UK crash cover

Reaction score
I been seeing so many UK drone owners being responsible and taking out insurance for liability if they crash. That's a great idea. However after being on this forum for about 2 years and searching post regarding insurance I have never seen anything like the American state farm insurance where your drone will get replaced if it gets wrecked. I'm pretty sure there will be a lot of scam sites out there saying that they cover the cost of a wrecked drone, but does anyone know any that actually exist and workes? I haven't wrecked my drone and don't plan on doing any risky flights, but would love to know if any UK sites like this exist. Also I live in a flat share with room mates so household insurance doesn't apply here so I can't claim on anything like that.

Try photoguard insurance, it is super cheap but it won't work if you lose the drone.
Thanks olly123, I can understand that they won't cover if you lose your drone, but will they cover the drone if it gets wrecked? Haven't had time to look it up yet as I'm a bit tied up at the min

Yes, it costs about £34 to insure for a year for a P4.
You'll have to pay more for mechanical breakdown and third party though, but the third party stuff is on your household insurance when you aren't doing it commerically.

Quickly looking at it I'm not sure if this will be ideal. It doesn't cover any electrical or mechanical failures and I can't find anywhere on the site to say drones are covered.
1528018608813.jpg

Drones are definitely covered, or at least were when I contacted them last month.

DJI covers the mechanical failure in their warranty though, so I wouldn't have thought that the mechanical breakdown would be an issue, but you can pay more if you need it.

However, you are looking at the PRO options, and as I don't make money from my drone I can go with their consumer one which might have different terms.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Cheers Olly. I will go for the standard one too. I suppose if there is a mechanical error then they wouldn't know. Just say I crashed it into a tree or something lol

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl