How to Update Tx-Power with Magic Power v5.0

Just test a new version from the Magic. Stock antenna + windsurfer.

44a473f0d8eca9ab75561fd3140bdbc0.jpg

*** Not published yet, there are one or two more revisions.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: sinxa and julien92
Thanx guys for summarizing! I am using firmware 1.8.6 at the moment. Does someone has experience with this firmware?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Andi Hak, I understand you mean 1.6.8... if so, I was on 1.6.8 this morning before the mod I got 94m alt and 190 distance, and after the mod, in the exact same place but 30 min later, I got more or less the same, so now i'm rolling back to 1.5.7 and will do the mod again but at 24dbi.

Hi ferjilo, absolutely correct! Typing error. I meant 1.6.8. Seems like the mod is not working with 1.6.8?

Andi, from my experience it didn't affect on 1.6.8.

I just tried the mod on 1.5.7 (with 24db) and it improved significantly: reached a bit more than 500mts distance with almost 300m height. Still far from what I figured as US reach but quite better. Any tip on how to reach max distance? What is a distance/height good ratio?

Thanx for your experience. Is there a reason why the mod is not working on 1.6.8 and dji goo? At the moment I could reach distances about 400-500m in 80m height in CE area with very low wifi pollution.

Andi, from my experience it didn't affect on 1.6.8.

I just tried the mod on 1.5.7 (with 24db) and it improved significantly: reached a bit more than 500mts distance with almost 300m height. Still far from what I figured as US reach but quite better. Any tip on how to reach max distance? What is a distance/height good ratio?
Don't think there's any magic ratio, but higher is always better for two reasons. First you're getting farther away from possible interference from the ground, and next as you get farther away from the home point the less likely anything could block the LOS between the RC and the AC.

Reactions: sinxa and ferjilo
Thanks all and thanks to @PapaTita
I'm not sure but seems that MagicPower works fine with specific versions of Phantom firmware.
Using my DJI GO app, under General settings/About, i see "version 1.6.80".
Is this version good for using MagicPower?
Thanks!

Thanks all and thanks to @PapaTita
I'm not sure but seems that MagicPower works fine with specific versions of Phantom firmware.
Using my DJI GO app, under General settings/About, i see "version 1.6.80".
Is this version good for using MagicPower?
Thanks!
1.5.7 is the best.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using PhantomPilots mobile app

just tested 24dBm to RC only, yesterday downloaded that and now installet to RC, I GOT 3X FLIGHTDISTANCE vs CE default. YEAH.
P3 4k with latest firmware.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez