How to Update Tx-Power with Magic Power v5.0

Hi PapaTita,
I'm considering the mod for the P3 Standard. What are the potential risks of installation? And can it be reversed?
Many thanks.

There is always a risk in modding stuff that aren't supposed to be modded. My personal opinion in this case is that the risk aren't that high. Also there are lots of people that has done this, including myself, without any issues.

It can be reversed.

Beware though that you are potentially risking your warranty if you do this.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

There is always a risk in modding stuff that aren't supposed to be modded. My personal opinion in this case is that the risk aren't that high. Also there are lots of people that has done this, including myself, without any issues.

It can be reversed.

Beware though that you are potentially risking your warranty if you do this.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
any modding done by accessing "backdoor" which may available on the first place. but when it goes wrong, it might close the backdoor itself.

in this case, mods are working via wifi. when something goes bad, we might no longer connect to the wifi it self. example, when we set the channel out of our PC/laptop channel range, so we can't do anything more. and this is just an example that might find some workout by using other PC/laptop. but in some other case, there almost 99,99% no way out.

another example is doing upgrade of PC's BIOS. there are stright requirement to be held carefully... once we make mistake, then the board is completely dead (bricked). unless some board which has 2nd BIOS containing backup, but they are realy rare only for highend (gaming/server) series. or we replace the phisical of the board's BIOS chip.

so, what is actually the real danger of modding? some people says it's reversable, when they know another way other than the first "backdoor" it self. and some other people says it is not reversible, because they don't have any other idea (yet) about another way other than the backdoor.

sorry for talking a bit out of topic.... [emoji16]

Sent from my SCL23 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I...

Did you find the difference on vsftpd.conf under 1.7.9 firmware?
/////////////////////////////////////////
local_root=/tmp
background=YES
listen=YES
anonymous_enable=NO
local_enable=YES <---------No ???
write_enable=YES
local_umask=022
check_shell=NO
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
I always appreciate your efforts.

no difference on 1.7.9
local_enable=YES

Sent from my MI MAX using PhantomPilots mobile app

I don't have P3S but with help of a friend this is a range comparison using firmware 1.5.7 + Magic v5.1 and 1.7.9 + Magic v5.2 at:

- Same location
- Same day
- Stock antenna + windsurfer

1. FW 1.5.7 + Magic v5.1
FB_IMG_1479432905046.jpg

2. FW 1.7.9 + Magic v5.2
FB_IMG_1479432948116.jpg

3. FW 1.7.9 (No Magic)
facebook_1479434811446.jpg

Im using magic 5.1 on fw 1.5.7. Would like to go to magic 5.2 and 1.7.9. How would I do that? Use magic to go back to original settings before upgrade/ etc

Yes, you have already 20dbm , after modification 27dbm (500mW inc antenna power)
That's not really correct, in FCC mode the wifi (2.4) runs at 27dbm already. It's the RC control signal (5.8) that is at 20dbm.

Reactions: Olsen Petrus
So to confirm - if I'm already in FCC mode - is this mod worth it ?
Read post #718. If your in the states your at 27bdm already with the 2.4GHz wifi signal.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT