P4A will not talk with DJI Go 4 app

Western NY

I have sent DJI videos taken with Kittyhawk, and have yet to hear as to what their theory is as to why things do not work.
It seems like DJI sends an email every two days saying they haven't heard from you. I have sent them videos and detailed descriptions.

My P4A will still not connect or be recognized by the DJI Go 4 app, but is recognized by Kittyhawk.

DJI wrote today and told me to send in the drone. I am trying to determine if there is any warranty coverage on it, and what it is likely to cost. It was bought new in October 2017.

Meanwhile, if it works with Kittyhawk, perhaps it will work with Litchi, so I guess I will buy that and try it.

I am open to other suggestions.

It seems like DJI sends an email every two days saying they haven't heard from you. I have sent them videos and detailed descriptions.

My P4A will still not connect or be recognized by the DJI Go 4 app, but is recognized by Kittyhawk.

DJI wrote today and told me to send in the drone. I am trying to determine if there is any warranty coverage on it, and what it is likely to cost. It was bought new in October 2017.

Meanwhile, if it works with Kittyhawk, perhaps it will work with Litchi, so I guess I will buy that and try it.

I am open to other suggestions.
I would find out what the latest firmware is for your bird, and flash/re-flash it. My Crystal Sky would not connect to my P4P until I did this. Problem solved for me anyway!

Any chance of borrowing another RC? 300C or 300E? Wish I could loan you mine.
Well we are all grasping at straws, and I have tried numerous configurations. To be clear, and to address some of the suggestions:

-the DJI app on some of the platforms remains the same version of the app which I installed in March 2019, and have had no problems with until recently.
-some of the platforms have NEVER had Kittyhawk or any other similar app installed.
-on the main Samsung device, which I normally use, I tried reloading the DJI app from the app store, to assure the latest version. Things did not work after doing so.
-on one of the many phones, I had DJI Go 4 installed, which did not work. That phone just happened to have Kittyhawk on it, so I fired it up, and voila, it worked!
-then I installed Kittyhawk on the Samsung device I normally dedicate to the RC and AC, and found that it worked there. I made a couple of flights, without incident.

For the last two weeks, I have been unable to get the RC/AC combination to work on ANY of my almost dozen platforms (all Android) which I have available. Prior to two weeks ago, I had increasing difficulty getting the AC and platform (Samsung) to connect to each other, but eventually they did.

Thanks for your persistence and ideas. I appreciate the ideas, and someone may come up with one which resolves this issue. For that I will be grateful.

Finally, the aspect of this which I find most interesting, is that doing extensive google searches, I can find no other cases of anyone experiencing a problem like this. I would have expected otherwise. What I also find interesting is that my hardware remains static, and no software or firmware was altered, at least that I am aware of, and that this happened with a gradual failure rate.
Since you can't connect to DJI Go 4 you could try upgrading the firmware on the remote with DJI Assistant 2. I had a problem with controller firmware in the past. Not sure if it was exactly the same as yours but it cured not connecting to the app. I have two P4A's and would be happy to loan you a controller and also a tablet with Litchi if you were in AZ.

Reactions: Capt KO

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik