It can't be this hard to get my footage?!

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have never owned a drone before and just got this P3S as a early Xmas gift from the gf. Its my 3rd day and I am comfortable taking off, controlling and landing and I already have some amazing footage. I now want to use Final Cut to edit them and make a video for Youtube. I have been trying to connect the P3S to my Macbook via the provided USB cable plus 2 of my own, the macbook is not responding to anything as though nothing has been connected. I then thought to download the footage from the DJIGo app on to my iPhone photo library then upload to my macbook that way via cable... Now photos app wont let me import as the file can not be recognised. I know the final option would be to use a memory card adapter but it is late here in the UK now to go get one and plus I am not patient like that lol.. I JUST WANT THE FOOTAGE ON MY MAC.. It shouldn't be this hard?! Any suggestions will be appreciated, thank you.

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum Umar. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

First, be sure you have the cable plugged into the gimbal port, not the port under the rubber cover on the front (that is for diagnostics). Then with the USB cable plugged into your Mac turn the P3S on. After a fe seconds there should be a removable drive icon, probably called 'Untitled'. At this point you can open that and remove the media you want and drag it to your desktop or a folder or alternatively, open Photos (if it didn't already open), and click on import at the top of the Photos window. There you should see the media on your P3S.

Ba safe and enjoy your new quad! The P3S is a great machine!

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum Umar. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

First, be sure you have the cable plugged into the gimbal port, not the port under the rubber cover on the front (that is for diagnostics). Then with the USB cable plugged into your Mac turn the P3S on. After a fe seconds there should be a removable drive icon, probably called 'Untitled'. At this point you can open that and remove the media you want and drag it to your desktop or a folder or alternatively, open Photos (if it didn't already open), and click on import at the top of the Photos window. There you should see the media on your P3S.

Ba safe and enjoy your new quad! The P3S is a great machine!

Thank you for the welcome LuvMyTJ, yes i am plugging in to the gimble port then turning the P3S on. No new devices are showing up on my macbook.

It should work, I do it on my Mac all the time. Have you tried seeing it with the disk utility? Open a finder window>at the top click GO>then click Utilities. See if it shows in the left side column. If not try a restart of your Mac just for fun. You may end up having to use a card reader.

It should work, I do it on my Mac all the time. Have you tried seeing it with the disk utility? Open a finder window>at the top click GO>then click Utilities. See if it shows in the left side column. If not try a restart of your Mac just for fun. You may end up having to use a card reader.
THE RESTART FIXED IT! Wooo lol. thank you very much!

Love the answer

"Just for fun" [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I find the easiest way is to get a ad card reader that way all I do is pull out the sd and put it in that. No cords and the drone can stay in the case

Reactions: UnrealDrones
I find the easiest way is to get a ad card reader that way all I do is pull out the sd and put it in that. No cords and the drone can stay in the case
Good idea. Keeps it much cleaner, and simplifies the whole process quite a bit.

Great to hear! Now share some of that stuff with us in the photos & video area! ;)
Just a question about videos, does this site take videos whole, like youtube and face book, or do I need to upload them to amazon cloud and send them, like I do if I email an individual?

Just a question about videos, does this site take videos whole, like youtube and face book, or do I need to upload them to amazon cloud and send them, like I do if I email an individual?
You would need to host it someplace like you mentioned, YT or Vimeo, etc. Then click the little film icon in the tool bar and add the link. ;)

why would you not just use a card reader?

I am assuming if you have final cut you are familiar with video editing. I always toss card into a card reader first. i dunno, maybe my workflow is different, but i have edited with FC and no issues using a cardreader

Reactions: SanCap
why would you not just use a card reader?

I am assuming if you have final cut you are familiar with video editing. I always toss card into a card reader first. i dunno, maybe my workflow is different, but i have edited with FC and no issues using a cardreader

This is the simplest way to do it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31