I lost it.. :((

Did you see any of the compass/GPS errors in DJI GO as you were flying?

No, I had 14 satalites and full bars then I got the pop-up No-GPS and a Red bar top left and a Aircraft disconnect warning , even without the GPS I could have came home but I also lost video feed

All being well, the Phantom 4 Pro will avoid landing on water (I've read in several reviews) so don't give up hope.
If the landing protection feature is turned on the P4P will refuse to land in questionable conditions and instead hover and await instructions. But if no instructions are received it would eventually go into critical battery mode and land anyway.

It looks like you crashed into the building below. Try looking for it in the circled area.

Crash.jpg

It looks like you crashed into the building below. Try looking for it in the circled area.

View attachment 70600

As a newb I didn't wanna act like me know it all but I questioned the height on the final reading on the log and thought it wasn't a great height. I would have assumed crash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I can tell by your screen shot it's landed around handles or castle point. I do apologise as I live in London, England, and just using your screen shot to track it down. It's worth heading in that direction
1481490453323.png

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Snapring and V tail
can you get that map image footage from the flight log?
My log viewer builds a KML file from the flight data. You can view the KML file in Google Earth. That's where the above screenshot came from.

its nowhere near a tall structure or the building you posted a pic of
Are you sure? Have you looked for it in that area? If not, you might want to head out there soon before someone else finds it before you.

Reactions: Snapring
Are you sure? Have you looked for it in that area? If not, you might want to head out there soon before someone else finds it before you.
No I didnt look there I looked where I last seen video feed from which is also within about 100 ft of so of the last pic I posted , May I ask why you think its around that building, because its a tall structure in the general area ?

Did you see the picture of the last location from the flight log , that pic you showed with the circle is Stevens Tech I wasnt near that , Take look
May I ask why you think its around that building, because its a tall structure in the general area ?
The fatal flaw was that you didn't stay out in the open on the river, but flew in to where signal was blocked by a tall building that was between the Phantom and home.
Signal was lost at 6:16 and the Phantom initiated RTH 3 seconds later to come back home on the straight line path:
i-TDvKf53-XL.jpg

But the straight line path is right through the building which was blocking signal and RTH was not high enough to clear it.
Your screenshot shows where the Phantom was lost when signal was lost before RTH
Impact was at 7:34 and you can even see the track of the Phantom falling here:
i-bxBvrxR-XL.jpg

There are lots of things that can go wrong on a Phantom flight.
The Phantom is a very capable aircraft and it's important not to get too adventurous before you understand what they are and have strategies to ensure they don't happen to you.

If you haven't played with your controller since the flight you might go back in and see if RTH collision avoidance was turned on, in which case this theoretically should have been avoided. But I'm not sure you can check those settings without first connecting to the aircraft, which you no longer have :(.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ODIN Reviews