issues with dji go app

Reaction score
hello everybody!! wishes for a great 2018 with health joy and of course safe flights!! :)

now.. i need your help as im having the followin two issues with dji go app (p3a drone) in two devices.

on tablet image transmition freezes from 200m and after.. ex. im filmin a tree.. or im just watchin it from above.. if i tell the drone to move forward image is freezin and becomin black and white for some reason.. full signal in both hd and rc..

on mobile device while airborne (no matter if im filmin or not) for some unknown reason app exits by itself.. drone is just hoverin and waitin for a command.. i ve tryied to open the app again but it doesnt find my drone.. so i did rc restart to get it unstuck..

what is goin on?? i even cant see our latest flights on flight logs in both devices from yesterday..

why do i have to come through this thing?? i ve tried different usb cables.. ive tried to clean cache in both devices.. with no result..

please give some advice because i dont want to get anxious anymore in every flight..

What device are you using?

samsung galaxy tab a (its on dji compatitible devs list)
and moto g5s

im runnin the latest firmwares on both ac (1.11.20) and rc (1.9.2) usin the latest dji go version (3.1.23)

That may be part of your problem. I used a Galaxy Tab A for a while, but as the apps and OS, were updated, it became far too slow to handle the processing. Switched to a Galaxy Tab S2 and works perfectly. Also am still using 2 year old AC and RC firmware, so that makes a difference as well. First though, what Android version do you have and do you have "Developer Options" enabled. That's something you could try, but may not help.

Also, the G5 should work, according to specs. So, enable "Developer Options" on that device, and enable "USB Debugging", that could help with that device, but may or may not with the Tab A.

on tablet ive got kitkat (4.1.1 - okay just make that you ve never seen that :/ ) and on moto g5s nougat (7.1.1)

edit. usb debuging is now on.. didnt know how to enable in both devs.. hope from the next flight everything could be ok.. especially with the phone..

Last edited:
Just to add one last thing. Personally, the tablet I use is dedicated for flying only. When you go out to fly with your device next, put it in "airplane" mode. That might help as well. I always fly that way, and cache the local maps before hand. Granted the tablet does not have cellular and only Wi-Fi , but that shuts off most everything that could slow things down.

Reactions: swansmadman
ive bought the tablet only for the flights.. its no sim compatitible and wifi is always disabled.. there are no other apps installed except from dji go.. ive bought it only for flyin purpose..
on phone im always switchin on "airplane mode" before turnin on rc and link them..
ive tested before with phone with usb debugging turned always on and airplane mode on and it seems ok..
after phone ive tested tablet as well but.. same things are happening again with image transmition..
i hope tomorrow that i will test phone in real flight conditions the app will not betray me..

ps. how can i make my flight records to show up?? since yesterday that ive flown it seems that there are only two from 10 or 11 and todays is only one from 7.. the rest records are there.. what happened to the rest?? lost??

Reactions: Rocket73
Never had an issue with flight records on Go or Litchi. You may have to search around for that one. Obviously if you have some, but not all, you have it set correctly.

you mean that it must be like this?? not all flight records from the ex 10 flights that you ve made in one day?? how about long time flights?? im gettin a bit confused..

No, they all should be there. If there is an issue, I was just saying that I have never experienced any issues with missing logs.

okay.. im searchin about this and i came into nothing.. hope somebody expert here could help me find out what is goin on.. i think that because of app exit while airborne something cause this.. till yesterday i could see everything because i was using the tablet with no exit app issue.. im really confused and worried because after the exit i got into again.. i took it off again.. so.. where are the flight records?? what kind of damage has that kind of exit has caused??

hello everyone!! ive had no flights since my last post here (06/01/18) because of bad weather conditions.. so yesterday i decided to "have fun" in simulator for a while... i know its boring but its missin me the "take off" and "go home" etc.. so after some time in simulator app decided to exit by itself... changed usb cable... same things again... put again the cable which came with my phone.. and tried to activate "airplane mode" .. nothing.. it was stil exitin after a while... usb debuggin is on... changed to mtp or ptp for media or photos tranfering and app couldnt find my drone.. so i rebinded.. same again... cleared again and again the cache on phone and app.. nothing..
i was goin to fly (real flight no simulator hehe) today but i cancelled because of this kind of bug... my phone has everything that app needs to work properly.. 3gigs of ram.. plenty of internal memory.. fhd screen.. dont know what to do anymore.. please drop some ideas to try... im desparated... i cant fly knowin that in mid flight app is goin to exit again... it sucks..
ps. somebody here (p3p) has had same issue with me with an exiting app witch was errasin flight records as well.. dont know if he did any kind of magic and found a solution...
ps2. tried litchi as well but it doesnt coverin my needs... the voice is totaly anoyin to my sensitive ears and the app ui its frustratin me...

Last edited:
Delete the app and Google

DJI GO 3.1.0 APK

this is the app I know that is mostly perfect. Give that a try as the app also has Google maps too and not here maps.

Reactions: xrider
it seems that ive got another issue... it asks for update and doesnt let me get in...
f3a5aa3b567b20ec4247c29421f38e7b.jpg

Last edited:
somebody told me to use dji go 4 because im on 7.1.1 fw on mobile (latest version)... even if i knew that it wouldnt work... here are the results..
fbcfc4c897f6e6f443b57fb2e8e2f557.jpg

im out of ideas.. i cant fly without knowin what its camera is watching...

hello again... tested today with video cache turned off... i pressed rth and app exited... the beep in the rc was single meaning error.. my little friend was comin to me but it wasnt on the way to the home point.. started to worryin a lot so i immediately pulled the stick down to lower its height.. then i saw that it was in atti mode from its lights flashin yellow... so i pulled full down the stick to land it cause i believed that it was goin to flyaway.. it landed safely and of course i quit testing it.. took it back home and downloaded the flight logs..
these 3 are from the todays flight.. can anyone help us to find out what is causing the app to exit? dont wanna lose my drone..

FLY366.log.txt

FLY367.log.txt

FLY368.log.txt

I an seeing so many errors on this so far
1515932526092.png
1515932538668.png
1515932549197.png
1515932554442.png

Really not sure if this is a hardware or firmware fault. Have you tried reflashing the firmware. Hopefully @msinger or @upwiththebirds can help

im gonna redownload flight logs as i jumped to 1.11.30 fw for this reason.. im very worried about "compass stuck" error.. ive been watchin this from the begginin of the logs (1.11.20 fw).. one more question.. was my drone ready to excecute a flyaway accordin to these logs??

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31