Greetings.... I recently purchased a new battery for my P3s. Was not a DJI battery - but one of those off brand models. Unfortunately - it refuses to

Reaction score
Greetings.... I recently purchased a new battery for my P3s. Was not a DJI battery - but one of those off brand models. Unfortunately - it refuses to accept a charge. When I attempt to charge it - all it does is flash the first green light 3 times while the on/off red button remains on during the first green light flashing on and off. To be honest - I was refunded my money - and when I asked the company to send me the return shipping fee - they told me not to bother about returning the battery. Also - they had no more of that model in stock. If so - has anyone experienced this non charging problem and found a way to repair the battery perchance ? Any advice/suggestions would be sincerely appreciated... Thank you kindly.....

Last edited:
Sounds like the battery might have been in the seller's stock in an uncharged state for several months or years, resulting in it now being unable to take a charge. I did see a couple of youtube videos posted by people who claimed there was a way to revive such dead batteries by tinkering with the internals, but I wouldn't try it myself, due to the high risk of explosion in the event the procedure is not correctly performed.

Back in 2017, I bought a Phantom3S brand new with two spare batteries but never got around to using it for two years, by which time all three batteries were completely dead and would not take a charge. I wound up burying all three batteries with full military honors, before buying a couple of new non-OEM batteries that powered that drone for over 1,200 miles of Litchi missions.

If you have extensive knowledge of electronics repair and precision soldering, you might be able to perform the required surgery to bring that battery back to life, but otherwise, my considered advice would be to deep-six it and start with a new non-OEM battery, since the original DJI ones are so hard to come by now.

What's it read with multimeter on terminals,if under 3 or 2 volts the charger wont charge
Yes as above need to open and bypass circutboard to add some charge but dangerous process if unsure ,,bucket of sand or lipo fire extinguisher is only way to kill this type of volatility

Quite often, my P3P batteries will flash the first green light and do nothing for several minutes, then begin to charge. They are OEM batteries though.

I suggest buy only dji, unless you have insurance (I do) but either way, I only trust dji batteries…..Good luck...✌️

Greetings.... I recently purchased a new battery for my P3s. Was not a DJI battery - but one of those off brand models. Unfortunately - it refuses to accept a charge. When I attempt to charge it - all it does is flash the first green light 3 times while the on/off red button remains on during the first green light flashing on and off. To be honest - I was refunded my money - and when I asked the company to send me the return shipping fee - they told me not to bother about returning the battery. Also - they had no more of that model in stock. If so - has anyone experienced this non charging problem and found a way to repair the battery perchance ? Any advice/suggestions would be sincerely appreciated... Thank you kindly.....
I guess some folks don't take a hint like I would. Wanting to try to get a rip-off battery to take a charge when they should be thankful it didn't charge only to die at 300' sounds a little peculiar. But I guess it takes a certain mindset to keep the fake battery folks in business.

If it weren't a fire hazard you could use it for a paper weight.

I guess some folks don't take a hint like I would. Wanting to try to get a rip-off battery to take a charge when they should be thankful it didn't charge only to die at 300' sounds a little peculiar. But I guess it takes a certain mindset to keep the fake battery folks in business.

Not all after-market DJI batteries are created equal. Some are substandard, with charging lights that are so dim as to be barely visible, while other brands are virtually indistinguishable from original DJI batteries in every regard.

Buying non-OEM batteries is a bit of a crapshoot, but for some DJI models like the Mavic Pro, it is virtually impossible to find original DJI batteries anywhere, leaving Mavic Pro owners with no alternative but to roll the dice with aftermarket batteries. I've had pretty good luck with the non-DJI batteries I bought on eBay for my P3S thus far, knock on wood.

Not all after-market DJI batteries are created equal. Some are substandard, with charging lights that are so dim as to be barely visible, while other brands are virtually indistinguishable from original DJI batteries in every regard.

Buying non-OEM batteries is a bit of a crapshoot, but for some DJI models like the Mavic Pro, it is virtually impossible to find original DJI batteries anywhere, leaving Mavic Pro owners with no alternative but to roll the dice with aftermarket batteries. I've had pretty good luck with the non-DJI batteries I bought on eBay for my P3S thus far, knock on wood.
Might be helpful to give Mavic Pro owners the name of battery suppliers that offer a good product. Saves from everybody having to reinvent the wheel, so to speak.

As @Billie Nelson said, not all non-DJI batteries are substandard. I have 3 PowerExtra and one FlyHi battery. Two of my PowerExtra batteries have over 150 charge cycles on them. They outlasted my original DJI battery which I retired long ago due to swelling. The only difference is that the LED lights are not as bright as the DJI battery. I will likely be retiring my two oldest PowerExtra batteries soon and replacing them with another new PowerExtra.

I just retired two of my DJI Spark batteries due to swelling. I sure wish there was third party batteries available for it as the price of Spark batteries has shot up greatly in the last year as they become harder to find.

Chris

Sounds like the battery might have been in the seller's stock in an uncharged state for several months or years, resulting in it now being unable to take a charge. I did see a couple of youtube videos posted by people who claimed there was a way to revive such dead batteries by tinkering with the internals, but I wouldn't try it myself, due to the high risk of explosion in the event the procedure is not correctly performed.

Back in 2017, I bought a Phantom3S brand new with two spare batteries but never got around to using it for two years, by which time all three batteries were completely dead and would not take a charge. I wound up burying all three batteries with full military honors, before buying a couple of new non-OEM batteries that powered that drone for over 1,200 miles of Litchi missions.

If you have extensive knowledge of electronics repair and precision soldering, you might be able to perform the required surgery to bring that battery back to life, but otherwise, my considered advice would be to deep-six it and start with a new non-OEM battery, since the original DJI ones are so hard to come by now.
Thanx for the input... I will just write it off as a loss....

Thanx for your advice.... I am going to dispose of it appropriately....

What's it read with multimeter on terminals,if under 3 or 2 volts the charger wont charge
Yes as above need to open and bypass circutboard to add some charge but dangerous process if unsure ,,bucket of sand or lipo fire extinguisher is only way to kill this type of volatility
Thanx for your advice.... Will dispose of it appropriately as is too risky to doctor it.......

Quite often, my P3P batteries will flash the first green light and do nothing for several minutes, then begin to charge. They are OEM batteries though.
Methinks am going to dispose it and purchase another. Thanx for responding

Am beaten on this one - at least I got refunded... Thanx for response..

Yip - Good advice - Thank you kindly...

Thanx - could have been worse..... At least I was refunded...

Reactions: Bone4Drone

Deep -six is best advice.. Thanx...

Yip - Beyond my knowledge to attempt repair... Thanx for response tho.....

Thanx for response.... Better for me to be safe than sorry....

As @Billie Nelson said, not all non-DJI batteries are substandard. I have 3 PowerExtra and one FlyHi battery. Two of my PowerExtra batteries have over 150 charge cycles on them. They outlasted my original DJI battery which I retired long ago due to swelling. The only difference is that the LED lights are not as bright as the DJI battery. I will likely be retiring my two oldest PowerExtra batteries soon and replacing them with another new PowerExtra.

I just retired two of my DJI Spark batteries due to swelling. I sure wish there was third party batteries available for it as the price of Spark batteries has shot up greatly in the last year as they become harder to find.

Chris
Thanx for response - Will check out the PowerExtra batteries...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen