iPad Mini "hood / sunshade" falls off with the iPad Mini (P4)

Reaction score
I have a hood / sunscreen for my iPad mini (I have a Phantom 4). Several times now it's fallen off with the iPad Mini. Yes, I make sure it (seems) tightly clamped down, but usually when I tis the controller to keep antenna pointed and lined up properly, the iPad et al falls out. I am looking for a hood/sunscreen that STAYS ON and won't fall off with the iPad Mini.

Suggestions welcome please.

I am currently using 2 strips of velcro side by side on the p4 controller's tray, on the solid part. Then I have 2 strips that match up on the back case of my ipad mini 4. I often use a hoodman aviator sun blocker with the extender and it holds it rock solid. It works good enough that I never have employed the adaptor I milled to mount an ipad tripod mount in place of the standard tablet/phone " tray" that is on the p4. It is an aluminum block slotted and drilled to fit like the standard tray mounts on and then I tapped the end 1/4-20 the same as camera tripods. Then I bought a mount on amazon and screw it right to the block. Holds the ipad solid. But the velcro idea worked so well while I was making the other setup , that I still use the velcro.
captain kush

Last edited:
Reactions: Skyler King III
I am currently using 2 strips of velcro side by side on the p4 controller,s tray, on the solid part. Then I have 2 strips that match up on the back case of my ipad mini 4. I often use a hoodman aviator sun blocker with the extender and it holds it rock solid. It works good enough that I never have employed the adaptor I milled to mount an ipad tripod mount in place of the standard tablet/phone " tray" that is on the p4. It is an aluminum block slotted and drilled to fit like the standard tray mounts on and then I tapped the end 1/4-20 the same as camera tripods. Then I bought a mount on amazon and screw it right to the block. Holds the ipad solid. But the velcro idea worked so well while I was making the other setup , that I still use the velcro.
captain kush
THANKS ! I just ordered the Hoodman Aviator. Can you email me a picture of how you have the Velcro set up? [email protected]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.