I Predict a Major Shift In Global Commercial/ Consumer Drone Industry Leadership Within 5 Years

Reaction score
Hey Yo's:

Whilst not at the level of confidence or control I have for my Bebop 2, I am pleased to be able to report that I'm at least operating my new (to me) Phantom 3 Standard in ways which are not as consistent with what most would expect from someone who has a touch of the Downs. So that's good, and listen, no complaints that my crass humor somehow hurt someone's feelers. It was done deliberately as part of your community's cultural tweaks needed now that you're part of my industry. Now then, back to the matter at hand.

Obviously, like most who would still consider themselves as new to the sUAS/ Drone sector/ community, I am in full acknowledgment of the 800 lbs. gorilla who plays the part of the sector leader, that being of course DJI. For the record, and completely off topic (again), being accustomed to the US dominating every other global players in absolutely all aspects of civil aviation (I'll concede gliders and Light Sport are the domains of the EU, but NOTHING goes to China), having to watch even the newest sector, the drone community, all being expected to kiss the ring of the most influential stakeholder by an unacceptable margin, and the fact that we're talking about a single Chinese company, well, it makes me sad. It makes my tummy-tum feel yucky anytime I'm faced with the realities of the sUAS community's already culturally entrenched large scale resignation exhibited by the masses that all major or relevant sector-wide decisions regarding the priorities, next directions, and the potential resources invested towards for developing the next generations of innovations and feature advancements for both sUAS hardware and software, are being trusted to be unilaterally developed by one Chinese company.

I know that's the norm for you guys, you probably don't see why that's a problem, and would be content to allow it to perpetuate moving forward. Well, one profit-driven corporation based in the US, never mind one based wholly in country which represents the US's most capable "near-peer" military adversaries, is absolutely not going to remain. That type of setup is beyond inconsistent, and I'd be comfortable saying a scenario which will never be irreconcilable with some of the US aviation industry's core cultural tenets.

Don't worry, this is a good thing for you. Now, instead of a single company having all the say, releasing to the marketplace what they decided will be the next direction, then having the rest of the other manufacturers scrambling to play catch up, the industry as a whole will be provided resources to use, and as a community will set what is needed and what the next level of awesome will be. Then, all the manufacturers who feel they have something to offer with the strategy are all invited to come together and decide how the resources get used. And all the juicy data and innovations developed are free for all users and stake holders to use in their initiatives.

Why? Because as a member of this industry, yes, you're beholden to regulations and limitations. But those big-boy pants rules also come with a codified mandate that the FAA place an equal level of priority and resources in the expansion and growth of the industry as a whole. Yeah, so, I'm just saying, forget stupid Remote ID tantrums, you guys are going to watch this **** get real and do so all while DJI tries to figure out just how they will fit into this new reality which will develop. If they are smart, and keep doing what they have, only being WAY more open about tech, they'll be good. But trust me, if they try to outdo or retain their asinine superhero level of global market-share, or even the elevated industry stature they've enjoyed for the last decade by foolishly trying to compete with the super-nerds working at the FAA Tech Center in Atlantic City or match the resources being funneled by the FAA, it'll be embarrassing for them. I hope they don't.

For the record, I still maintain the single reason the Chinese were able to somehow claim an unprecedented global dominance in an emerging industry which I had always anticipated would eventually find it's way over to the rest of the aviation industry, where the US is the undisputed and readily acknowledged pimp boss of the world. China's civil aerospace industry is experiencing significant struggles at best, never getting out of the starting gates at worst. Their mistake was trying to emulate the designs and processes of the Russians. Yeah, oops. Anyhoo, I was a very vocal critic of the FAA's stated and clearly understood reluctance, thus decision not to begin regulating drones, at least the Commercial ops and Manufacturers. My concern was the fact that by not regulating these aircraft, they were not providing the regulatory framework which could be used to provide them access to the NAS, even if just limited. Because when I was there in 2009, there were no Commercial Drone Ops which were legally being conducted in the US anywhere, because they were told, No. This was back before the waiver or COA systems were mature enough to be used in any way to allow a manufacturer the access to airspace they would need to innovate and conduct R&D.

I warned the guy's I knew in the UAS Program Office that if they didn't let companies innovate in our airspace, they would not wait, and would simply pull up stakes and go to a country which would. Does China have a less restrictive national airspace that DJI was able to access? Nope, in fact, their airspace is ALL locked down HARD by the military and General Aviation can go eat a *** *** if they don't like it. Because the Chinese can make some no **** savvy decisions, someone saw the potential, and was high enough in the party to get the military to give the company plenty of access, and we have now what results.

Man lots of words,I read over and over and I still cant make sense
I'm none of the above but you seem disrespectful to ones you metion and you want to be civil
I can hear your bebop forum calling you

Man lots of words,I read over and over and I still cant make sense
I'm none of the above but you seem disrespectful to ones you metion and you want to be civil
I can hear your bebop forum calling you

LOL No worries my man, I have been told many times my deliberate lack of brevity style can be difficult to unwrap. All I'm saying is, I don't like that any sector of Aviation is dominated by any other country. I say that based on one part obnoxious pride, and one part because the US is the global leader in aviation because we do it best. I want that type of approach to be applied to the drone sector, and I believe it will be. Now that the FAA regulates drones, they are statutorily mandated to also provide the sector with as many resources are needed to maximize the level of innovations and R&D conducted. The current system of everyone trusting one Chinese company to secretly develop what they decide when they decide, while no one ones fault, certainly not DJI, but is a situation which I don't feel should have ever developed. My prediction is that as the full knowledge and resources being to get applied to a drone-sector-wide agreed upon innovation road-map, DJI, they won't have a prayer of competing with that. I hope they step down from their current throne in a respectable manner, and join the new global drone realities where everyone cooperates and innovates in the open.

As far as you perceiving me as being disrespectful, this is something I've been seeing in nearly all drone forums. If I ever say something like "The drone sector's culture is distinctly theirs. But they need to tweak it a bit", it's important you understand what I mean, so please, hear me out. To start, I want to make sure I circle the disrespectful square you mentioned in your reply. I'm glad you said something because this is how this get's tweaked. I will never deliberately, in a manner driven by any form of malice, attempt to disrespect or attack the character of anyone in person or on any board or forum. What I will do is not mince words, and maybe even tease, or bust-the-stones-of folks in the conversation. Please know that in every case of my use of that style of stone-busting vernacular, I am actually doing so as a means of endearment of whoever I'm talking about. Here, let me explain the background.

I've been in civil aviation for 3 decades, 30 years, and not in a career path seen by many other people. Most folks are pilots, mechanics, FAs, Dispatchers, and remain within the confines of those specific roles for the entirety of their career. I THOUGHT that's what was going to happen, but I'm now thankful that didn't happen. I choice to bounce around the industry, somehow finding ways to jump into aviation industry sectors which are in no way directly related to any of the others, but I was somehow able to succeed. I started as a UH-60 Helicopter Mechanic, then a flight instructor, then sold single engine airplanes for a manufacturer, then I spent a few years as a lobbyist and advocate in Washington DC for the General Aviation users, then I was hired by the FAA to ensure that all FAA airspace rule-making or regulatory initiatives were being processed in compliance with Federal Environmental Policy Requirements (BORING AS HELL), and then I made the unlikely jump into the US Intelligence Community as a Civil Aviation Subject Matter Expert (SME) for a US Air Force organization called the Civil Aviation Intelligence Analysis Center. Now I'm starting a Commercial Drone Services company when I'm not managing my AirBnBs.

You may be thinking that only a narcissistic *** would list out all that seemingly useless resume info, but that's not why. I need you to understand that I'm speaking truths from a BROAD span of experiences. Every single one of those jobs I held came with it's own distinct and often contrary in many ways to the one I had just hopped out of. But every single one had a single common thread that I started recognizing, and then took a couple years to figure out the origin of. Here's the deal, every single culture which develops in any of the vast assortment of cultures have all evolved with a similar crass, stone-busting streak which isn't normally something other industries would welcome. Why would this happen?

Every single member of ever single sector included as a member of the Civil Aviation Industry becoming quickly indoctrinated to these cultures, all of which evolved as a result of the same underlying industry factors. Every user and stake holder, regardless of seniority or position, in this industry understand very clearly that if they observe, identify, or predict that any activities or operations are being conducted in a manner which reduces any safety margins or is perceived as a risk to flight safety in anyway, they are absolutely expected to, and will be held accountable if they fail to raise their concerns directly to the individual they feel is culpable. The level of seriousness and significance placed on this responsibility in near universal compliance of the entire industry can NOT be over stated.

The crass and stone-busting vernacular evolves as a means to assist in reducing the natural discomfort many feel when attempting to criticize a peer or superior, and reduces the likelihood of someone delaying a comment which could result in someone getting hurt or losing their lives.

You guys, all ya'lls, are now card carrying members whether you like it or not. You are now responsible for this same cultist level obsession with safety, and I'm not saying anything big needs to change about the culture you built and probably love. But, I'm finding what appears to me as a common tendency for most drone forums to all operate with a Stepford Wive's Creepy, Chick-filet bizarre insistence that everyone mind their Victorian era P's & Q's and not say ANYTHING even remotely offensive. At the risk of hyperbole, this is a dangerous way to operate when people need to feel free to call out anyone who is putting their safety, their regulatory access, or any other person at risk because they insist on acting like a fool.

Does this make sense? Probably not. This issue is quickly being recognized as the one which will take time to mitigate. We're all FRIENDS, I LOVE YOU ALL, AND I WANT NOTHING TO HARM YOU BECAUSE YOU THINK IT'S RUDE TO TELL ME I'M OPERATING MY DRONE IN STUPID AND IRRESPONSIBLE WAYS!

Hi BigNutz

So US aviation is the undisputed best according to you, what about the Boeing 737 MAX or the Douglas DC10's...

And who developed the only successful supersonic commercial passenger jet ..?

A bit rambling as ianzone suggests, what is your point, briefly LOL.., perhaps you are a little partisan in your analysis.. :)

Waylander

@BigNutz
I can't say I read all you wrote, but there are two things making DJI dominate the civil/mapping world:
1) global shutter camera on phantom 4 pro, which is in the < $2,000 price range.
2) control system that allows easy operation of camera, so pictures can be taken along flight path

If that was available, I would be making my own drone, especially to get around DJI's flight restriction system.
I am responsible for my drone use, no matter what DJI does, so don't need their "protection".

I am aware of ardupilot, and that people have set up home made drones with plight planning software controlling the camera. I mean its not "canned" yet, like how hobby 3d printers are with the arduino and ramps setup, if you are into that. I don't expect a system that canned for diy mapping drones, but something at least halfway setup so the major issues are solved.
What I really want is someone to say "no, its done", but have not seen that.
This is just one area of drones, many will not care about mapping flight plan control but they will care about the global shutter on a platform less than $2k.

Reactions: Dallas Drone Guy
I can tell you right now alot of guns are being sold in my area and more people I talk to that see me flying are talking about buying a drone staying home and flying around their area in my opinion coronavirus is helping certain sectors. Cleaning products booming, anyone wanting to get into the stock market cheap best time now. food delivery services have spiked.

Reactions: Basspig
Hi BigNutz

So US aviation is the undisputed best according to you, what about the Boeing 737 MAX or the Douglas DC10's...

And who developed the only successful supersonic commercial passenger jet ..?

A bit rambling as ianzone suggests, what is your point, briefly LOL.., perhaps you are a little partisan in your analysis.. :)

Waylander
I would never be so bold to claim I'm the master of all my biases. Am I partition, yes, in exactly the same way I'd expect someone from China to tell me all the reasons why I'm wrong about it.

You raise some valid points. What the hell Boeing was thinking when they simply made the decision to try and stray away from one of the very things that make them Boeing. They will eventually recover from this, but it'll sting for a bit. As far as the Concorde, yes, the first achievement of the soon-to-be EU and many many other aircraft.

You know what? My use of the term "dominate" was misplaced, especially in a forum chock full of citizens from around the globe. We'll chock it up to the risks of perpetual flow of consciousness I was typing with. A better term I think is Global Leadership of the Industry, and not from some redneck "Merica! Better!" standpoint, but from the standpoint of being a leader in ICAO, knowing when other countries and agencies have better, more efficient processes, being willing to sit in a room with any other CAA from around the globe and walking away having both learned and taught something.

The US provides the ATNS and ATC training for the majority of the world, but not NATS, because NATS has a unique, way friggen cooler system than FAA. I do think that US-Based sUAS manufacturing and development was severely inhibited in the middle to late 2000's, and remains so today trying to make up for lost time.

I also didn't mean to sound as if DJI was lacking in any way, because the capabilities they develop at the price point they do never stops blowing my mind. That said, I'm civil aviation to the core, Jesus Christ, I hope at least that''s obvious. Based largely on my perspective formed over my career and based on observations, I'll never be able to accept any sector of this industry as "the way it is", when I can see what the implications are of what is a very out-of-equilibrium sector, which would be the case for anything. If WonderBread secured 80% of the global bread marketplace, that too would be a severely unbalanced, out of equilibrium industry.

The world isn't going to end because the drone sector doesn't spin in a perfect circle, I get it. Plus this friggen Conholio virus will be taking care of that for us. But had the industry been better balanced over the last few years, and included a company from France which could at least match DJI capabilities, ran a slightly more effective R&D cycle, and was close to meeting DJI at production and distribution volumes, dudes, the kit you'd be playing with right now would make the P4Pro+2.0 look like a Beebop 2. Balanced marketplaces with near-peer competition a threat to all, and for the love of God, not relying on one company to direct where the entire community would be going next, is a shot in the arm to the whole damned lot of us.

I can tell you right now alot of guns are being sold in my area and more people I talk to that see me flying are talking about buying a drone staying home and flying around their area in my opinion coronavirus is helping certain sectors. Cleaning products booming, anyone wanting to get into the stock market cheap best time now. food delivery services have spiked.

Bro, I thought I had a knack for rocking some random **** outta left field to disrupt some shop-talk, but DANG! My hat's off to you. Was that our new secret bestie secret code for "Dude, Shut Up, Everyone Wants To Shank You Right Now"?

@BigNutz
I can't say I read all you wrote, but there are two things making DJI dominate the civil/mapping world:
1) global shutter camera on phantom 4 pro, which is in the < $2,000 price range.
2) control system that allows easy operation of camera, so pictures can be taken along flight path

If that was available, I would be making my own drone, especially to get around DJI's flight restriction system.
I am responsible for my drone use, no matter what DJI does, so don't need their "protection".

I am aware of ardupilot, and that people have set up home made drones with plight planning software controlling the camera. I mean its not "canned" yet, like how hobby 3d printers are with the arduino and ramps setup, if you are into that. I don't expect a system that canned for diy mapping drones, but something at least halfway setup so the major issues are solved.
What I really want is someone to say "no, its done", but have not seen that.
This is just one area of drones, many will not care about mapping flight plan control but they will care about the global shutter on a platform less than $2k.

The term I believe would sum up what you're looking for is the drone sector's need for some good ole' fashioned International Industry Standardization Program. If drones stayed out of FAA and civil aviation, this would have eventually migrated to the likes of the International Standards Organization (ISO). However, now that you're here, you'll be pleased to know that those initiatives have already begun in earnest with a the UN's civil aviation arm, the International Civil Aviation Organization, or ICAO (pronounced EYE-Kay-Oh). Because of ICAO, a pilot trained in Budapest would be able to operate in Iranian airspace and understand the surface markings on the taxi-ways of the nation's major airports. While the need for ICAO to reign in a list of independent CAAs from 200 countries, all trying to the same things but in different ways, to ensure they agree upon an accepted standardization of terms and systems is long since past, they are in a maintenance of the standardization at this point. The point being, the people who know exactly what to do to make it happen, will be tasked to make it happen. Another brand of ICAO standardization, that which looks to make every nations' aviation laws as close to what is agreed to be ideal, is handled by a number of regional Regulatory "Harmonization" Committee. There are exactly 0 nations who are 100% in compliance with the Harmonization Standards, but that's OK.

I should note, while they will touch everything in the drone sector at some point, the standardization work done thus far has focused I believe on the Air Traffic Navigation Service Providers, the Air Traffic Control problems, and drone access in the various countries. Oftentimes the manufacturers will self standardize with the FAA's blessing and oversight (and money) periodically, or as a standing committee.

Here's what I really think the sector needs, and probably is somewhat overdue. I'll admit that I was a little surprised to learn that AOPA, the organization I had worked for and advocated on behalf to limit Drone access, had realized the potential membership pool which could be opened up. I know for a fact that this triggered to creation of another Government Affairs Directorship, and subordinate staff, so resources are being placed into advocating for the sUAS users needs. BUT, I can also tell you , and you all know this, there have been, will continue to be, and will probably be new specific issues where the single engine manned community and sUAS community are at complete odds with each other, and many of those will be issues worth fighting.

Thank you AOPA, we love you too, but the global drone community is really in need of a advocacy and lobbyist group which is beholden to and represents the interests of ONLY the drone community. Is there anyone out there trying to spin that up? It usually starts at the national level, and when X number of additional nations stand up their own version, BOOM International version!

LOL No worries my man, I have been told many times my deliberate lack of brevity style can be difficult to unwrap. All I'm saying is, I don't like that any sector of Aviation is dominated by any other country. I say that based on one part obnoxious pride, and one part because the US is the global leader in aviation because we do it best. I want that type of approach to be applied to the drone sector, and I believe it will be. Now that the FAA regulates drones, they are statutorily mandated to also provide the sector with as many resources are needed to maximize the level of innovations and R&D conducted. The current system of everyone trusting one Chinese company to secretly develop what they decide when they decide, while no one ones fault, certainly not DJI, but is a situation which I don't feel should have ever developed. My prediction is that as the full knowledge and resources being to get applied to a drone-sector-wide agreed upon innovation road-map, DJI, they won't have a prayer of competing with that. I hope they step down from their current throne in a respectable manner, and join the new global drone realities where everyone cooperates and innovates in the open.

As far as you perceiving me as being disrespectful, this is something I've been seeing in nearly all drone forums. If I ever say something like "The drone sector's culture is distinctly theirs. But they need to tweak it a bit", it's important you understand what I mean, so please, hear me out. To start, I want to make sure I circle the disrespectful square you mentioned in your reply. I'm glad you said something because this is how this get's tweaked. I will never deliberately, in a manner driven by any form of malice, attempt to disrespect or attack the character of anyone in person or on any board or forum. What I will do is not mince words, and maybe even tease, or bust-the-stones-of folks in the conversation. Please know that in every case of my use of that style of stone-busting vernacular, I am actually doing so as a means of endearment of whoever I'm talking about. Here, let me explain the background.

I've been in civil aviation for 3 decades, 30 years, and not in a career path seen by many other people. Most folks are pilots, mechanics, FAs, Dispatchers, and remain within the confines of those specific roles for the entirety of their career. I THOUGHT that's what was going to happen, but I'm now thankful that didn't happen. I choice to bounce around the industry, somehow finding ways to jump into aviation industry sectors which are in no way directly related to any of the others, but I was somehow able to succeed. I started as a UH-60 Helicopter Mechanic, then a flight instructor, then sold single engine airplanes for a manufacturer, then I spent a few years as a lobbyist and advocate in Washington DC for the General Aviation users, then I was hired by the FAA to ensure that all FAA airspace rule-making or regulatory initiatives were being processed in compliance with Federal Environmental Policy Requirements (BORING AS HELL), and then I made the unlikely jump into the US Intelligence Community as a Civil Aviation Subject Matter Expert (SME) for a US Air Force organization called the Civil Aviation Intelligence Analysis Center. Now I'm starting a Commercial Drone Services company when I'm not managing my AirBnBs.

You may be thinking that only a narcissistic *** would list out all that seemingly useless resume info, but that's not why. I need you to understand that I'm speaking truths from a BROAD span of experiences. Every single one of those jobs I held came with it's own distinct and often contrary in many ways to the one I had just hopped out of. But every single one had a single common thread that I started recognizing, and then took a couple years to figure out the origin of. Here's the deal, every single culture which develops in any of the vast assortment of cultures have all evolved with a similar crass, stone-busting streak which isn't normally something other industries would welcome. Why would this happen?

Every single member of ever single sector included as a member of the Civil Aviation Industry becoming quickly indoctrinated to these cultures, all of which evolved as a result of the same underlying industry factors. Every user and stake holder, regardless of seniority or position, in this industry understand very clearly that if they observe, identify, or predict that any activities or operations are being conducted in a manner which reduces any safety margins or is perceived as a risk to flight safety in anyway, they are absolutely expected to, and will be held accountable if they fail to raise their concerns directly to the individual they feel is culpable. The level of seriousness and significance placed on this responsibility in near universal compliance of the entire industry can NOT be over stated.

The crass and stone-busting vernacular evolves as a means to assist in reducing the natural discomfort many feel when attempting to criticize a peer or superior, and reduces the likelihood of someone delaying a comment which could result in someone getting hurt or losing their lives.

You guys, all ya'lls, are now card carrying members whether you like it or not. You are now responsible for this same cultist level obsession with safety, and I'm not saying anything big needs to change about the culture you built and probably love. But, I'm finding what appears to me as a common tendency for most drone forums to all operate with a Stepford Wive's Creepy, Chick-filet bizarre insistence that everyone mind their Victorian era P's & Q's and not say ANYTHING even remotely offensive. At the risk of hyperbole, this is a dangerous way to operate when people need to feel free to call out anyone who is putting their safety, their regulatory access, or any other person at risk because they insist on acting like a fool.

Does this make sense? Probably not. This issue is quickly being recognized as the one which will take time to mitigate. We're all FRIENDS, I LOVE YOU ALL, AND I WANT NOTHING TO HARM YOU BECAUSE YOU THINK IT'S RUDE TO TELL ME I'M OPERATING MY DRONE IN STUPID AND IRRESPONSIBLE WAYS!
Gosh you love to write,your welcome here but keep the posts bit shorter mayby,might be easier to understand, there's so much going on in your post it's hard to follow ,freedom of speech is good but you seem to have a bit more and like to make you point,,yes we are in this together and if you fly stupid you will be told,,I dont mind people with a bit of downs,it makes honest people and great fun to be around ,not sure why but like you just haven't figured it out yet,hell I like anybody
Enough from me stay safe ?

Gosh you love to write,your welcome here but keep the posts bit shorter mayby,might be easier to understand, there's so much going on in your post it's hard to follow ,freedom of speech is good but you seem to have a bit more and like to make you point,,yes we are in this together and if you fly stupid you will be told,,I dont mind people with a bit of downs,it makes honest people and great fun to be around ,not sure why but like you just haven't figured it out yet,hell I like anybody
Enough from me stay safe ?

Every bit of your sage wisdom is absolutely spot on, and has been sadly told to me repeatedly throughout my life. It may surprise everyone to hear this, but every once in awhile, someone out of left field will drop a quick note to say how much they enjoy reading my "long-form" writing style, and how entertained they were to do it.

THAT my friends is what we call "Validation", it's exactly what I probably don't need, always makes me feel overwhelmingly joyous when it happens, and unfortunately just one will keep me going for months.

Here's the deal, there is a small bit of method to the seemingly madness. I won't delve into the details of this story, because we're talking about testing the character limits of these post windows long if I do. But one of the most traumatic events in my life, which never should have happened, but did, not entirely, but in a significant part because a person chose to omit multiple key elements of information related to a giant swirling ****-storm which would eventually stall when centered directly on my face, details which were not being included to those who had to ability to make it go away, but didn't. These critical pieces of information may have or may not have had an impact, but I perceived them as elements of context, which were absolutely needed for the whole story to be understood. But alas, it never was, and whilst the rage is only an afterthought compared to when it happened, I still have the scars.

The conclusion to this poetic prose I am gifting you, is this: I've seen first hand the damage that can be caused when someone unilaterally and myopically omits a critical piece of context, regardless of size. Therefore, I have made it a core tenet of my life that I would never commit this crime of laziness, but hidden behind the protection of "brevity", a term which I interpret as a slur to humanity!

So now ya know!!

I try not to be rude. You really like to hear yourself talk and have fun watching others responses.
Attention seeking behavior is to act in a way that is likely to elicit attention, usually to elicit validation from others. People are thought to engage in both positive and negative attention seeking behavior independent of the actual benefit or harm to health. Most behavior that is motivated by attention seeking is considered to be driven by self-consciousness and thus an externalization of personality rather than internal and self-motivated behavior. This type of influence on behavior can result in a potential loss of a person's sense of agency, personality disorder and the behavior associated with these conditions.[1]

Enjoying the attention of others is socially acceptable in some situations.[2] In some instances, however, the need for attention can lead to new difficulties and may highlight underlying, preexisting ones. However, as a tactical method, it is often used in combat, theatre (upstaging) and it is fundamental to marketing. One strategy used to counter various types of attention-seeking behavior is planned ignoring.

I try not to be rude. You really like to hear yourself talk and have fun watching others responses.

I don't think it's rude, and I sort of agree with you. I do like to talk, and I do enjoy watching people respond. But they both originate from the same place. I LOVE to have conversations, written or verbal. I have a lot to say, I think, because I'm new here, and want to find the people who can teach me, and maybe some I can return the favor by schooling some folk.

Reactions: WV. Rootman
Attention seeking behavior is to act in a way that is likely to elicit attention, usually to elicit validation from others. People are thought to engage in both positive and negative attention seeking behavior independent of the actual benefit or harm to health. Most behavior that is motivated by attention seeking is considered to be driven by self-consciousness and thus an externalization of personality rather than internal and self-motivated behavior. This type of influence on behavior can result in a potential loss of a person's sense of agency, personality disorder and the behavior associated with these conditions.[1]

Enjoying the attention of others is socially acceptable in some situations.[2] In some instances, however, the need for attention can lead to new difficulties and may highlight underlying, preexisting ones. However, as a tactical method, it is often used in combat, theatre (upstaging) and it is fundamental to marketing. One strategy used to counter various types of attention-seeking behavior is planned ignoring.

Bravo, my friend! Did you pull that from somewhere or just slam down a gauntlet of KNOWLEDGE!!!!???

One of the points you made, regarding the propensity of those with underlying narcissistic tendencies driving their need for acknowledgment often being masqueraded as generosity or empathy.

And, No, we weren't talking about me!! LOLOL

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan