lake at sunset (the low water makes it look like a lake on mars) 23 images at 250 ft.

folsom_lake_sunset_360_23_uncorr_v02.jpg

I know we all are adept at the compass dance - anyone know a good rain dance? :)

I wonder if a local news paper might want to publish that folsom lake photo. have you offered it to anyone?

Does anyone experience running out of memory when doing these applications? I have a pretty serious machine and it just get gobbled up by stitching together 35-40 images? Can you do say, 5 at a time and add to them? Sort of working your way around the circle?

Thanks,
A

AcierX said:
Does anyone experience running out of memory when doing these applications? I have a pretty serious machine and it just get gobbled up by stitching together 35-40 images? Can you do say, 5 at a time and add to them? Sort of working your way around the circle?

Thanks,
A

I use a Mac Pro and stitch panoramas composed of hunderds of adobe dng or canon raw images. It certainly does wake up the CPUs ;) but it does work.

-David

Here's a nice one I took today - 3 shots stitched in Arcsoft Panorama Maker after de-fishing in Photoshop
Perfect day for flying - wish I had 6 more batteries

Attachments

• Panorama 2b.jpg
    Panorama 2b.jpg
    515.1 KB · Views: 364
Meta4 said:
Here's a nice one I took today - 3 shots stitched in Arcsoft Panorama Maker after de-fishing in Photoshop
Location?

This one is of the Bluewater Resort on Hilton Head Island, SC. The resort is on the Intracoastal Waterway between the Island and the mainland. Unfortunately, the weather has not been cooperating down here the last few weeks. It's either rainy or extremely hazy. These photos were shot in the morning, but I think a sunset shot would have been better. But we were expecting thunderstorms that evening so I tried a morning shot. This photo has been downsized by about 60%.

bluewater-pano-small.jpg

This photo was from still images, but I have also put together some good panoramic photos by exporting video snapshots where in the video I panned the area.

I also experimented with doing a "two row" panorama (taking a series of photos left to right, adjusting the camera down and taking another series right to left) and it should have worked great, but one part of the horizon did not line up properly. Probably my fault for not taking enough shots. But I can't wait to put together a large multi-row pano.

I used Prodrenaline for the lens correction and Microsoft ICE to stitch the photo.

Meta4 said:

Beautiful shot(s)!

First post. Really just using the Phantom for photos.

Attachments

• CLT_rain_Panorama2-Edited_low.jpg
    CLT_rain_Panorama2-Edited_low.jpg
    357.5 KB · Views: 513
I love looking through the water with the sun behind the Phantom.
One from today. Three images stitched in Photoshop.
The northern end of Bribie Island and the Pumicestone Passage meeting the Pacific Ocean - Australia

Attachments

• Bribie_04a.jpg
    Bribie_04a.jpg
    734.6 KB · Views: 343

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers