Insurance (UK based)

if you look here http://www.fpvuk.org/ and then contact simon directly he'll email you the details. it's currently £7.00 until July as all the insurance certs are renewed 1st August. The insurance is backed by Royal Sun Alliance.

Hope this helps

Bmews

Bunyarra said:
I have also put a question into my professional camera insurer - see what restrictions they will have on adding the P2V to the policy. I already have a huge public liability one for normal photography so asked if non-pro use of P2V can be included for both liability and breakage.

Wait and see :)

Nope - my pro insurer will not touch it

"Unfortunately we cannot insure any aerial photography as its classed as “too hazardous”. I do apologise."

BMEWS said:
if you look here http://www.fpvuk.org/ and then contact simon directly he'll email you the details. it's currently £7.00 until July as all the insurance certs are renewed 1st August. The insurance is backed by Royal Sun Alliance.

Hope this helps

Bmews
Are you replying to me - do you mean that Simon will email details of the forum ? (I already have their insurance)

pault said:
Are you replying to me - do you mean that Simon will email details of the forum ? (I already have their insurance)

Sorry mate, thought you were looking for their webaddress. apols for any inconvenience.

Bmews

BMEWS said:
pault said:

Sorry mate, thought you were looking for their webaddress. apols for any inconvenience.

Bmews
No probs - thanks anyway. So, does anyone know about this forum they have ?

pault said:
Pull_Up said:

I seem to remember Simon the chair of FPVUK did mention on a forum post of theirs somewhere that they had had 2 claims against the policy and both were paid without issue.

Simon, do you have a link to their forum ? (I have had a quick look at the FPVUK site and cannot see anything)

www.fpvhub.com

pault said:
Pull_Up said:

I seem to remember Simon the chair of FPVUK did mention on a forum post of theirs somewhere that they had had 2 claims against the policy and both were paid without issue.

Simon, do you have a link to their forum ? (I have had a quick look at the FPVUK site and cannot see anything)

www.fpvhub.com

Pull_Up said:
pault said:
Pull_Up said:

http://www.fpvhub.com
(another forum to spend hours reading - spending more time reading than flying these days !)

FPVUK for my £5mio personal liability insurance

My quad is covered under my home insurance. I'm covered for theft, loss or damage to personal items away from the home. Coveres watches, cameras, laptops etc. Nothing in the wording to say that rc models are excluded. So if it flew away or sank, i have grounds for a legitimate claim!

I'll try and post up the policy wording - it's with eSure.

I also carry a copy of the data protection act with me. Had a few people complain before asking if i'm registered for capturing personal information (i.e pictures of people on the ground way below). As soon as i show them the section saying that i dont need to register if the data i collect is for personal use, they go away.

neiloakley said:
FPVUK for my £5mio personal liability insurance

My quad is covered under my home insurance. I'm covered for theft, loss or damage to personal items away from the home. Coveres watches, cameras, laptops etc. Nothing in the wording to say that rc models are excluded. So if it flew away or sank, i have grounds for a legitimate claim!

I'll try and post up the policy wording - it's with eSure.

I also carry a copy of the data protection act with me. Had a few people complain before asking if i'm registered for capturing personal information (i.e pictures of people on the ground way below). As soon as i show them the section saying that i dont need to register if the data i collect is for personal use, they go away.

:D you don't need to worry about DPA. Everyone is entitled to take photographs in a public place. Nobody can stop you. As long as you're not contravening sections 166 or 167 of the ANO 2009 or causing unnecessary harm as per section 5 of the public order act. It all boils down to explaining what we're doing and allaying the trepidations of the NIMBY's

Hope this helps.

Bmews

BMEWS said:
neiloakley said:
sections 166 or 167 of the ANO 2009

also have a copy of that to aid in explaining.

One thing I never understood, maybe I missed something but the 400ft rule only seems to apply to craft that weigh over 7kg. Where is the height limit for <7kg UAVs quoted?

neiloakley said:
One thing I never understood, maybe I missed something but the 400ft rule only seems to apply to craft that weigh over 7kg. Where is the height limit for <7kg UAVs quoted?

shhhh :D that's the get out of jail free card. It doesn't state anywhere. So, if someone asks, you can legitimately say you are flying fully aware of ANO 2009 sect 166 167 when in reality due to the weight they'd be hard pushed to actually apply said sections to you :) However, that doesn't preclude using common sense and blatantly flying in areas where we shouldn't (without permission)

hope that helps

Bmews

neiloakley said:
BMEWS said:
neiloakley said:
sections 166 or 167 of the ANO 2009

also have a copy of that to aid in explaining.

Something that I have always wondered as well!

It reads to me that only the point 1,2,3 relate to us and the remaining don't as point 4 is for over 7kg and Section 167 is for surveillance aircraft only.

Obviously its good practice and sensible to abide by all these rules but in terms of the legality it appears most don't cover us.. for now anyway.

BMEWS said:
neiloakley said:

shhhh :D that's the get out of jail free card. It doesn't state anywhere. So, if someone asks, you can legitimately say you are flying fully aware of ANO 2009 sect 166 167 when in reality due to the weight they'd be hard pushed to actually apply said sections to you :) However, that doesn't preclude using common sense and blatantly flying in areas where we shouldn't (without permission)

hope that helps

Bmews

u beat me to it ;)

Im printing out a copy right now to stick in my flight case, no harm for some backup ;)

Remember, that when reading this stuff you must always abide by their interpretations.

"‘Small unmanned aircraft’ means any unmanned aircraft, other than a balloon or a kite, having
a mass of not more than 20kg without its fuel but including any articles or equipment installed
in or attached to the aircraft at the commencement of its flight;"

then you relate the above to sections 166 & 167 accordingly. :)

Bmews

Any flying in urban areas would be likely to take you within 50m of a house so a lot of the YouTube videos would appear to be illegal in the uk. Should you have an accident and have someone sue you for damages, presumably our insurance would not be valid.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers