issues with app that never ve had before - please help

good evening everyone..

yep of course and you have to give a look at the rc s' led to be prepared to take any action if needed..

anyway.. i ve found what is goin on with the app crash.. it seems to have more posibilities to crash while device (mobile or tablet) its overheating.. dont know what to do in that case.. except of waiting for it to reload.. it sucks when it crash mid-flight..
iPads don't perform well at 90°F and above, and will overheat, causing either an app crash or tablet system crash (RC itself has no such issue). Shading the device used will help, but avoid flying in hot ambient temperatures. When the iPad overheats and crashes, your RC is still in full control, so, if you can't see your aircraft, just activate RTH and don't inadvertently cancel it by pressing the RTH button a second time, unless you intend to, to take over manual control, once within sight, for landing. During RTH, the white light around the RTH button will be blinking. If it isn't blinking, it is not In RTH, and is most likely just hovering, waiting for command input, until the depletion of the battery causes it to land in place.

Last edited:
Any high wind warnings are merely an annoyance that requires tapping on them to acknowledge them,
Can it be assumed that you are speaking of a P4? As I mentioned earlier, I have never seen these warnings on any P3 flight data of the many I have reviewed.

Can it be assumed that you are speaking of a P4? As I mentioned earlier, I have never seen these warnings on any P3 flight data of the many I have reviewed.
Correct. Entire P4 series, including P4, P4A, and P4P, and the Mavics, which all use the new Go 4 app, which is the culprit. The silly high wind logic was never put into the older P3 series flying app. The P4 itself can also still be flown with the older P3 series flying app without any wind warnings.

Reactions: xrider
hello my helpful friends
i
ve read your answers.. but frirst.. ive got a xiaomi mi a1 for flights.. its an android device which is running android 8 and as i was searching and testing it seems that when it overheats app is crashing.. this particular day when the incident with rth happen it was afternoon.. no high enviromental temps and only dji go was running.. and no.. when it crashed the white ring stoped blinking and thats why i pressed it waiting the app to reload...

are there any kind of sensors for high winds letting the drone to know how to behave on each situation?? thats weird with the warning.. i knew that if a high wind occur mid-flight it will understand it but no message.. till i saw a p3a s' record on my friends ipad and on my other friends android talblet who has a p3p.. really dont know what to guess.. if app is supposed to warn me or not.. both of them are running on 1.9.60 fw and 3.1.0 app version and their machines are rev2..

and yes ive flown many times over water but ive never overdid with limits.. i listen always to my little friend as it is flying.. so there are zero possibilities for a disaster as a friend here told earlier..

Last edited:
You came here asking for help. Some very good and knowledgable people asked you to simply provide the log so they could help you. If you won't (for some reason) provide the log, then these good people cannot help you. It don't get any simpler than that.

If you really want help, then provide the log.

Bud

thank you for callin me a troll..

if i was a troll i wouldnt be like this.. and answers like "track it down for yourself" means "know what.. dont care about whatever you are dealing with.. but i want to write you sth to pass my time" .. im not cycling or sth.. you are telling me to give you logs.. you can see that im tryin to tell you "lets try sth else before that because its not a good time right now to download any kind of log" .. its 3am in the morning here which means lots of noise.. im gonna wake everybody up.. but okay you want the logs and not thinking that there maybe be a reason that i didnt gave you sth so far.. now you are kinda demanding the logs or else im a troll.. really guys?? who is the troll now?? lets get serious and try to find an explanation of what is causing the app to crash in mid-air.. if there is something that ive missed.. or if there could be a compatibility issue.. if we come across nothing i am goin to post )when the sun will be up and people here are waken up) the .dat or .csv.. or whatever you need.. and take back the "troll" because im not.. im just like you.. a pilot who wants to enjoy every single moment up there.. no matter if its for fun or if its for work..

hello my helpful friends
i
ve read your answers.. but frirst.. ive got a xiaomi mi a1 for flights.. its an android device which is running android 8 and as i was searching and testing it seems that when it overheats app is crashing.. this particular day when the incident with rth happen it was afternoon.. no high enviromental temps and only dji go was running.. and no.. when it crashed the white ring stoped blinking and thats why i pressed it waiting the app to reload...

are there any kind of sensors for high winds letting the drone to know how to behave on each situation?? thats weird with the warning.. i knew that if a high wind occur mid-flight it will understand it but no message.. till i saw a p3a s' record on my friends ipad and on my other friends android talblet who has a p3p.. really dont know what to guess.. if app is supposed to warn me or not.. both of them are running on 1.9.60 fw and 3.1.0 app version and their machines are rev2..

and yes ive flown many times over water but ive never overdid with limits.. i listen always to my little friend as it is flying.. so there are zero possibilities for a disaster as a friend here told earlier..
I'm on a Samsung S7 phone. The APP crashes every other time I fly. As a matter of fact with the last Samsung update the APP no longer works with my Spark. There are many different Android devices and each manufacturer puts their own little stamp on the operating system. Too many variations for the Go App to work flawlessly on all. I just stop flight progress and bring the APP back up and continue flight. The App has very little baring on your remote commands and you can fly the bird without the APP if you want. When you hit the RTH button on the remote, the APP is out of the picture. It's why everybody is telling you the APP crashing didn't cancel RTH. Maybe the remote stopped beeping and you THOUGHT it was canceled but it probably was still on it's way home. When you hit the button a second time, that's when it got canceled. I hate to say it because I'm not a fan of the fruit but Apple devices maybe a better choice to use with DJI products.

Reactions: xrider
good evening everyone..

yep of course and you have to give a look at the rc s' led to be prepared to take any action if needed..

anyway.. i ve found what is goin on with the app crash.. it seems to have more posibilities to crash while device (mobile or tablet) its overheating.. dont know what to do in that case.. except of waiting for it to reload.. it sucks when it crash mid-flight..

ps. ive got a question.. because i really dont know the answer.. its almost a year with my little star and i dont know if its goin to pop up a message if high wind detected.. and if yes.. what conditions it might be up there to make it pop up?? many people with p3a/ p3p are saying that theirs are poping up this kind of warning.. mine never did.. is that because 1.11.30 fw or wind is not so strong to pop this warning up or maybe it didnt face yet any strong cross wind to pop it up?? it seems that i need to learn some more things about this beautiful machine..

really thank you guys..
App crashes on the Android platform can happen for many reasons. To minimize this try a few thing:
1) Make sure that your device is fully charged to 100% (NO LESS) before you fly, as your RC will charge your device while connected to it. The lower the battery on your Android, the faster it will try to charge, generating the same heat you would get when plugged into the wall.
2) On Android, go to settings/apps/dji-whatever/storage. Clear that.
3) Shut off every other app on the device besides DJI. No phone, email, facebook, updates, etc.
4 Reboot and fly.

Please report back!

as your RC will charge your device while connected to it.
This is incorrect as posted and referenced many times. The device is not actually charging, although all indications are there to indicate such. It is not doing so. Therefore drawing no current to produce heat.

The lower the battery on your Android, the faster it will try to charge, generating the same heat you would get when plugged into the wall.

This is also incorrect. The charge rate has nothing to do with current charge values. The rate is the same throughout the charge process, regardless of current charge numbers. That is up until a certain point where the charge cycle will slowly fall and cease and this happens quickly.

Reactions: deltamike
It would seem that if help is offered by asking for log files that log files would be offered. Otherwise, it would seem that the request for help was not genuine.

Reactions: deltamike
I can't believe I just read the entire thread.

1. Upload the logs as explained in post #4.
2. Let several MUCH more intelligent people that us read the data.
3. Get a very informed determination of just what happened.

Or struggle through another 3 pages of back and forth time wasting.

AD

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4