Sunshade for Ipad Mini for RC on Phantom 4 v 2.0

Reaction score
Hello

I have a Phantom 4 Pro v2.0 and I am using a new iPad Mini as a screen for the RC. I ordered this sunshade made by PGY Tech from Amazon.

Amazon.com : PGYTECH 7.9inch 360°Surround FPV Phone Monitor Sun Shade Cover Tablets Pad Hood for DJI Mavic Air/Pro/Platinum, Spark, Tello, Phantom 4/3, Inspire, OSMO, M600 Monitor Remote Controller for iPad mini2/3/4, Sa : Camera & Photo

This order came directly from China. Unfortunately Amazon and the third party vendor decided to deliver this order to the wrong address in the wrong city and the wrong state. Now Amazon is saying that the item is no longer in stock and the only thing they can do is give me a refund. Can any one recommend a good quality sunshade for an iPad Mini?

Thank You!

David

Did you check out the Hoodman shown on the same Amazon page? Also found the PGY model on a Google search. AliEx china and a few from camera supplies in the states.

Reactions: drifter106
I ordered a Hoodman from Amazon for a iPad Mini this morning.. This should work just fine.
I’m using a three sided one at the moment. After looking at these, I think I’m going to give it a try. Hard now to keep the best angle for shade while aiming the antenna. Seen on tv and always wondered how convenient to use. Look awkward but don’t care, if it works. More practical than goggles. Stay in touch.

Won’t have to wear dark, non-reflective, shirts all the time. Lol

Padhat from Hoodivision. Been using them since 2014. LOVE it.
It's fabric with stiffening wings on the side. Flexible so folds up or lays flat in your case easily.
Mounted with Velco and is at an angle that makes you tip the pad forward so any reflections in the pad is of the inside of the black material of the hood.

Hav one for my iPad mini 3 used with my P3P's and one for my 2018 -9.7" iPad.
Can fly in any bright sun conditions using this hood.

One of my first thoughts would be to improvise....I would try getting a paper plate (of your choice). Then get some tape, (again, of your choice). Scissors might come in handy. Make a make shift shade. After you get it down you would get them up pretty quick on your viewing system.

Just a thought......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers