issues with app that never ve had before - please help

"lets try sth else before that because its not a good time right now to download any kind of log" .. its 3am in the morning here which means lots of noise.. im gonna wake everybody up.. but okay you want the logs and not thinking that there maybe be a reason that i didnt gave you sth so far.. now you are kinda demanding the logs or else im a troll.. really guys??
First, you gave no indication whatsoever of where you were located, so how is anyone supposed to know your noise frame, etc..... As I said before, most , if not all of us around here are willing to offer assistance where we can, but that is a two way street. Unless I am horribly wrong, microlinux was telling you what you have already heard, although in a different manner. All of the talk, is just that....assumptions and speculations based on verbage. The data will give you the answer 80% of the time. That is all that was being said.

hello everyone.. this is what ive got from the dji log convrerter and thank you so much for giving a hand.. the rest flight is gone.. .dat file is gone because my little buddy has deleted everything from that day from the sd card because it was full.. and this is the only i ve got from my mobile..

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

what was the cause of app crash?? i cant see here something.. and i cant see what happened with the downlink because all i can see its after the rth command from the rc.. drone deleted .dat file as sd was full.. and whats next??

no flights since then because i cannot fly it knowin that the app is about to crash mid-flight once again.. it seems that the message with the fw camera update stopped showing up and im feelin confused of what on earth is goin on..

ps. i know what total signal loss mean.. ive lived few months ago the nightmare of a flyaway.. it was showing a mountain.. thought it was away from it according to the fpv.. but image transmittion was poor enough to underestimate the real distance.. signal droped completely and disconnected came up.. ac lost as it never rth.. didnt know what happened went out and searched it for hours.. no luck.. next day ive searched for it with another drone.. found it crashed.. retrieved it and got the video from the sd.. i was recording the time that the incident occured.. when ive got disconnected message it didnt perform rth.. it swiched to atti mode and went in straight line towards a cliff.. home point was in the opposite direction.. everything happened in seconds.. couldnt do sth.. went it to dji service.. dji covered almost everything as there has been faulty parts coming from the factory.. and thats my story about what happened with a total signal loss..

ps2. i really apreciated your help.. scripts are gettin misunderstood most of the time.. sorry if i made you think that im trolling or sth else..

Last edited:
didnt press twice the button
Touching the RTH button once cancels the RTH.
what was the cause of app crash?? i cant see here something.. and i cant see what happened with the downlink because all i can see its after the rth command from the rc.. drone deleted .dat file as sd was full.. and whats next??

no flights since then because i cannot fly it knowin that the app is about to crash mid-flight once again.
The most common cause of the app crashing is running the app on a phone or tablet that does not have enough RAM or a fast enough processor.
The Phantom never records a dat file on the camera SD card.
If the app crashes, you still have full signal connection between the Phantom and controller.
If in any doubt, you can always switch off the controller and the Phantom will RTH after a few seconds.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Touching the RTH button once cancels the RTH.

i agree.. but it initiaded rth because of interference from a port that i was taking a video from.. app crashed in mid-way back home.. rc stopped beeping.. meaning it stopped the rth proccedure (i know that from an older flight) and thats why i pressed rth button.. once.. i didnt stoped sth.. if i hadnt pressd rth.. drone would initiate that again because signal droped immediately after app crash..

The most common cause of the app crashing is running the app on a phone or tablet that does not have enough RAM or a fast enough processor.

4 gigs of ram (almost 3 of them were used by the dji go app) and plenty of space in internal storage.. no apps that may interfere with dji go app.. flight mode always on on mobile device before take off.. really confused with it..

The Phantom never records a dat file on the camera SD card.

i was meaning the other sd card.. the one which is inside.. it is called "black box" as well..

If the app crashes, you still have full signal connection between the Phantom and controller.

yep.. there have been a lot of flights that app crashed mid - flight (with other devices) and turned it back without watching what it was waching.. learned to fly without app.. but its not a good idea having no telemetry data at all..

If in any doubt, you can always switch off the controller and the Phantom will RTH after a few seconds.

of course.. but i prefer not to force it to enter failsafe mode..

it initiaded rth because of interference from a port that i was taking a video from.. app crashed in mid-way back home.. rc stopped beeping.. meaning it stopped the rth proccedure (i know that from an older flight) and thats why i pressed rth button.. once.. i didnt stoped sth.. if i hadnt pressd rth.. drone would initiate that again because signal droped immediately after app crash..
The log you posted above was started when you restarted DJI GO. It shows your Phantom was RTHing from the point the log started until it auto landed at the end of the log. Where do you see RTH being cancelled and restarted in that log?

Reactions: Meta4
Please help - My recently purchased P4Pro+, v2.0 stopped connecting yesterday. Upon startup using the controller, a DJI sales pitch continuously loops, upon attempting to sign in, an error message appears stating connection unavailable, retry.
Swipe down from the very top of the remote controller screen and verify the remote controller is connected to the Internet. If that does not resolve your issue, then please start your own thread since your issue is not related to this thread.

The log you posted above was started when you restarted DJI GO. It shows your Phantom was RTHing from the point the log started until it auto landed at the end of the log. Where do you see RTH being cancelled and restarted in that log?

agree.. this log is after ive pressed rth botton and restarted the app.. the rest is missing because the app crash.. is there any kind of way to retrieve it and give it to you to help me find out what has happened?? it seems that drone has deleted the .dat files of this flight maybe because sd was full..

anyway.. today i made a short flight to see if there is any kind of error with the app.. and generally errors.. app didnt crash.. and no errors.. so.. is there any possibility for the app to crash in long time flights or long distances?? if yes.. how can i deal with it??

thank you a lot..

it seems that drone has deleted the .dat files of this flight maybe because sd was full
The DAT flight log should be on the Phantom's internal memory card (not the memory card that was full). You can find instructions for locating that DAT file here. If you're able to locate it, please upload it here. If it's too large to upload, then upload it to a file sharing site (like dropbox.com) and post the download link here.

The DAT flight log should be on the Phantom's internal memory card (not the memory card that was full). You can find instructions for locating that DAT file here. If you're able to locate it, please upload it here. If it's too large to upload, then upload it to a file sharing site (like dropbox.com) and post the download link here.

msinger i was talking about black box.. it seems that it was full and drone has deleted the logs.. i cant find the date that this flight took place.. i only find logs that have the yesterdays date and on.. im starting to worrying..

msinger i was talking about black box.. it seems that it was full and drone has deleted the logs.. i cant find the date that this flight took place.. i only find logs that have the yesterdays date and on.. im starting to worrying..
Msinger is talking about the same internal SD card.
It should be full except in a nearly new Phantom as it overwrites the oldest files but always has several flights still stored.

Losing the app has no effect on an RTH in progress.
But touching the RTH button during will cancel the return to home.
Agreed, but you are also assuming the RC connection has been restored, or is still active. However, if the RC still isn't yet connected during RTH, touching the RTH button will have no effect. I know we both know this, but the OP and others reading along at home might not understand the distinction.:cool:

NOTE: If you ever think you have completely lost signal, inspect the LED light on the top of the RC. If it is red, signal has been fully lost. As long as the LED is green, your RC is still in full control of the aircraft, whether the app has crashed or not. I learned this the hard way! :eek:

Reactions: AWD and jephoto
If you ever think you have completely lost signal, inspect the LED light on the top of the RC. If it is red, signal has been fully lost.
Agreed, How long does it take for some to realize this. Just because you lose FPV and Downlink, very rarely means that you have lost AC control.

Reactions: AWD
Agreed, How long does it take for some to realize this. Just because you lose FPV and Downlink, very rarely means that you have lost AC control.
Some of us have to learn the hard way! ;)
I crashed my first P3P because I thought that by doing a CSC I could reconnect to the aircraft that way, after the app crashed, leaving the aircraft hovering in place. In fact, I was still connected, and the CSC, instead, shut off the motors in the air, while it was still hovering in sight 500 feet away at 250 feet AGL! Didn't end well! :eek: Live and learn! At least now I can share the benefit of my naive newbie experience so others can learn vicariously! :cool:

good evening everyone..

yep of course and you have to give a look at the rc s' led to be prepared to take any action if needed..

anyway.. i ve found what is goin on with the app crash.. it seems to have more posibilities to crash while device (mobile or tablet) its overheating.. dont know what to do in that case.. except of waiting for it to reload.. it sucks when it crash mid-flight..

ps. ive got a question.. because i really dont know the answer.. its almost a year with my little star and i dont know if its goin to pop up a message if high wind detected.. and if yes.. what conditions it might be up there to make it pop up?? many people with p3a/ p3p are saying that theirs are poping up this kind of warning.. mine never did.. is that because 1.11.30 fw or wind is not so strong to pop this warning up or maybe it didnt face yet any strong cross wind to pop it up?? it seems that i need to learn some more things about this beautiful machine..

really thank you guys..

many people with p3a/ p3p are saying that theirs are poping up this kind of warning.. mine never did.
I have never seen a wind warning on ANY P3 series. The P4's do get them often. I believe this is a function of the GO4 app as opposed the the pre-4 app. The data "might" be transmitted but the app does not recognize it to report it.

Reactions: xrider
really dont know.. my best friend show me this warning on his p3a s' flight record.. but he is running on 1.9.60 and 3.1.0 app.. dont know if this kind of combination pops up every kind of warning.. this thing is confusing me since i ve started flying in 5 to 6 beauforts to make videos for my customers.. i can see that it can recognise the high wind but no warning.. im a bit confused..

Reactions: JamesVG
my best friend show me this warning on his p3a s' flight record.. but he is running on 1.9.60 and 3.1.0 app.
This is what I was saying. The data is transmitted from the aircraft ( and will show up in the flight record) but you will see no warnings on your actual device screen while flying. Honestly though, as I said I have never seen that on a P3 data file before and have looked at all the firmware variants.

oookay.. it seems that i have to look up more often online dji records exept from airdata.. thank you

Any high wind warnings are merely an annoyance that requires tapping on them to acknowledge them, to see the part of your FPV they block, only to watch them reappear! They have no effect on the ability to fly, otherwise. If the wind is too severe at launch, you won't be flying anyway! The built-in wind warnings are set at a ridiculous 4 mph, which most everyone will encounter on every flight. The aircraft can easily handle winds in excess of 20mph. The main thing to consider is the direction of the wind. Make sure you don't need to fly upwind on your return, if you are pushing your flight time and battery limits! If you pushed it too far, you might need to ditchland the aircraft somewhere safe, away from your home point, and recover it. If you are flying over water, that could be disastrous.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic