Newbi Question. Ipad Mini 4 for Firmware Updates?

Reaction score
So here is a question for all you experts! Been flying the P4 for about a month and still think it is one of the coolest tools / Toys I have purchased.

So went out to fly the other morning, P4 and controller, Ipad Mini 4 with 128GB. Firmware update required. Figured I would just do it on location using my wifi hotspot on my phone (which is how I keep the maps updated when flying with the WiFi Mini). The Apple lightning jack to USB cable that connects to the controller should work. Went to connect to Aircraft to find only the micro usb port. Well I don't have a lightning to Micro USB cable, so had to pack it in and go home to connect to a laptop.

Question is, can you do a firmware update from the Ipad Mini? If so, where can I find the proper cable or adapter? Hit Ebay, buy geeze, all I can find are the lightning jack to large usb jack cables. Any suggestions and does anyone know if it is even possible?

Also, if creating and editing on the Mini, how do you get the file off the Mini? This is my first Apple product since the Apple Lisa PC, so confused as how to create a movie, edit it, then saved it. Now it is on the Mini and I want it on my PC???

Thanks in advance.

I bought a p4p which came with a micro usb to usb, and use a lighting plug to usb, bought an extra one off eBay. You need both cords to make it work as far as I know

I bought a p4p which came with a micro usb to usb, and use a lighting plug to usb, bought an extra one off eBay. You need both cords to make it work as far as I know
I had a Micro USB to USB that I used on my Samsung phone to connect to controller, and same for the mini to controller. But haven't figured out how to go from Lightning to Micro USB, so I can connect Ipad to P4.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl