issues with dji go app

Compass stuck is not good. This will cause it to go to ATTI mode causing a fly away. Best thing is to wait till the weather is ok to fly, go to an open field and just fly around 10 metres height and not to far away. About 50 metres away. Do this till the battery is about 25% then land and check the logs. If anything does go wrong then that height and distance will be safe enough to have a strong signal and get your drone

the day before yesterday.. it was high enough and about 10 meters away from me.. i pressed rth because i was watchin that the app was ready to exit.. during its way back.. app exited and drone got into atti mode.. i know how to fly in atti mode.. thats not a problem.. but i was completely without telemetry and info about whats goin on.. so i landed it immediately safely without any scratch or sth.. other time when app exited it was waitin for me.. dont know if it was ready to flyaway and i stopped it by landin it.. surely if i dont find a solution to this thing.. whatever it is.. i may not let it take off..
im pretty sure that its pre owner had flyaway issues to deal with.. lost his trust in this drone and sell it to me.. but im not like him.. im not goin to lose my trust in this drone because its facin troubles with the app.. fw.. compass.. or whatever it is.. all these weird issues started since i started playin in simulator..
as i ve searched dji go has got great issues with android 7 .. cant root a brand new device.. so im about to sell my galaxy tab a for a fully compatitible and economical android tab as its got image transmittion issues because of low ram lack..
still searchin about new tablet and a way out.. so many days and yet dont know where to start.. im not havin a service store here and im goin completely in blind way..

how can i test its compass to ensure that its ok? and if its okay what kind of sw problem could cause it?? if i find solution in these two i may have all these issues solved..

Last edited:
the day before yesterday.. it was high enough and about 10 meters away from me.. i pressed rth because i was watchin that the app was ready to exit.. during its way back.. app exited and drone got into atti mode.. i know how to fly in atti mode.. thats not a problem.. but i was completely without telemetry and info about whats goin on.. so i landed it immediately safely without any scratch or sth.. other time when app exited it was waitin for me.. dont know if it was ready to flyaway and i stopped it by landin it.. surely if i dont find a solution to this thing.. whatever it is.. i may not let it take off..
im pretty sure that its pre owner had flyaway issues to deal with.. lost his trust in this drone and sell it to me.. but im not like him.. im not goin to lose my trust in this drone because its facin troubles with the app.. fw.. compass.. or whatever it is.. all these weird issues started since i started playin in simulator..
as i ve searched dji go has got great issues with android 7 .. cant root a brand new device.. so im about to sell my galaxy tab a for a fully compatitible and economical android tab as its got image transmittion issues because of low ram lack..
still searchin about new tablet and a way out.. so many days and yet dont know where to start.. im not havin a service store here and im goin completely in blind way..

how can i test its compass to ensure that its ok? and if its okay what kind of sw problem could cause it?? if i find solution in these two i may have all these issues solved..
Really like how your sticking by this... All this determination will pay off eventually. [emoji4] first of all when you take off, make sure your in "P" mode on the controller, also worth noting where your taking off from. Even gravel is usually mixed with bits of metal but I take it your going from a field. If that's the case how near is the nearest phone line and do you fly in that direction? Its worth mentioning your flight path too as you may be flying over a building that permits strong signals (such as a television studio) and the phone mast may cause havoc with the compass. Sounds far fetched I know but I want to round every possibility down. Even a chance that the drone may have already been crashed and wrecked and the seller just put a new shell on to hide it. Hope that's not the case but just want to pin down any scenarios so we can work this out

drone has never been crashed in my hands.. didnt know how to fly and flight after flight it learned me that flyin in simulator is by far away from the real flight conditions.. so i quit simulator.. i flew it today and im waitin for a batt recharge to download the flight logs and then post them here.. i strongly believe that its fw failure.. app failed with my moto g5s.. so uninstalled.. keep on with my tab a which i found what was causin image transmition issues.. too high video resolution.. so.. it seems that its gettin solved one by one.. now the only favor that im goin to ask is if someone is able to show me how a fully functional compass is workin through the sensors state.. thank you a lot for supportin us.. :)

I suggest, you borrow some other mobile device for testing.
Also I recall, even though I don't pay much attention to it. The map that shows where you are at in the app. The front of the aircraft should be pointed on the screen the same as it actually pointed.
You turn the craft and should be the same on the app screen. Don't need motors started to do this test.

Here is a link to compass calibration where they talk about the compass values.

Compass Calibration, A Complete Primer

Looking for Trouble ??

Oh my, don't a search like this...
Search Results for Query: stuck compass | DJI Phantom Drone Forum

Rod

I see in the video, your compass values are changing, that's good.

I don't see where you have done a IMU calibration, I don't know, but it wouldn't hurt.

Where are you getting these .txt files they don't work on this web-sight.

DJI Flight Log Viewer

Rod

solution.. tested a lot.. in every auto pilot mode and in atti mode.. then i downloaded again the latest flight logs.. guess what.. no errors..

it seems that 1.11.20 was messin with its compass and thats why "compass stuck" errors in flight logs.. now im on 1.11.30 and till now no errors..

changed the video quality from 2.7k to 1080p to match my tab a specifications.. and.. no image transmition problems..

i think that im gonna go on vacations after all this thing right now..

thank you a lot.. every single one here who helped us..

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ODIN Reviews