issues with app that never ve had before - please help

Reaction score
hello everyone

i was flying a quite long distance for a commercial video (im a photographer) and when rth kicked in and drone was on the half way back app decided to crash.. rc stopped beeping meaning rth stopped and i pressed rth botton as i couldnt see where my little friend was hoverin while i was waitin the app to reload.. searched the logs and it seems that when the app crashed it gave to the drone the command to stop the rth proccedure.. app was working perfectly sicne yesterday when this thing happened..

today.. while warming up a camera fw update showed up.. a fw update that doest exist.. restarted app.. ac and rc.. same message came up... searched everywhere about this kind of app bug.. what causes it and whats the solution but i found nothing..

im giving you whats the combination that im usin.. if sb here can help me to solve this mystery with the app i would be grateful..

ac fw: 1.11.30
rc fw: 1.9.2
dev: xiaomi mi a1 32gb/4gb ram/oreo 8.0/video cache in dji go app turned off/ no apps that will affect negatively dji go app while in use and flight mode on dev always on when dji go app in use
app ver.: 3.1.28 (everything above 3.1.30 was coninusly crashing and i havent had no map at all)

thanks in advance
xrider

Last edited:
rc stopped beeping meaning rth stopped
RTH will not stop due to an app crash. The aircraft will continue the return flight. When the app crashes, the log stops. Once you re-boot and re-aquire another log file will start at that point. No way we can help you without seeing the logs ourselves.

Reactions: JoBe
as i saw on air data there is no error or something wrong with the ac.. when the app crash happened it seems that connection between rc and ac dropped.. ac was ready to enter failsafe but at this time i pressed the rth botton.. it seems that something is wrong with the above combination that ive told you.. dont know where is the fault.. is it because im using an old version of the app?? is it because this app isnt compatitible with rc or ac fw?? really dont know what to think or what to try..

Last edited:
as i saw on air data there is no error or something wrong with the ac.. when the crash happened it seems that connection between rc and ac dropped.. ac was ready to enter failsafe but at this time i pressed the rth botton.
Airdata has very limited information in the manner they compile it. As I mentioned we need to see the log files to tell you anything. Since you have these on Airdata, make this FULLY sharable such that the .csv can be downloaded and place a link back here to the Airdata flight in question. OR you can upload the .txt device file to the link below which will serve a similar purpose. Instructions are on the link if you choose to go that route.

DJI Flight Log Viewer

may i ask a question?? why do you want a log file when my problem is with the app and its abnormal functionality?? log files are for ac and rc.. and im telling you again.. there is nothing wrong over there.. its with the app..

searched the logs and it seems that when the app crashed it gave to the drone the command to stop the rth proccedure..
This quote is why. It will not give a command to stop RTH by itself, this is a function of the RC and AC not the app. That can be verified by the logs.

Reactions: Oso and JoBe
and ive told you.. its there.. when the app crashed the connection between ac and rc dropped.. drone was ready to enter failsafe but at this time i pressed rth button.. and started the rth proccedure again.. thats all.. no error on ac or rc.. i know how to read a log.. but i cant name a coinsidence this signal drop by the time of app crash.. i know what my machine is goin to do when app crashes and what not.. something is wrong with the app.. and really dont know what to do.. as i cannot fly without app.. i cannot work without watching what im filming..
ps. really dont like the way dji promotes apple products.. there are pilots/ users out there who only use android for their ease..

and when rth kicked in and drone was on the half way back app decided to crash.. rc stopped beeping meaning rth stopped
as dawg said, this is not what happened the app crashing will not stop rth.

and i pressed rth botton as i couldnt see where my little friend was hoverin while i was waitin the app to reload..
there we go now we know why rth stopped

searched the logs and it seems that when the app crashed it gave to the drone the command to stop the rth proccedure..
not accurate. see above.

i was flying a quite long distance for a commercial video (im a photographer) and when rth kicked in and drone was on the half way back app decided to crash.. rc stopped beeping meaning rth stopped and i pressed rth botton as i couldnt see where my little friend was hovering
Losing the app has no effect on an RTH in progress.
But touching the RTH button during will cancel the return to home.

Reactions: Mathews1113 and Oso
and ive told you.. its there.. when the app crashed the connection between ac and rc dropped.
That is expected, but most likely only downlink. As long as there is uplink, the RTH button will cancel it. That is another reason we need to see the log files to verify what was going on at the time, in order to give you some answers.

you are preplexing me.. hehe
lets start again.. app crashed on way back home.. i couldnt see the drone and rc stopped beeping.. when rc stops beeping drone stops rth procedure.. when i pressed rth it started again.. logs say the same..
and what about that weird camera fw update?? is it again with the drone?? come on.. something weird is happening with the app.. and i cant figure out what.. mobile device was fully compatitible with all the above combination.. no update or sth before the yesterdays event...
feel really confused right now..

app crashed on way back home.. i couldnt see the drone and rc stopped beeping.. when rc stops beeping drone stops rth procedure.. when i pressed rth it started again.. logs say the same..
This says to me that you only lost downlink....what you did apparently is manually stop RTH then restart with the second press. This makes a little more sense.

didnt press twice the button.. here it is.. half flight... whats left from the app crash.. it started again the proccedure when i pressed rth botton.. there is a downlink data error.. and something is wrong here.. okay.. tell me how i can see from .csv board to a google maps screen.. something seems to happen when the app crashed.. know to read logs but dont know how to see them on map.. like on air data.. not only copy paste the coordinates.. it gives the full path and more details but i dont know how can i do it..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180710-004338.png
    Screenshot_20180710-004338.png
    999.9 KB · Views: 412
Last edited:
Losing the app has no effect on an RTH in progress.
But touching the RTH button during will cancel the return to home.
Agreed. We see this scenario regularly here.

know to read logs but dont know how to see them on map.. like on air data..
The easiest way is to use the link posted earlier in post #4

well.. it seems that nobody here can share the top secret of "how can i see on map my flight according to the .csv file" or "why on earth the app is crashing like the devils daughter mid-flight" ..

i can only understand that some of you are tech guys and you use your own diagnostic tools to help people who are facing troubles with their drones.. thats very good giving your time to help..

but here we ve got an app problem.. not fw to give you .dat file or .csv or whatever else like this.. think about the second part of this weird thing.. the message.. it was asking for a camera update.. an update that doesnt exist..

the 1.11.30 is not an upgradable nor downgradlable version.. that means drone cannot perform any kind of fw update or downgrade.. so.. what about a glitch because 1.11.30 is a non official version and it maybe not be as fully compatitible with dji go app as expected??

really cant imagine something else..

well.. it seems that nobody here can share the top secret of "how can i see on map my flight according to the .csv file"
You can see the map if you followed the instructions in Post#4. No need to get ancy about it, we are trying to help you if we can. Personally, I don't think you have an app issue, and neither do several others but unless we can see the actual data, discussion is fruitless.

but here we ve got an app problem.. not fw to give you .dat file or .csv or whatever else like this.. think about the second part of this weird thing.. the message.. it was asking for a camera update.. an update that doesnt exist..

You're going in circles. If you know enough to be certain it's an app problem, then you should have no problem tracking it down yourself. If you decide otherwise, see Fly Dawg's post about how to upload the flight data. Until then, you're yelling into the wind. Troll elsewhere.

You're going in circles. If you know enough to be certain it's an app problem, then you should have no problem tracking it down yourself. If you decide otherwise, see Fly Dawg's post about how to upload the flight data. Until then, you're yelling into the wind. Troll elsewhere.

thank you for callin me a troll..

if i was a troll i wouldnt be like this.. and answers like "track it down for yourself" means "know what.. dont care about whatever you are dealing with.. but i want to write you sth to pass my time" .. im not cycling or sth.. you are telling me to give you logs.. you can see that im tryin to tell you "lets try sth else before that because its not a good time right now to download any kind of log" .. its 3am in the morning here which means lots of noise.. im gonna wake everybody up.. but okay you want the logs and not thinking that there maybe be a reason that i didnt gave you sth so far.. now you are kinda demanding the logs or else im a troll.. really guys?? who is the troll now?? lets get serious and try to find an explanation of what is causing the app to crash in mid-air.. if there is something that ive missed.. or if there could be a compatibility issue.. if we come across nothing i am goin to post )when the sun will be up and people here are waken up) the .dat or .csv.. or whatever you need.. and take back the "troll" because im not.. im just like you.. a pilot who wants to enjoy every single moment up there.. no matter if its for fun or if its for work..

Last edited:
Often pilots confuse a signal loss with total loss. Even with a smidgen of uplink signal touching the RTH button will initiate it. An app crash does not mean connection is lost, you just cant see it connected. As far as posting the flight to the viewer link above, it does actually help in diagnosing the issue. Lots of info can be gleaned from doing it and might solve your question.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20